bgh5469

wheel horse fan attachment??

bgh5469

Guys,

My aunt and uncle are going through my grandfathers old stuff and found this fan that they think was part of his wheel horse stuff.  My grandfather is who originally got me into wheel horse tractors. I am debating if i should pay to have shipped to me.  As far as i know it does not have any wheel horse marking on it.

Did wheel horse make a fan attachment?

Thanks

15484.jpeg

15550.jpeg

• Like 1

lynnmor

What model tractor did he have?  Maybe the bolt pattern would help find where that bracket was attached.

953 nut

I have never seen such a fan listed in any :wh: sales literature but the were a rather common '50s & '60s automotive aftermarket fixture and could easily  be mounted on a garden tractor too.

"D"- Man

IMG_20160419_224558085.thumb.jpg.7c9da6b96c37da28081cfce919e47907.jpgIMG_20160724_122958654.thumb.jpg.9443cb50129680c41b9d0ba9763cefde.jpgThat is from a "D" series, like a D-200 it helped cool the hydro lines/fluid and would have had a thermocoupled switch in series with the wiring These mount at the back above the transaxle.

IMG_20150620_123131.thumb.jpg.205f68fd790d90f976de8a66cce59d3f.jpg

Edited by "D"- Man
  • Like 4

gwest_ca

Came out in 1979 but fit the older D-Series models. Click on the picture.

Garry

• Like 3

pfrederi

It will NOT fit your D series if you have the comfort ride seat and rear PTO....

pacer

Yep, my D200 had one on it, wasnt functioning so I just took it off. And my D180 had the comfort seat and there is no way it would fit it.....

"D"- Man
43 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

It will NOT fit your D series if you have the comfort ride seat and rear PTO....

Fred, are you certain it will not fit a D-series, if it has the rear PTO?  The little cut-out in the bracket is for clearance of the shaft.  I will try to find a picture or take one, with the shaft and fan.

• Like 1

bgh5469

Amazing thanks for all the info!!! I have my grandfather's old 1979 D160, I bet he took it off years ago.  Was this an add on for the D's or standard? 

pfrederi
11 hours ago, "D"- Man said:

Fred, are you certain it will not fit a D-series, if it has the rear PTO?  The little cut-out in the bracket is for clearance of the shaft.  I will try to find a picture or take one, with the shaft and fan.

It will fit with a rear PTO but not the Comfort ride seat..  (Should have been more clear.)  The rear PTO and comfort ride combined make rigging up any kind of cooling fan difficult/impossible.  I wound up with  4 inch computer type cooling fan as the best i could squeeze in.

• Like 2