Pullstart

Shop project...

WVHillbilly520H
25 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Check balls?  Not that... they are in the transmission silly! 

Oh really :ROTF: I hate when I lose my check balls... Sorry had too, and the nemesis of a lot of slushbox rebuilds.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Haha 6

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Oh really :ROTF:

sorry, they are one word.  Checkballs.

6C2510DB-3975-4453-AA9F-C4A5D061AEF4.jpeg

• Haha 6

WVHillbilly520H

Yeah spelling will get you all the time, had that happen a couple times I dropped the pan for a filter change then decided to do a shiftkit out with the valve body and separator plates oh no where did those dang balls go I need them :hide:

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Handy Don
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

um.... too late.  I wanted to double check a couple things in the pan.  Boost valve?  Yep it’s put together correct, c-clip in place!  Check balls?  Not that... they are in the transmission silly!  Well, I’m verifying placement as we think.

950A75B7-2D89-4EB1-B760-94E9882AE612.jpeg

This case will be easy to solve, his prints are all over it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

squonk

Did you try calling the dude at Precision Transmission? Tons of videos on the tube. I'm wondering if you may have a torn clutch piston seal.

Pullstart
46 minutes ago, squonk said:

Did you try calling the dude at Precision Transmission? Tons of videos on the tube. I'm wondering if you may have a torn clutch piston seal.

Took a break to eat a burger and fries... inside a restaurant!  :happy-bouncyred::banana-linedance:

I am going out to test air pressure to each clutch pack to listen for air leaks internally.  I don’t believe I pulled the reverse piston to begin with.  Then again, I might have and don’t know it.  The instructions for the shift kit are quite vague.  The technicians are on the other hand very informative and helpful!

Pullstart
2 hours ago, squonk said:

I tried some air tests without the valve body.  Everything clutch pack wise checks out.  They should, you can read the printing in the frictions still!

Next step, reassemble and check line pressure.  I have re-used the filter I have twice in the last two weeks.  Time for a new one, tomorrow.

44F4C4B2-81F7-4660-BC88-BC9F62F4D402.jpeg

A9F2255F-7C80-4DAD-8E20-1CB2DB05F253.jpeg

• Like 4

Pullstart

It’s still on the hoist... need to clean some mess... but the tires spin both directions... when I want them to!

• Excellent 6

ebinmaine

Good news!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Good news!

Sure is!  I checked on friends and family for an hour last night, the truck drives better and better as it goes!  I plowed a big long country driveway, a good 8”+ of hard packed junk.  Stuff like that, scraped right down clean, is why it’s the Cadillac!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

SylvanLakeWH

Back in business!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

:clap:

• Thanks 1

Jeff-C175
On 2/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, pullstart said:

Found a missing check ball,

If you found it, then it's not missing!  :ychain::roll:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
20 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

If you found it, then it's not missing!  :ychain::roll:

I found that a checkball (one word) was missing, but I had another blown transmission to beg steal and borrow from.  Sound more correcterer?  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine

Yessirer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

The only thing that bothers me, is the exhaust leak from a broken manifold bolt.  I suppose I’ll have to make the rest of the exhaust louder so I won’t hear the leak!

• Haha 3

Pullstart

C9C5E68F-2C54-4B52-9BDC-AF47D329A4BA.jpeg

6699ABDC-59D0-4B34-A36D-4E95D17760D3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
On 10/5/2018 at 7:49 AM, pullstart said:

Here is the golf cart put back together.  It does look like fun :handgestures-thumbupright:

763418FF-7BA2-4047-AEEB-2315A05346F3.jpeg

E3D361BD-401D-4CB0-A6AC-AC31C00E4337.jpeg

E692B792-8C27-4324-9321-07258308593C.jpeg

64F138F3-FD93-463B-9F75-62EB70B99331.jpeg

Got a phone call the other day.  This guy sold this cart and after a short time of using a side by side, is looking to build another.  I should take delivery of it on Friday for cage work.  Time to pull out the bender and clean up the dies!

• Like 4

Pullstart

I have visual progress on the golf cart cage!

BA0ED107-BA21-4028-AA4B-17DFDCE86186.jpeg

Pullstart

I have the hoops bent, plates cut, one side tacked together.

91BDBF9F-85DE-43E7-99AA-618710AAB2F4.jpeg.e8ff396f8d31e3cd94e8576ee1d5e37a.jpeg

maybe I should build a round tube subframe for the dump box Wheel Horse project...

• Like 2

Pullstart

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

Pullstart

Pullstart

I’m up to date with the build in this one.  The bumper and cage are tacked together.  I’m awaiting approval from the customer before proceeding.

Pullstart

I received confirmation from the owner on the windshield tab dimensions.  We went from finding a windshield and me building the opening according to that, to “do whatever looks good.”  He’ll opt for a blank piece of lexan.  He’s concerned about the budget, but asked if I can whip up some side step / nerf bars if I feel like it.  :confusion-seeingstars:

2BC33FF4-7EE7-4390-9438-965DC8DFCA7E.jpeg

• Excellent 1