Big_Red_Fred

417-8

Darb1964
On 2/5/2018 at 7:45 PM, ericj said:

@Big_Red_Fred, i have a 417-8 with electric lift option, this is my personal opinion I would take an onan anytime over a KT17, not sure if mine is running correctly or not but it just never seemed to run as good or have the power that a P216 onan has. My 417 was bought new by my dad so I will never sell it if I can help it. I didn't care for it right from the get go for some reason.. Maybe if I could get ti running better it might make me like it better. Right now it sits in the back of the shed to be a someday project. I know that this is going to draw some flack, but my opinion and a dollar bill will buy you a cup of coffee  :hide:

eric j

I love the onan myself, hard to beat a good running onan. I have a 418-8 with1500 hours on it. I like the 418 but my 520s and 518s are in my opinion and experience with both, more powerful. That being said I would not hesitate to buy a17 or another 18.  

Then again I haven't been hesitant to buy any wheel horses period.

• Like 1

123GO

I only had one Onan engine (generator) for yrs and it ran so nice & smooth.  

But I needed parts 2yrs ago and got sticker shock so I temp fixed it & sold it while it was still running.

Their over priced & scarcely sourced  parts today only makes me happy all I have are Kohler Wheel Horses these days.

I had noticed more & more Onan tractors for sale these days but I didnt know why? I almost bought one a few yrs ago but already had 2 horses parked outside and hated it. 

But' now I know why Im seeing them.  I love that Kohler parts are everywhere & dirt cheap too, but of course I am a tight arse..lol