dells68

What is this? 701? 702?

dells68

Bought this little gem at the show last year for a great price.  It seems to have a lot of 701 DNA, with some 702 mixed in.  @oldredrider, @limited12, and I think its a 701 with another k161 and 702 hood.  It has the 701 frame, belt guard, rear fender braces, and even a piece of the original dash behind the gauge.  The mystery for me lies in the hood paint.  The tin work doesn't appear to have been painted and wears its original paint.  The hood matches the belt guard, frame, hood, and fenders.  So, is this a 701 that had its hood replaced early in its life, a very early 702 that used the last of the 701 parts, or what? Its obvious that the engine has been replaced, but it does run really well.  My plans are to clean it up good, clear coat to preserve the patina, and paint the rims white.  I do have the original style turfs, but prefer the lug tires.

IMG_4950.JPG

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7593.JPG

IMG_7594.JPG

IMG_7596.JPG

IMG_7595.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Shynon

Looks like a 701 to me with a replacement hood, and double pulley and belt guard missing, even has on original front tire on the right side.

• Like 3

WHX??

I agree with Tom. Please tell us you have the other HL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Thanks.  I do have the other light and an original switch.  I actually made the stand or pipe portion and got the lights from Ron Greco.  I also have a nos muffler for it to redirect the beat away from the light on that side.  I got it for $250 and feel like I did pretty well.  I started looking for an original hood, but what are the chances of finding one with original paint that would match?!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Shynon
9 minutes ago, WHX16 said:

I agree with Tom. Please tell us you have the other HL. 

unfortunately it looks like a home made bar:no:

• Haha 1

dells68
5 minutes ago, Shynon said:

unfortunately it looks like a home made bar:no:

Yup that's my handiwork.  Ain't you proud:ROTF:!  Ron had just sold his last complete set when I finally made up my mind to purchase.  He had an extra set of lights and switch that he let me have for a good price.  I was must happy to bend the tube without kinking it!

• Like 2

Chris G

I agree. Looks like a 701 with a 702 hood and possibly a engine swap / atleast pulleys were swapped. 

• Like 1