Blackie

Gas fuel sediment glass bowl

Blackie

I recently acquired a 1958 RJ 58 and need to replace the cork gasket on the glass has bowl. I need help determining the size of gasket I need to replace the old one as it has withered away to next to nothing.

rmaynard

The RJ used a sediment bowl assembly, part #1786. This is a common item and is still available under various manufacturers part numbers. I used the Briggs & Stratton 690612 on my 701. Unless you are trying to keep the RJ totally original, for $12.00 it's a lot simpler to replace the whole bowl assembly than find the correct cork gasket.

:WRS:

• Like 6

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:   :text-goodpost:  :text-+1:

20180616_151238.jpg.d4452f7328e1984711a57d425dfd3915.jpg

• Like 1

pfrederi

Pick a small sheet of cork gasket material at the auto parts store and cut your own.

WHX??

:WRS:

I just got a bunch of replacement rubber ones off ebay for the smaller 1/8 npt ones.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=5+Sediment+Bowl+Gaskets+fits+Briggs+%26+Stratton++%23+692190+68477+kohler+210468S&_id=231992097877&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

Edited by WHX20

squonk

Napa sells the complete set up or all the individual pieces. There are 2 sizes of bowls. Just ask for the smaller one. "Sediment Bowl "is French for " Gas Leak" :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, squonk said:

"Sediment Bowl "is French for " Gas Leak" don't drop the bowl on the garage floor.....

True but they are  kool old skool! :lol: