Bill Sherman

417-8 choke cable

Bill Sherman

I have a 1986 417-8.  The choke cable is not only stripped where the palnut threads on, the other end has been butchered.  The parts manual lists two different numbers for the choke cable.  Does anybody know the difference and how can I tell which one I need.  Thank you very much.

gwest_ca

I think the choke cable is 110712 but can't prove it. It is also no longer available from Toro.

If you look at the engines listed in that parts list they are all single cylinder models except the 417 and the 420-LSE.

Does anyone have an original parts list for the 1985-1988 300-Series tractors? That is the only way we will know for sure. The other choke cable is 110713.

Garry

• Like 1

Bill Sherman

I think you're right.  I found a choke cable on eBay and the part number is 110712.  From the picture I believe it will work.  Like I said, the one I have has been molested beyond recognition.  Thank you very much for your time.

Bill

midpack

I just replaced the one on my 417-8... with a 312 that i shortened and bent the end on. lol

looks good, works great!

I got a generic one off eBay that I used on a different project..I wouldn't hesitate to get another

• Like 1

tunahead72
On May 14, 2018 at 8:52 PM, gwest_ca said:

I think the choke cable is 110712 but can't prove it. It is also no longer available from Toro.

If you look at the engines listed in that parts list they are all single cylinder models except the 417 and the 420-LSE.

Does anyone have an original parts list for the 1985-1988 300-Series tractors? That is the only way we will know for sure. The other choke cable is 110713.

Garry

I do. It's 810405R1 for the 1986 models. I thought I sent that to you a long time ago, but maybe not. I'm having internet problems now, so uploading it is out of the question for now, maybe some other time.

At any rate, the 110712 choke cable is correct for the 308, 417's and 420. The 110713 fits the 310, 312's, 414 and 416.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

gwest_ca
6 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

I do. It's 810405R1 for the 1986 models. I thought I sent that to you a long time ago, but maybe not. I'm having internet problems now, so uploading it is out of the question for now, maybe some other time.

At any rate, the 110712 choke cable is correct for the 308, 417's and 420. The 110713 fits the 310, 312's, 414 and 416.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the confirmation.

A copy would be appreciated. It would surely eliminate a lot of confusion.

Garry

tunahead72

Understood completely, I use this thing A LOT. I can't make any promises, but I'll see what I can do to scan it soon. It's a large document, about 100 pages, so please be patient.

Garry, if I could scan and save it in sections, would you be able to combine them all into one document for this forum?

Another option... I'd be willing to lend my copy to somebody with a faster scanner, but I'd want it back in a reasonable length of time in the same condition I sent it. A few weeks would be fine.

Bill Sherman

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that manual myself if there's any way possible.

Bill

tunahead72

I started scanning my copy of the manual this afternoon.

Garry, I'll send you a PM to see what we can do to make this happen.

• Excellent 1

wallfish
32 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

I started scanning my copy of the manual this afternoon.

If you use a smart phone, not a flip, there's an app called CamScanner and it works great. Fast, easy and simple to use plus it's free, there are some "in App" purchases, those are bells and whistles, the free version will quickly "scan" documents and you can email them. It basically takes a pic but clears out all other pixels besides the document, puts it in focus and sets it flat if it wasn't to begin with.

There are other apps which will do the same thing but CS is just the one I use. Icon is a white CS with black background and a green line under the black :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1