farmer

Manure spreader

pullstart

So, the 512D... is it really a 12 hp engine that’s smaller than say a 12 Kohler, or do you suppose it’s pushing more ponies?  Torque, I know is a totally different topic.  I’m wondering what I could get by with to haul a spreader similar to that one, if i came across a supply of poop to toss around...  I guess I could hitch up to the Allis Chalmers if I had to.

• Like 1

Sarge

Generally, a 12hp IDI diesel will pull just as hard as a 16-18hp single cylinder gas engine - and then some.

Sarge

• Like 4

peter lena

https://www.lubriplate.com/Products/Specialty-Lubricants/Chain-Cable-Fluid-Chain-Cable-Heavy.html  hello farmer, love that diesel power !  thinking about the spreader, the bed chain and ratchet pawl , need something made for that , lubriplate cable and chain spray was made for that. once it gets into chain links and mechanisms ,you will notice a smoother easier operation, on equipment. thank you for sharing your horse , across the pond , pete  

• Thanks 1

ol550

Nice turd hearse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

farmer

The 512D is a bit of a strange one, it’s basically a 312-8  with a 8 1/2 hp diesel. Because I own both tractors and have done the same jobs with each of them I can testify that the 512D just shades the 312 (magnum)

That 8 1/2 hp  Robin feels about 14 hp, great fuel economy but noisy.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

meadowfield

what a great bit of kit... plus you can load it without getting your hands dirty...

• Like 1