sdhdcouple

starter generator 1267

sdhdcouple

riding along in 2nd gear on my 1267, mowing my weekly duty of 2 1/2 acres, enjoying my 74 degree partly cloudy day.

then i smelled something and raised the hood just in time to see massive amounts of smoke coming from my starter generator.

Crap

Delco and i can't make the number out on the tag.  can someone tell me if this looks correct 110973 7071

thats what i think i see

also anyone got a good one i have an acre left to mow.  lol

thanks

Ric

Edited by sdhdcouple
  • Sad 1

squonk

Could just be bearings. I think they are common 6203's. Is there an auto electric shop near you that could check it? 

• Like 1

pfrederi

:text-yeahthat:

"Manic-Mechanic"

Hello,

I think i have one ,  generator has a nick on the terminal, otherwise functioned fine.Send pm if interested. Oh, and it's free, if ya need it, pay the shipping.

Oldman

100_1514.JPG

Edited by oldman
  • Like 2

wheelhorseman

2DEAA5AA-C542-4631-ADB2-02CB2F711747.png

• Excellent 2

sdhdcouple

thanks, guys.

I give it try to put new bearings and brushes in it,  what the heck i can't break it any further.  and a new one is $260 so what the heck.

neck i have to put axle seals in it.  

• Like 1

sdhdcouple

Well every one, it lives again.

I would like to thanks wheelhoresman.  I bought the exact item you took your time to copy and paste for me and she lives again.

I got the item yesterday i believe, took the generator of and took it apart cleaned it all up, put the new parts in and she started right off and mowed her 2 1/2 acres.

51 years and counted 

and thanks oldman for offering up one if i couldn't fix mine.  I know i am not on here a lot because of my job, but all you guys are great every time i have a question you guys are here

And it was the bearing close to the pully it gave out.  seized to the shaft.  I had to cut it of real careful like with the drimmel. a little emery cloth on the shaft and the new bearings went right on.  Judging by the looks of it those were the factory parts.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Russell Aretz

Are you sure your wires didn't get tangled on your regular? Smoke like! The old voltage regulators

sdhdcouple

i am positive, when i took it apart the bearing had seized to the shaft.  the bearing had got so hot it burned the grease and the rubber part of the bearing.  lucky it was the front seal ( by the pulley) it sits in it's own little housing.  didn't burn anything else 

• Excellent 1