DarrenDaugherty

PLOW? SNOW BLOWER?

DarrenDaugherty

Just snaged this 257 for $150 seeing what plow/ parts i need for it, got an older wheelhorse that has the quick attach i dont see one here , but then again i dont know to much about them 

257.JPG

• Like 1

doc724

that tractor is a lawn tractor and best suited for cutting grass.  If you try to use it for any heavy duty work (like moving snow) you will break something.  Just my opinion.  There are a few RS members who have these units.  Maybe they will chime in with their experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DarrenDaugherty

thanks ive heard some bad reviews on the hydrostatic i was questioning it myself 

BOB ELLISON

These are light duty lawn mowers.

I have seen snow blowers for these for sale just today and I've seen them on this type tractor. But there not heavy duty and as Doc724 said there better for cutting grass. If you want to push snow get a B,C,300,400 OR 500 series tractor. 

These are heavy duty and we'll able to do any job.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

It seems to be the best of the 200 series to own.

• Like 1

Rideawaysenior

It'll plow and blow snow just fine. The trans is a lighter duty than the 300, 400 series. These were designed as yard tractors, a step down from garden tractors. In the early 1980s Wheel Horse had 200 series lawn tractors with the cast aluminum peerless rearends that accepted tiller attachments. 

Like the previous posters mentioned, it's a light duty machine. Don't expect to push tons of gravel and stone but light snow should be no problem. Biggest thing with a hydro is allowing it to warm up before use.  

The 250 series uses an Eaton 7 hydro which is used in the 516-H, 518-H and some 312-A and 314-A models coupled to a Peerless 1300 cast aluminum housing. These are pretty reputable final drives compared to the ones used on the 200 series however not recommended for heavy ground engaging work. 

Edited by Rideawaysenior

squonk

Horse Hockey! I had a 210 H that mowed , plowed snow, moved gravel, ran a snowblower and pulled down trees. Had it go 20 years. Hardly ever an issue.