Pullstart

Shop project...

Pullstart

Pullstart

• Like 1

Pullstart

• Thanks 1

953 nut

Kevin, where was your "Pit Crew" AKA Jada and Rylee when you were pulling the truck int the shop?   You know we love to see them driving.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

Kevin, where was your "Pit Crew" AKA Jada and Rylee when you were pulling the truck int the shop?   You know we love to see them driving.

Jada just bought herself a small mouse, otherwise known as a hamster.  Her name is Gilbert.  They are so fascinated with that biting creature, they’ve been in sisterly confinement for a week!  

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Cab’s off!  

No wonder the transmission went out, there was no fluid in it!

15513CAF-A67D-4253-8484-7EBDBB0A6F81.jpeg

52FD7AB8-C427-49BA-8F9A-C49CC116627E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

D_Mac

No flip flops? is summer over?

• Haha 4

953 nut

Either kevin fell down and his feet are up in the air while taking the picture or he is kicking back and relaxing!          :soapbox:  No goofing off, get back to work! ! !

52FD7AB8-C427-49BA-8F9A-C49CC116627E.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

I was in my step stool / chair admiring my work Richard :hide:  They’re ain’t no rest for the wicked, I’ll get back to work!  :orcs-whip:

• Haha 1

953 nut
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I’ll get back to work!

You'll need to.   With the "Pit Crew" fixated on a Lab Rat you will have to do the work yourself.              image.jpeg.cb3b6b88b2e83e2f015f29bf0c120c92.jpeg     :hilarious:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

• Like 1

Pullstart

Pullstart

I took a moment to think about a few “while I’m in there” PM items.  The stock GM up pipes from the exhaust manifolds to the turbo Y pipe are known to stress and crack under a constant load (like pulling 12,000 lbs for 4-5 hours straight) so I have ordered new stainless steel heavier gauge pipes with stronger bellows.  For the value of doing it now, I ordered a turbocharger rebuild kit along with an upgraded compressor wheel to move a little more air, reducing exhaust gas temperature overall.  Heat kills theses things, and for the purpose of reducing temps, the money was well worth it as far as PM goes.  Additionally, I tossed a 3” down pipe in the order too.  It’ll help get rid of spent exhaust gas quicker, yet again reducing the EGT’s considerably.  Along with swapping the AirDog lift pump from the donor vehicle, I believe Norman will thank me as soon as we hook up to the trailer!  I miss you, buddy!

• Heart 2

Pullstart

Here is the list of items too.  The boost increase valve will allow a little more air (6-7 psi) without over speeding the turbo, still within a safe parameter.  As a baseline, it is safe to assume that every time you add another barometric pressure (14-ish psi or 1 bar) you effectively double the HP capacity of the engine.  6-7 psi doesn’t sound like much, but I feel like the addition of the air moving abilities added to the engine, it’ll be a total game changer! Stock measures are 300 hp and 520 lb-ft of torque.  If I hit 375/600 or more, it’ll be a big difference and I feel like the extra fuel volume and more air will be make that a fair target!

A5414298-209B-41E2-80C8-E77A8D7EB8C6.jpeg

Edited by pullstart

Tractorhead

Maybe a bigger Oilcooler for Engineoil path will also be an helpful gadget to keep the temps down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Looks great Buddy.

shall i call you „ cleaner“ ‚til now?😎😂

• Haha 1

BHunter

Kev, I’m enjoying the videos. You’re definitely not scared to take on a big job. You have great mechanical skills. Thanks for posting the videos. I just subscribed to your YouTube channel to see me . 

• Thanks 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                  Kevin, that engine looks very clean inside. Looks like the previous owner kept up with oil changes.             :woohoo:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Thanks guys for the comments!  A box of goodies showed up yesterday!

I was preoccupied with my niece, the girls and their school friends and we had a nice steak cookout for dinner!

8F8E4B66-08BA-4D60-9AF7-FEDE45E7BF1A.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Great Work,

so Norm’s „heart transplant“ still becomes to final Status.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart