Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

BAD FEELING IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACH!

illinilefttackle

:thumbs: Talk about scared-We had another round of 8-10 inches of snow overnite & saturday (still coming down)-So I got some more seat time plowing snow. For the first time ever-my tractor didn't want to go in reverse-not always-just sometimes-then it came right out of it and moved briskly. I've been reading all these posts about Hydro problems, so I jumped to the gun, thinking I had a Hydro prob too. I always check all the fluids before I startup-so I knew it was full.

So. what the heck? I then calmed down and tried to get it to do it again-I DID!-You know what it was? I was backing up over very high snow (above the axles) and the HYDRO fan was flipping snow all around the pulleys and belts to the HYDRO. Wet belts, pulleys= slippage-no HYDRO drive. Man! was I relieved-I have plowed alot this year-just never backed up over this high of snow. SO-live and learn. Anybody know of anything you can spray on the belts and pulleys to prevent this? Or does this old guy have to change his plowing strategies?-Thanks-AL :whistle:

MaineDad

I hate that feeling too. Glad you figured it out. we are supposed to get about a foot tonight into the morning - I'm ready for spring :thumbs:

Sparky

There is a "Belt Dressing" in a spray can for noisy fan belts on cars but I would let the belt dry out and change your plowing stratagy.

Mike.........

Duff

What Micah just said! :thumbs: It's coming down madly right now and I am sick and tired of it! :whistle:

Duff :whistle:

Docwheelhorse

There is a "Belt Dressing" in a spray can for noisy fan belts on cars but I would let the belt dry out and change your plowing stratagy.

Mike.........

I would change your plowing strategy too.... get an 8 speed and don't worry about yor hydro :thumbs:

Tony

Rollerman

Al what condition is the belt in?

Been there done that to Al...had issues with the belt geeting wet & slipping with a C125A I had last winter.

By the way Tony...a manual will slip the belt to if you get it wet. :thumbs:

kpinnc

There is a "Belt Dressing" in a spray can for noisy fan belts on cars

I would not use belt dressing on any WH belts. They are SUPPOSED to slip when the clutch is depressed- or when the hydro park brake is engaged.

Aside from an uncontrollable wheelie, you could really damage your hydro. Even on the Eaton models.

Kevin

Docwheelhorse

By the way Tony...a manual will slip the belt to if you get it wet. :thumbs:

Yah.... but theres no fan to throw snow all over the belt!! :whistle:

kpinnc

Yah.... but theres no fan to throw snow all over the belt!!

Actually, there is on many models.

From 1968 up until the Eaton hydros were introduced, many 8 speeds used the same pulley that was on the Sundstrands. The fan was cast into the pulley.

Kevin

Teddy da Bear

does this old guy have to change his plowing strategies?
New strategies..... 1. Never back up, just make U-turns....

2. Shovel drieway before plowing......makes plowing easier and faster! :thumbs:

Seriously.....it was snowman making snow we had....about 12" or so here.

The michigan ice monster was having some trouble in some spots.

And it did not make it quite out to the pole barn. Came within 10ft.

I had not heard we are suppose to get that much more Sunday night Stephen?