I built a battery tray to raise the battery up 3" or so, because it would not fit with this engine in front of the steering shaft.  I re-wired everything about 90% & cleaned it all up, snap  a pic tomorrow of the final setup... 

IMG_7186.JPG

• Like 3

ok ok so i finally go it to run ..... the fuel pump did not work out, i rebuilt it and the fuel intake was rigged up by previous owner and fell apart, so I found a fitting and just hooked up the fuel line to the carb, got the fuel to fill the bowl.

I did do a minor cleaning of the carb but not extensive when i had it off.

so this is what i have now, running with a surge..... I think i still have a carb problem & it needs to be cleaned more or fully rebuilt/replaced.?

[youtube]

[/youtube]

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

So i finally got it to run long enough to drive it out of the garage & it is running ok.... The trans grinds going into gear and the carb still is not 100% correct, it is really funky and sometimes needs to run with a choke.

IMG_1150.JPG

• Like 1

Well I took it for another ride today and I noticed some white smoke coming out of the carb, then the motor stopped.  I just changed the oil, but it appears the motor is locked up, I can barley turn the flywheel with a breaker bar now.   So looks like im gonna pull it & I have a 17hp OHV briggs sitting around I want to put in it.   I think I'll make a clock out of the engine cover & take the motor apart for fun to see what happened but im guessing the rings are no good.

8 minutes ago, mrshaft696 said:

I think I'll make a clock out of the engine cover

:handgestures-thumbupright:                Some times you are better off giving up on the old engine, this sounds like one of those times!

9 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:handgestures-thumbupright:                Some times you are better off giving up on the old engine, this sounds like one of those times!

yeah it sucks I was hoping to keep this one all original but this is not one of those times.

• Like 1

you definitely gave it the senior try!   

Good luck on the repower! 

17hp...that should boogie!   :auto-layrubber:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A vertical v twin would look neat poking out of each side. Plenty of power too. Looks like a good deal for $50 :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

A vertical v twin would look neat poking out of each side. Plenty of power too. Looks like a good deal for $50 :handgestures-thumbupright:

yeah I have a 18hp opposed I wanted to put in, but the air cleaner/exhaust would not clear the hood...... A v-twin motor might work, I just have the OHV sitting around. 

ps I hate Tecumseh engines.

Edited by mrshaft696
  • Like 3

Gonna have some issues with the exhaust, that is a 17horse OHV motor., I want to run it out the side like the other tractors I think....

Put some 23" tires on yesterday...

all the wheel horses....

img_7510.jpg

• Like 1