ebinmaine

Would someone be so kind as to identify the tractor tag in the picture?

ebinmaine

IMG_20180611_192811766.jpg.3f85e283215bc18b1a84f21125d2f9cd.jpg

rmaynard

1976 C-160 8-speed

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

1976 C-160 8-speed

Thank you Bob!

gwest_ca

If you have this tag would you mind typing out the numbers. Can't read them all.

Click on the picture. Entered what I think I see.

Garry

• Thanks 1

Sparky

61-16K801 1976 C Series Garden Tractor C-160 8-Speed Kohler K341S-71128A 16.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• F. Marra 17
      By F. Marra 17
      I have a late 80's 414-8. my transmission has a slow oil leak. it leaks slow so its hard to see where it is coming from. i get a small puddle/stain on the floor center under the trans after a few days of non-use.  is there a usual problem area that leaks? or is there anyone in the NJ area that can be recommended to repair the trans? I am sure due to its age that gaskets or seals may be shot.  the tractor sat for 10+ years at my office on a shelf.  It has ran well the past 3 years for me.  I would like to fix this leak if possible.  Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU,

Frank
    • ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      A HUGE thank you to Tony @Docwheelhorse for settin' me up here.

The generosity of some of our members never ceases to amaze me.

This here is another 1974 C160, but with the rare Tecumseh HH/OH160 OHV engine. Made one year only.

It's rough. Very much in need of a full disassembly and restoration.

When it came here it was missing one tie rod and the other was broken off one end.
      Today I popped used tie rods on and Trina used her 867 to drag it from the drive to the shed.

The engine wouldn't move.
      Tin was near chock full of skeletal mouseseses and their house.
      Cleaned that out and the engine spins freely now.

So progress has been made.

It'll be a good long while before we get to this one but I just couldn't turn it down considering the rarity.

• Brian33
      By Brian33
      Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help my. I recently acquired a c160 for the engine for another tractor. So I did a motor swap and wanted to see what the hydro was like. I put a plow on it C-160 (which now has a 12hp engine on it). I did a quick test run and everything was good. I drained the fluid and change the filter (Napa 1410 filter and sae 30 transmission fluid as it stated to only use this fluid on the tractor.) everything was working great after the fluid change. I plowed two driveways and the sidewalks near my house... all the sudden the tractor would not go forwards or in reverse. I tried to pick the plow up and nothing... I checked my drive belt it was turning like it should. I started to push the tractor and the rear was engaged so it would not move. Of course I was 400’ from my driveway and the plow was down which made it fun. I put the tractor in forward and started to push it and the thing took off. So I hopped on and took it to the front of the garage. I put it in revers and it cut out again so I pushed it in the garage. Today I went out to check the tow valve. I took it out and cleaned the threads up put it back in and it did not change anything. According to the dipstick I have the proper amount of fluid in it. I did have a drip that I fixed on the cylinder still nothing... does anyone out there have any tips to help me out? I’ve never had a transmission like this only manual transmissions. The model of this transmission is the sundstrand 90-1140.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

• ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      I don't have pictures yet but I can get some later. I know that will be helpful but I forgot to take them last night.

So here's what I know.
      When I bought my c-160 last year it came with a plow. It was delivered to my house and the plow was not mounted on it. I never saw this particular plow on that particular tractor.
      The plow I have is 42 inches wide and has a full frame as most of them do.
      The angle lever has the Z shape to it, NOT a straight stick of metal, and also bends slightly back towards the operator.

When I am pulling the angle lever towards me to change the angle of the plow it contacts the brake lever.

Any thoughts?

• ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      I have at least 7 hubs on different tractors that I would like to add a second set screw to.

I have an older but good quality floor model drill press.
      I have the tap set.
      I don't recall ever using the tap set to do anything other than clean out threads. Not make my own thread set.

Can anybody give any particular advice?