Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Duke's 701 Rebuild & Restoration

Wheel-N-It

I know thats gonna be another nice one when you finish Duke :)

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys :handgestures-thumbupright: Well today I filled the tranny full of kerosene and made a drive coupling that hooked to a 1/2 drill. I flushed it twice and will flush again tomorrow here is a video of what I did today.

Cheers :beer: ~Duke

Ken B

After steam cleaning my rusty 702, I found some of that yellow primer too.

Yeah thats interesting yers does have some Ole Yeller on there but strange its not everywhere like mine was, all over engine carb, you name it it was there. :scratchead:

I completely restored an RJ 58 a few yrs. back and like others have said, there was yellow paint under the red paint and it was everywhere! In my case it had to have left the factory with that yellow on there. Yup, its a head scratcher.

Duff

Hey Duke, any chance of borrowing or renting that drive coupler for a week or two?

Duff :thumbs:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Hey Duke, any chance of borrowing or renting that drive coupler for a week or two?

Duff :thumbs:

Duff yer welcome anytime!! :handgestures-thumbupright: I bet I could even make ya one :eusa-whistle: When I was talkin to my favorite Dinasour He came up with the Kerosene Idea on washin out the goop but says need to run it. I was thinking about tieing up the front end of the 701 and drag the dang thing around the block :eek: with the chucker, glad i didnt have to. :eusa-whistle:

~Duke