Stepney

Electro 12 engine question

Stepney

Hello, all. After many years, my old '68 Electro 12 is finally coming out of the shed to start restoration. It has a 12hp K301, naturally. The engine is in very poor shape. The tractor is also missing various bits. I intend to restore it for work in the future. For now, it'd just be running a 42"rd deck. Maybe some day, a snow blower. 
I have a chance to get a parts tractor (That is, sadly, in great shape). It's a C-160 8 speed. Regardless, I'd be going through the engine. I've had 14's and 10's before, but never a 16hp. I was wondering, since the machine is quite a distance from me, if my electric clutch from the 12 would fit the 16hp? Seems it would be a nice increase in power. 

• Like 1

pfrederi

I put a a 16hp K341 into an electro12.  I switched it to a manual PTO only because I do not like electric PTOs running snowblowers.  I like to feather the PTO to start it up the electric is a bit violent for my liking.  But the electric will fit.  My Electro 16 will throw some snow!!!

IMG_0063 (3).JPG

IMG_0062 (2).JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Stepney said:

Hello, all. After many years, my old '68 Electro 12 is finally coming out of the shed to start restoration. It has a 12hp K301, naturally. The engine is in very poor shape. The tractor is also missing various bits. I intend to restore it for work in the future. For now, it'd just be running a 42"rd deck. Maybe some day, a snow blower. 
I have a chance to get a parts tractor (That is, sadly, in great shape). It's a C-160 8 speed. Regardless, I'd be going through the engine. I've had 14's and 10's before, but never a 16hp. I was wondering, since the machine is quite a distance from me, if my electric clutch from the 12 would fit the 16hp? Seems it would be a nice increase in power. 

It would be a shame to dismantle a C-160 for lots of reasons but especially since they're quite rare here in Maine.

Everyone has their more desirable models and that one is Very high on many folks lists.

Perhaps you could use a more common model or one that isn't in as good of condition but runs well.

(I may be able to help you out there)

That said... You'd like the power difference.

If you're going to sell the C-160 chassis or other parts please keep me in mind.

I live 1/2 hour from you and I might very well be interested.

Thanks!!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2