nnero

Potential 314-H owner, need some help

PeacemakerJack
On 6/30/2018 at 1:29 PM, nnero said:

Hello,

I may be acquiring a 314-h from my neighbor...

...I’m just trying to see what the tractor needs so I can make an offer or leave it. It runs and drives fine once started. I currently have a Cub Cadet 107 but this has quite a bit more stuff on it haha...

Thanks!

Nate

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the best :wh:site on the planet!  I’m “johnny-come-lately” to your thread here but it looks like a like our members are taking care of you already!

Based on the below posts, I’m assuming that you ended up purchasing this tractor from the neighbor.  I have owned the gear drive version of your tractor for several years now and have been very satisfied with it.  I own several Cubs and a Case 224 which I’ve given to my daughter, they are very nice tractors too.  However, it is hard to compare the simplicity of the Wheel Horse design (the late model electrical notwithstanding—check out a late model Cub sometime!).

You made a wise decision on a fine working tractor and I can’t wait to hear a report after you have the bugs worked out and get some serious seat time....

again—welcome on board and be careful, these little tractors have been known to multiply in our garages, sheds, storage areas, and even in our houses!

• Like 1

nnero
1 hour ago, Tractor boy said:

That board must of cost you a pretty penny. 

It wasnt that bad actually haha. I just got done washing it int he pic. Its been repainted but doesnt have any rust, its definitely a lot heavier than the old one. It came of a 520. Once I started adding up what the other deck needed it wasnt worth the money to still have a beat up 42" deck.

cleat

Good looking deck. Love the 48" decks, made much better than the 42".

• Like 2

nnero
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the best :wh:site on the planet!  I’m “johnny-come-lately” to your thread here but it looks like a like our members are taking care of you already!

Based on the below posts, I’m assuming that you ended up purchasing this tractor from the neighbor.  I have owned the gear drive version of your tractor for several years now and have been very satisfied with it.  I own several Cubs and a Case 224 which I’ve given to my daughter, they are very nice tractors too.  However, it is hard to compare the simplicity of the Wheel Horse design (the late model electrical notwithstanding—check out a late model Cub sometime!).

You made a wise decision on a fine working tractor and I can’t wait to hear a report after you have the bugs worked out and get some serious seat time....

again—welcome on board and be careful, these little tractors have been known to multiply in our garages, sheds, storage areas, and even in our houses!

Thank you! Im not giving up on the cub yet but its not gonna be for mowing. Its definitely a thick little beastie. Its got one solid rear end lol. I found that out while changing the hydro pump/rear end gasket this winter. That sucker was heavy! I really like the deck attachment/mule drive set up on the wheel horses.

• Like 1

johnnymag3

The boards are not too pricey,I was able to get a new OEM unit for 55.00 for the 418 A Tractor about 5 years ago.

John

• Thanks 1

nnero

What are the initial carb settings with the walbro carb? I can’t seem to get it quite right. Especially on the high side. Also the throttle lever won’t stay at full throttle it goes down to about 3/4 on its own. I removed carb and cleaned bowl and jets. Didn’t see anything corrosion or anything like that inside. Thanks

nnero

Also I just noticed some play on the throttle shaft where it comes out of the top of the carb. Is there supposed to be a plastic bushing or something to keep that from happening?

Just found a manual on the resource section of this site. I’ll try some more tomorrow. 

Edited by nnero