AndyK149

new member in PA

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti:  to the house of Wheel Horse 

AndyK149

I went to mow last night and things didn't go great!

- Got on my Husky (primary mower) and noticed the blades didn't come on smoothly.  I hadn't greased the spindles in about so I went for my grease gun.

- Grease gun was empty so I went to put in a new tube

- Back of the grease gun metal ripped out (another Harbor Freight delight) so no greasing

- Decided I will mow with the Wheel Horse, it will just take a lot longer.

- Started mowing with the Wheel Horse, 30 mins later, tractor shuts off. (investigation points to fuel pump)

- Came inside to declare defeat and wife says the A/C upstairs isn't working

Both mowers down, yard mowed about 30%, hot.

Momma said there would be days like these!

• Like 2

AndyK149

WH fixed.  I got a replacement pump on ebay.  It looks like I was replacing a non-oem pump since it was also plastic.  So maybe this is pump #3 for the tractor?  We are back in business.

Got a new grease gun which works really well.  My old one always seemed to suck air in from places and need to be bled.  The grease actually had nothing to do with the issue on my Husky though.  The blade belt had jumped off and was stuck under the spindle.  

Both tractors are back in business and greased

A/C seems to be a write off, so that one is going to sting.

AndyK149

Today I replaced the transmission pulley with a 4.5":after struggling with the too-slow-two and too-fast-three gearing for decades.  It was raining hard today so I only did a quick run up and down the driveway, but my intial impression is that two will make a very nice mowing speed.  3 will be way too fast but good for moving from A to B.  One is actually a little usable now too.

IMG_0308.jpeg

• Like 2

jay bee

I'm assuming you had to change belt size.  What did you change to?

AndyK149

I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRDLTI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure if it will stretch at all, but if it doesn't, I would want one an inch longer.  I mowed with it yesterday, I like the speed change.  Really makes a guy wish he had a hyrdro, but this is a better combination FOR ME than the OEM ratio.  

• Like 1