elliot ness

A peek at the D200 , still more to do.

Sparky

The whole thing looks great! And I think the hub caps also look fantastic! The red rims and the red horse head match up nicely. I assume it won't be getting wheel weights?

• Like 4

elliot ness
2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

The whole thing looks great! And I think the hub caps also look fantastic! The red rims and the red horse head match up nicely. I assume it won't be getting wheel weights?

My plan is to mount my 26x12x12's bar tires and just use it to plow snow and move gravel. Don't think I will use wheel wt.'s It will see limited use. I was told the tool boxes were dealer installed when new. First time I ever seen them.

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Looks very nice! I vote YES on the hub caps.

• Like 4

JimmyJam

Great job! Looks fantastic! I vote "YES" (hands down) to keeping hubcaps!!!!  :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3

pacer
1 hour ago, elliot ness said:

I was told the tool boxes were dealer installed when new. First time I ever seen them.

Those tool boxes are tooooo cool!!

Having 3 of the D's myself and have rebuilt/refurbed all of them, I can well appreciate the time/effort/money?/ and love you have put into this! Really looks great!

That seat aint no slouch either!!!

• Like 3

Pollack Pete

VERY nice D-200.Looks great.I love shiny red paint.Does the seat go back far enough? I think those D series tractors were built for vertically challenged operators.

Edited by Pollack Pete
  • Like 4

Sarge

Man, those red wheels and hub caps sure changed the looks of a D - pretty cool. I agree about any WH being built for someone around 5'6" or less - being 6' the first thing mine get is spacers or some way to move the seat back as far as possible, as well as change the height. I hate sitting against a steering wheel as well as having my legs bent too far back from age/damage from injuries - they have to be nearly straight. On my D180, I used spacers to raise the seat some as well as a short aftermarket replacement - it really made it a lot more comfortable but could go back another 1"-2" to be ideal. I bet the height of that suspension seat makes a huge difference - you are so limited by the location of the fuel tank on a D there is little one can do to make them more comfortable - running chains year 'round on mine it would help with that style seat a lot , been thinking of changing it soon.

Very nice tractor - what are the plans for that nose/grill , any changes ?

Sarge

• Like 3

pfrederi

Be careful you don't leave it running stopped in one spot on the grass for very long.  You will have two brown circles in the grass the next day.  Don't ask how i know this.  You may want to consider elbows or a diffuser like the original mufflers

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 3

squonk

As a young kid I wanted a "D" when they were introduced. We had a big yard and I was regulated to burning thru 6 HP Tecky's on a 604 with a 32" deck. :) I'm 6'1" and finally got a chance to drive a D 160  through the woods about 6 yrs. ago. I liked that I was able to stand up and stretch on it.

Love the red wheels and caps. :banana-wrench:

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:bow-blue:  :wh:

• Like 2

Gilford wh

Looks fantastic .

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

You have done an excellent job on the D. The hub caps look great.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Very nice job so far, and another yes vote on the hubcaps, they just seem to really stand out on that big D

• Like 2

jellyghost

This is 100% awesome, but i think everyone is wrong about the hubcaps. This is a stocky brutal looking machine.  The hubcaps are too bling.  I think you want the bolts of the wheels to show.  It goes with the powerful look and stance of the tractor. 

Probably over thought that analysis, but that was my strong first impression.  

• Like 3

cleat

I have the same seat on my larger loader tractor and it is great.

The suspension really softens out the ride.

I like the hubcaps myself but my 520HC does not have any so either way works.

Cleat

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Yep, same seat on the Kioti and it too has a fuel tank limiting rearward travel, hhhmmm makes me think those South Koreans looked over the big D for inspiration, I like the hub caps but I'm sorta partial to painting the embossing, and one sweet looking D you have going, Jeff.

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG2864.jpg

• Like 1