Pullstart

Key switch source?

Pullstart

Hey y'all, I'm looking for a key switch for my points ignition...  I picked one up in the electrical section at Napa but it's too long to fit behind the dash.  The one I have has an MIA key... since about day 2 of owning it.  I always just push the points button to kill it, but it sure would be nice to use a key again!  Any suggestions or part numbers to look for?

953 nut

If it is a regular garden tractor ignition switch you can buy a key at Tractor Supply or even Walmart. 103990 is the standard 5 post ignition switch used by :wh: with battery ignition and solenoid.

• Like 1

Pullstart

@953 nut This is pull start points ignition with no battery/solenoid.  Now I'm not saying that won't work, but ideally I need a 2 post switch, and when it's "off" there is continuity to ground out the points... and when it's "on" it is an open loop... right?  But I'll definitely bring my switch to TSC and see if they have a key to fit!

Pullstart

I have found a few part numbers browsing the manuals and electrical section, now I'm looking for a possibility of:

part numbers 

I suppose I could go the easier route and use a push button to kill it??

Achto

Is this the key that you need? If it is they are available at TSC, WalMart, & most hardware stores.

key.png.1bd64b442a641a263ad29339479cec4d.png

If you choose to install a new key switch you will need to look for one that has a " M " terminal on it instead of an " I " terminal. 

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2

Pullstart

That's not quite the same one.  The Napa key fit into my tumbler, but wouldn't turn it.  It looked more automotive/aftermarket car type than tractor type.  I'll worry about that later I suppose, gotta get the thing put together and fired up first!

• Like 1