Cetan08

letter/number designation

Cetan08

I hope this hasn't been covered before. I have gotten so many different answers that I hope someone has a clear and decisive answer.

I am talking about the  letter/numbers like B-80 or C-120 and so on.

I have a C121 that has the K-301 and hydro.

I know that on powerking I have a 1612 that means it has 16 inch rears with a 12 horse Kohler.

Can someone clear up the system on the Wheelhorse.

Thanks

rmaynard

It varies from year to year, but in the case of the B-80, B is the series, 8 is the HP. Same with C-120, 12 HP. C-160, 16 HP.  However, some models had names. It's best to download the list of years and models and see how things have changed over the years.

• Like 1

rmaynard

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

:WRS:

The subject of what the names and numbers mean has generated a lot of conversation on here over the years but it is always interesting to take a fresh look at it. The B/C XX0 numbers were used from '74 to '77 and then they went to B/C XX1 for '78 and '79 follower by the B/C XX5 from '80 to '84. In '85 :wh: went to the 300, 400 500 series which were essentially the same as their predecessors, they just needed to come up with new names to generate a new marketing edge. 

We like to hear your :wh: story and love to see :text-coolphotos:,                                 :wwp:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Confused 1

KC9KAS

@Cetan08 Just when you think you have it figured out, you find something that is the "exception to the rule"!

Just yesterday a fellow was telling me about the Power Kings and their number system...Rear tire size/Engine HP!

• Haha 1

Cetan08

In 1988 a dear friend of mine gave me my first wheelhorse. Don't recall the model but it had an 8 horse motor on it and I gave it to my brother when I went back to live in Oklahoma.

In 2001 I purchased my C-121 hydro from the original owner and have used it for everything under the sun. My Father-in-law and I would drive back roads looking for old It's and ran across an old wheelhorse dealer outside of NewCommerstown, Ohio. Picked up a few Brenley implements from him but he would not sell any GT's. This is where I learned about the brothers and the connection between the Wheelhorse and the Speedex. I fell in love with the GT's and the stories behind them. I have met some wonderful people while being around these machines. I had been having some negative feelings as a result of my military experience and getting involved in restoring these things truly saved me.

I have used a Craftsman for mowing in the past few years but only to save my Wheelhorse.

As some of you may know, I recently picked up a D-160 and just this past weekend I met Diesel Doctor and purchased a 418-8 from him.

I also drove through freezing rain two winter's ago out in the middle of no where to purchase a complete and running Powerking 1612. Although my heart belongs to Wheelhorse, I am fond of the Powerking and the craftsmanship that went into it.

I am very lucky in that my wife was a Lt. In the Marine's and taught small weapons and self defense to women Marine's. She also has a degree in vocational agriculture and she has found several GT's for me and encouraged me to buy them. I have a 30x40 garage and no more room but would never let one go.

20150507_124022.jpg

20150128_133423.jpg

IMG_20180723_135302.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Thank you, and your wife for your service to this beautiful country!  I am glad that you find some peace with tractors, and hope you know this is also a great forum to just talk when there are struggles along the way.  Best of luck to you brother, and enjoy those machines!

• Like 3