Sign in to follow this  
WH854

Daylight Savings time is on

WH854

I notice the time in some members avatar are an hour behind their time zone.

Chas. :thumbs:

past7971

Yeah, but I got an extra hour of MUCH NEEDED "beauty rest"!!!!!

TT

I notice the time in some members avatar are an hour behind their time zone.

It's OK, Chas......

They'll be right again in November. :thumbs:

MaineDad

my watch says it's beer-30!

CasualObserver

Yeah, but I got an extra hour of MUCH NEEDED "beauty rest"!!!!!

Umm... Paul, If you got an extra hour, I hope you weren't too late for any appointments. The rest of us moved the other way and lost an hour! (Even those crazy Indiana people who used to be too good for DST!) :whistle::whistle:

Fall is when you get the "extra" one. :thumbs:

WHC-125

How do you change it?

past7971

Ooooops!!! Losing an hour really explains it then. Owww, now that you actually made me think about it, my head hurts. I better go lie down before I really hurt myself

HarleyMan46929

Yeah, us "Crazy Indiana People who used to be too good for DST" finally had to be drug kicking and screaming into "modern times". It wasn't all bad though, now we have an extra hour in the evenings to play with our kids and our 'Horses! The hard part: last week we were just getting up to take the kids to school and the sun was shining; now, with the time change, it's dark when we get up, and the sun is just about ready to peek over the horizon after they're at school. Personally, I kinda like the idea of having more daylight at the end of the day than the beginning.....and, besides,who has time to work on anything in the mornings before work (unless you're on 2nd shift, possibly 3rd).

I can see where it could make a difference for "first shifters", but if you adjust your bed-time back an hour (i.e.: if it was 10pm, now it needs to be 9pm) so you get the equivalent amount of sleep you got before DST kicked in.

At least, the powers-that-be (and, No! it's not GOD!!-He loves us too much to do such a thing to us!!!) that control this DST-thing now have it so it lasts from March to November. I remember listening to my sister down in Tennessee railing about having to switch time when we up here in Indiana didn't have to...yet!, and she claimed she had barely gotten used to one time than it was time to switch back to another again., At least we only get S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) from November thru March. Winter is long enough anyway, so why not let us have more "usable daylight" when most people can actually get a benefit from it: the months with the best weather (I'm not sure March is such a wise choice for a 'better weather month', but they have to start it sometime, so why NOT March??!!!

Just be thankful the "powers that be" didn't put DST from November thru March!!! Wouldn't that suck??? (Oops!! Hope I didn't give THEM any ideas???)

WH854

You can change it! Go to top of this page,you will see my controls,click on my

controls,next page you will see Menu on left, scroll down to board settings,

click on it you should see a little square box put a cheeck mark in it, go down

to bottom of page it has Changemy account options,click on that and you

should be set. I hope I made my self clear. :whistle:

Chas. :thumbs: