Nathanielperz

Wisconsin Diesel

Nathanielperz

This'll be my first post in a while but I picked up a Wisconsin 2 cylinder diesel engine about a year ago and I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of them. Most people I talk to about it I usually get "I never knew Wisconsin made diesels" so I guess they're pretty rare. I'm currently looking for gaskets for it. Im also looking for ideas from all of you guys about how I could convert the 1276 to a transmission with a driveshaft rather than a belt. I'd also need to reroute my steering mechanism.

Looking forward to hearing you guys' solutions and ideas!

thanks, Nate

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

• Like 2

pfrederi

Wow 20 hp and torque to die for.  Might be easier to put this baby on D series...May destroy the pump coupling however....

http://classic-engines.com/engines-2/wisconsin/2/

Nathanielperz

I think I was leaning more towards a Cub Cadet transaxle. Gear driven, driveshaft, and it has a granny gear so it'd pull like a champ. I'd really like to stay away from hydrostatic because like you said it might destroy the pump coupling.

Unfortunately however, I haven't been able to find any parts for this engine. All it really need is a gasket set which i could probably make but some of them are really oddly shaped.

Thanks, Nate

WVHillbilly520H

Xi series Eaton 1100 2 speed hi/lo hydro, that did come powered by 3 cylinder 23-26 HP diesel engine and shaft driven there it still has :wh: DNA, Jeff.

• Excellent 1

shallowwatersailor

These were imported by Wisconsin and were actually made by Ducati of motorcycle fame. Try Davlin Services in Pompano Beach, FL for parts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nathanielperz

Awesome! Thank you I will check these out!

-Nate

stratostar250

However you plan to do this, will be tough, but the only other thing I could recommend if you want to use the original transmission is using a bevel gear box to re route the power like some early sears/murray tractors, or some simplicity's? I think?  they work on a 90 degree angle, and you could shaft one side to the motor, and then the output of the bevel gearbox can have a pulley with a small belt to the transmission.  I have a JC Penney garden tractor that uses one, because it has a vert shaft motor, but a horizontal shaft style peerless trans.

jcp3.thumb.jpg.78ade9d21f4346466ddec867a8f2c230.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
On 3/20/2018 at 6:48 PM, stratostar250 said:

However you plan to do this, will be tough, but the only other thing I could recommend if you want to use the original transmission is using a bevel gear box to re route the power like some early sears/murray tractors, or some simplicity's? I think?  they work on a 90 degree angle, and you could shaft one side to the motor, and then the output of the bevel gearbox can have a pulley with a small belt to the transmission.  I have a JC Penney garden tractor that uses one, because it has a vert shaft motor, but a horizontal shaft style peerless trans.

jcp3.thumb.jpg.78ade9d21f4346466ddec867a8f2c230.jpg

Sounds like an interesting little operation. You should post some pics of that in other brands sometime or another. It would be cool to see.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:22 PM, Nathanielperz said:

Awesome! Thank you I will check these out!

-Nate

Nate, if you do a build on this machine, please keep us posted. Maybe start another thread or just continue this one.

Edited by ebinmaine

Dakota8338
On 3/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, Nathanielperz said:

All it really need is a gasket set which i could probably make but some of them are really oddly shaped.

Thanks, Nate

You can pressure stamp or indent your gasket material in the shape of the gasket needed, then cutting out the gasket is much simpler.  A set of gasket punches for cutting the holes where the bolts or indexing plugs are located really speeds up making your own gaskets.

Good luck with your rebuild.

• Like 1