Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

C-160

Niiiiice.  

:handgestures-thumbupright:

WHX??
Posted (edited)

@Pullstart gimme some rims for some very special tires... wished he cleaned up this nice...:laughing-rolling:

20240502_073114.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 8

rjg854
10 hours ago, Metal Blender said:

I only want to see vehicles coming from behind so I can disengage the blades as they pass."due to the fling debre onto the roadway.

Where I'm from, it's against the law to blow debris into the highway.  

• Like 1

lynnmor
19 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Where I'm from, it's against the law to blow debris into the highway.  

It is here also, but if you think I am going to turn my back to the crazy drivers, forget it.  If a cop has a problem, I'll ask when he is going to assure me that the speed limit will be enforced at all times.  The seven, yes seven, utility poles nearest my house has been struck plus my mailbox twice.  The house next door had a car strike the second floor after it launched over a large hedge.  My road frontage is in the middle of a half mile long straightaway, so I guess the cause is failure to negotiate a straightaway.  But I guess that things aren't too bad, there hasn't been a serious accident here for 17 hours and that beautiful spring house near the road has only been flattened five times with the latest being two days ago.

• Sad 1

pfrederi
35 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

It is here also, but if you think I am going to turn my back to the crazy drivers, forget it.  If a cop has a problem, I'll ask when he is going to assure me that the speed limit will be enforced at all times.  The seven, yes seven, utility poles nearest my house has been struck plus my mailbox twice.  The house next door had a car strike the second floor after it launched over a large hedge.  My road frontage is in the middle of a half mile long straightaway, so I guess the cause is failure to negotiate a straightaway.  But I guess that things aren't too bad, there hasn't been a serious accident here for 17 hours and that beautiful spring house near the road has only been flattened five times with the latest being two days ago.

Nice thing about out in the boondocks i run my sweepster every spring sweep the rocks and stuff out of the yard on to the road...Heck that's where they came from... just returning them to their native environment.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

squonk

I'm sure all of the local motorcyclists appreciate all the crap blown into the road. Hope you got good lawyers!

Ed Kennell

My road is always covered with hazards.   Road killed rabbits, squirrels, groundhogs, deer, and streches of greasy roadapples.  (miss ya Jay)

Most of our local motorcyclists are aware and ride with care and avoid the hazards.   The live animals darting across the  road pose a bigger problem for the riders to avoid.

Unfortunately we recently had two fatals and one nearly lost a leg accidents due to high speed riders that were not able to avoid hazards.

• Heart 1

squonk

Natural hazards are the way of life in the motorcycle world. Why make it worse by tossing ,grass , rocks , branches ect out in the road carelessly?

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Been a long time comin' but Doug is finally gettin the upgrades that the parts have been lying in the shop for 2 years!

So we start out up on stands for the before and work our way through today's progress! Thought I was gonna have to lift everything, but the spacer spaced the tire out far enough to leave just enough clearance! Need lo get longer carriage  bolts for the weights. Also pulled both front tires and cleaned spindles ready to weld in the 1" spindle upgrades!

20240502_094944.jpg

20240502_094956.jpg

20240502_104933.jpg

20240502_105209.jpg

20240502_112417.jpg

20240502_112424.jpg

20240502_114122.jpg

20240502_114134.jpg

• Excellent 7

lynnmor
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Natural hazards are the way of life in the motorcycle world. Why make it worse by tossing ,grass , rocks , branches ect out in the road carelessly?

I have ridden motorcycles for the past 61 years, if someone cannot ride thru or around some grass on a level straight road, they need to park it.  With the retards on open pipe V-twins making an effort to annoy me while cutting my grass, they will get zero respect from me.  Yes, that too has happened.  If one wants to turn their back to the traffic, be my guest, Charles Darwin is waiting.

• Like 5

sjoemie himself
On 4/27/2024 at 11:19 PM, c-series don said:

IMG_9149.jpeg

Awesome rubber on those shiny rims. What make and size are they if I may ask?

• Like 2

kpinnc
On 5/1/2024 at 6:43 PM, Lee1977 said:

I mowed the back yard, around the hay field and side of Highway.

Tried those deck spindles out that you gave me Don. They work great! 

IMG_20240503_192443353.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

@sjoemie himself the rear tires are 23x10.50-12 Galaxy super trencher-lift master. Front are Vredestein 5 rib 16x6.50-8, metric size 170/60-8 

• Thanks 1

oliver2-44
On 5/1/2024 at 8:14 AM, WHGuy413 said:

Sneak peak at what I found yesterday 

IMG_7214.jpeg

1977 C160

WHGuy413

Took @WheelHorse_Kid’s c-121 out in the dark last night and dragged the 14-8 up to the garage. Started working on it and determined the starter was junk. Swapped it out, cleaned the points, cleaned the giant mouse nest out of on top of the flywheel, removed the junk muffler to get to the points, cleaned the carb. Starter solenoid is junk so I bypassed it and went straight to the starter and ran a jumper wire to the coil. Took a little cranking and fiddling with the choke but got it to run for a few minutes. Need to dial it in. Shoots flames from the exhaust pipe. But at least it runs and didn’t sound to bad.

• Like 5

kpinnc
2 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Results are better than expected! Even the steering is much improved. I

Congratulations- and I am jealous! :P

Ark 500 was arguably the closest match and definitely best looking allied loader on a Wheel Horse! :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alan Giese

New member and owner of a 1054 

I am looking for a manual and would like to get everything back to as close to original as I can 

TIA

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

nylyon

Hi Alan, welcome.  Check the manuals section of the forum, you will probably find what you are looking for there.

• Like 1

953 nut
55 minutes ago, Alan Giese said:

I am looking for a manual and would like to get everything back to as close to original as I can 

TIA

:WRS:

Here is a link to all of the manuald this site has related to the 1954 and its attachments. Just click on the link then open the manuals you may be interested in.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=1054&quick=1&type=downloads_file

• Like 2

WHX??
1 hour ago, Alan Giese said:

:WRS:

1054 a favorite here and always nice to have another cheese 🧀 head in the ranks! 

20191006_132314.jpg.c81f94446d92a08aa194b2a7830861fa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

mrc

hi D-Mac,  

that short bed chevy looks good too!

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: I agree.  The dies for the wheels on that trucks were one of my engineering projects before I retired.

We drove up to our summer quarters in Michigan yesterday.  Got Morgan the 14-8 out to do some cart work cleaning the winter debris out of the yard today. 

He was still wearing his snow blade, so I took the opportunity to push some gravel back into the street that was deposited on the lawn by the road plow last winter.

• Like 2