Yooper

Electric Starter

Yooper

I blew my electric starter.  1971 Snowblower.  My mechanic can't find a starter.  Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Dan693

You might try posting the model and serial # on here. I bet someone can give you advise and possibly even a source for a new starter.

It's best, if possible, to take a clear pic of the engine model plate and post it.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

There are many Chinese knockoff starters on eBay  you could also take it to an automotive shop that rebuilds starters and alternators. But be careful going that rout and get a good cost estimate up front

• Like 1

WHX??

As Dan mentioned put up a model # and some pics. Chance are good that's a Tecumseh so used starters should be a plenty.  

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:           Lots of good helpful folks here, but it is always best to give as much information as possible because :wh: changed engines and other items from time to time. Engine make, model number and spec. number would help a great deal.

wfrpalm
3 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

take it to an automotive shop that rebuilds starters and alternators.

That is the way I would go.

Achto
9 hours ago, Yooper said:

I blew my electric starter.  1971 Snowblower.  My mechanic can't find a starter.  Any thoughts?

I'm not sure how far you wish to drive. Try calling Martin Rebuilding Company in Wautoma. He does quality work at a fair price. I take all my starters & alternators to him.

• Like 2

WHX??

You holding out on me here Dan I never heard of the guy?? Does he do rewinds? 

What you might have Yoops is a trail blazer in either a 5 or 7.5 Tecky motor.... nice blowers that werel built to last ....maybe explains why you are lookin for a starter for one.