Ed Kennell

Another What Is It ?

Ed Kennell

OK, I know it's an open end wrench, but I'm sure it has a specific use.     Flywheel nut,  crankshaft lock,  ????  5aa724a9162a1_IMG_0001(1).JPG.9e6817455e97a32c2b631256eeaca722.JPG

5aa7249f36c62_IMG_0003(1).JPG.6181894347810b068c8badd2b24ecc4f.JPG5aa724af9ed10_IMG_0002(1).JPG.74f49f1e607265fcff56a13d5dd8fd54.JPG

953 nut

Fits the hex fitting on the mower spindles, can't remember the year but some had that big hex.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

I have no clue so I'll go the other way on this ...meant to be tacked on to a shift lever for a custom  rat rod???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Ed Kennell

OK, now we know what it was designed to be used for and what it could also be used for.

Now, how rare is this wrench?

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Never seen one so in my case extremely rare. Where did you find it ?

• Like 1

dcrage

Isn’t that one of the ‘thin’ Wheel Horse wrenches especially designed/made to fit the nut above the blades on decks like the late 80s early 90s 42” SD? For removing these blades for sharpening, etc. 

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Racinbob

They aren't too rare. Several are listed on Ebay and I know of a member here that had several for sale. Definitely handy but really not much of a wrench with the skinny handle. I had one before the Florida move but opted to mill down the open end of a combination wrench to do the job now. :)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

The wrench was given to me by my neighbor yesterday.  He purchased it at an auction on Saturday.   

Guess I better go plow his driveway this morning.    We got about 4" last night.

Thanks for all the info.

• Like 1

clueless

Ebay, $20.00 - 40.00. Got one, keep it in the truck tool box, use it to change the hitch ball.

• Like 1