Pullstart

Shop project...

pfrederi

Maybe the shop is taking president's day off....

Edited by pfrederi

Pullstart
Just now, pfrederi said:

Maybe the shop is taking president's day off....

I was wondering, but if I may jump to conclusions, it didn’t seem like they were the type.  It’ll take me a bit to get it pulled, I might hear back before I’m ready to tear it apart.

pfrederi
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

I was wondering, but if I may jump to conclusions, it didn’t seem like they were the type.  It’ll take me a bit to get it pulled, I might hear back before I’m ready to tear it apart.

Or they were nursing hangovers form watching Daytona 500:P

• Haha 1

Pullstart
Just now, pfrederi said:

Or they were nursing hangovers form watching Daytona 500:P

That might sound more like it!  They had a modified in the shop when I went there twice.  The bummer, is most likely I’ll have to drop it off and pick it up on separate days again.  It’s 150 miles each way, or 10 hours driving total.  

Pullstart

This is feeling too awefully familiar...

45B7B81A-F6D8-45FB-8EA3-EE9BF4EF4376.jpeg

• Sad 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

@#&/(+#@$

I don't speak Yankee, how would you say that in Red Neck?                   :ROTF:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I don't speak Yankee, how would you say that in Red Neck?                   :ROTF:

Ya just reverse it.

And ad ayuh or two in there.

:occasion-snowman:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Well, this’ll work, just need to do work to get it in the case!

335456EB-A1C3-4DE0-AFDC-9CDEFE1EE02A.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

And....  WOW!!!!  A WORK SURFACE!!!!

I just need to build one of those fancy transmission holder brackets, and we’ll be in rebuild business!

C6CCAFE2-B364-4983-8CB5-557F29AB7A40.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

Stage 1 of my bench mount is nearing completion.

E1A53BC8-6477-42BC-931D-27F6E8A26967.jpeg

• Like 2

Pullstart

The bench mount is finished, trans is ready for tear down!  That sucker is heavy!  Eric, is Trina available to come help me lift it onto the jack in a few days?  :ROTF:

7CF3B743-86D6-46EB-AFE3-91AF9D03B3F0.jpeg

28C5485F-5404-4B9A-BE62-DAE7CE489DCD.jpeg

0C032260-7CC2-4502-80C2-076CD61FB32A.jpeg

49C99B48-BCA4-4414-99ED-C1DEE6F28AF6.jpeg

2EC6EA16-ECEF-4C22-9969-B42AA98B007D.jpeg

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Eric, is Trina available to come help me lift it onto the jack in a few days?  

Hahahahahahahaha

She's already on the bus bro. She works for ice cream.

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Hahahahahahahaha

She's already on the bus bro. She works for ice cream.

You name the flavor, I’ll milk the cow!

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

You name the flavor, I’ll milk the cow!

Hahahahahahahaha

Pullstart

That’s a hard break!  All my parts are in line, waiting to go back together.

9E90B133-D4A7-49CC-B38D-851ABB40F4C3.jpeg

1D3A64EE-D368-4559-886D-CA68DBAFCF01.jpeg

B7B1E6C0-CE50-48EA-ABBC-786ACDB5A5F4.jpeg

• Like 2

953 nut

The first (and only) automatic transmission I rebuilt I had a 30 foot strip of plastic on the floor and laid all the parts out in the proper order and facing in the correct direction. It was a Chevy 350 Turbo Hydramatic and I am happy to report that everything went together well. I have put over 100K on it and is going strong.                :auto-layrubber:

Hope yours is just as successful.       :handgestures-thumbupright:   

• Like 2

Pullstart

Soon to find out, Richard!  It’s ready for install, once again.

C5FF1C32-7621-43FE-A2B2-9D36CBAD584F.jpeg

46DB8050-B947-4B68-ADAA-A2B37F7BA46D.jpeg

• Excellent 2

Sarge

One of the most effective automatic transmission mounts for rebuilds I've seen yet is a steel 55-gallon barrel. Does two jobs - holds the case firmly and gives a place for all the fluid to go in one unit. One of the rebuild shops I visited had a frame welded on top of a steel drum with different adapter plates to fit different case types -  it worked pretty slick and provided full access to every part needed.

I'd wonder when that shaft let go - did it dump any fragments or filings into the valve body? I know the older 700R4 units were famous for plugging up circuits and contaminating themselves to the point of failure - we swapped out a ton of those in the old diesel shop when I worked there. I got it down to 25 minutes to rip one out after getting the vehicle up on stands - farmers around here could destroy one of those easily in that first generation.

Sarge

• Like 1

Pullstart

Getting somewhere..... again....

5C3EC3E6-341D-4DD9-900E-DB39F68A6D6B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Pullstart

She drives again!

541E6864-B511-47F5-8481-ACADDC890069.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
27 minutes ago, pullstart said:

She drives again!

:woohoo:                                        :auto-layrubber:                                   :happy-jumpeveryone:

:happy-hippy:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

On to fun stuff!  Today’s project: maple syrup machine!  We’ve done it most of the kids’ lives, shy of the last two seasons due to moving, etc.  We’re usually good for about 4 gallons of syrup.  This year, a buddy has 7 acres of maples we plan to sugar off but I sold my last two evaporators preparing for the move.  Now, maple season is knocking on our door and it’s time to get ready.

The fuel oil barrel is a pretty good start of a fire box.  The stainless pan in the background will be baffled instead of doing the poor man’s buffet steam pan transfer method.  Hopefully we will over double our 4 gallon marks of the past, so my buddy and I can split the tastiness.

2C2E8A8F-C110-4CBC-82E0-EC412DFC1C5E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
19 hours ago, pullstart said:

She drives again!

541E6864-B511-47F5-8481-ACADDC890069.jpeg

Well done sir!!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Some rough cut updates on the maple syrup machine:

9131D612-0FB4-47F4-9EB3-D48BA42A4957.jpeg