Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

WHGuy413

I’ve been down with the flu the last few days. So no progress on anything here. The carb kits I ordered showed up so the boys can rebuild a few when they are here. I did manage to finally finish wrapping presents. This one should surprise Alex. Be happy to get back out in the garage. Going stir crazy in the house. Thankfully not enough snow to plow with these last storms so the horses have been quiet.

E399CB0D-25BA-4B4F-94B7-C3B4995044A8.jpeg

• Like 5

peter lena

@TonyToro  , thanks for the shout , and MERRY CHRISTMAS !  note last photo , thats  the valve and  its standing fuel hold  effect . other ideas that I  also use on my stuff , is there , anything that i suggest , has been proven to assist / work , those spring assist  cable pulls , lubricant , make  cables work like butter , pete

Tuneup

HaHa - lost power at 11:15 last night. Rolled over and figured the cold would wake me. Yeah - around 4. 2° outside and windy. Out to the shed to get the gen which has never been used (but fuel always cycled). Moved the ignored 520H outside so there's my WH activity for the day. Gen needed Gumout to cough and start. Power on at 6. Fire is warm. Internet fixed at 8:30. Off to the neighbor's, who has no heat, with the garage heater. Fun times! House warming - is now at 64. Stay warm out there y'all!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Darb1964
12 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

I’ve been down with the flu the last few days. So no progress on anything here. The carb kits I ordered showed up so the boys can rebuild a few when they are here. I did manage to finally finish wrapping presents. This one should surprise Alex. Be happy to get back out in the garage. Going stir crazy in the house. Thankfully not enough snow to plow with these last storms so the horses have been quiet.

E399CB0D-25BA-4B4F-94B7-C3B4995044A8.jpeg

On the other side of 413 Peru we got two inches of rain and then eight inches of snow. The twelve plus inches of wet heavy snow is now solid ice. 0 when I got up at six this morning. I haven't done anything with the fresh light snow yet, seems to help with traction when my wife went to the barn too feed her goats. Will clear the drive when it warms up some.

20221216_135736.jpg

• Like 5

WHGuy413
2 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

On the other side of 413 Peru we got two inches of rain and then eight inches of snow. The twelve plus inches of wet heavy snow is now solid ice. 0 when I got up at six this morning. I haven't done anything with the fresh light snow yet, seems to help with traction when my wife went to the barn too feed her goats. Will clear the drive when it warms up some.

20221216_135736.jpg

We have dodged the bulk of the snow. The boys did plow one small storm. I wouldn’t complain if we didn’t get any snow. But I know I’m not that lucky. 

• Like 2

Heatingman

Cleared some snow in style on Thursday afternoon when the bulk of it came down. Did some touch up of the blown snow this morning.

Pretty satisfied with the traction. No slippage at all so far.

Site looks pretty festive by the way. 

861E68B8-D7B2-4F96-BDD5-25F138F4C6A9.jpeg

BDBD4B0C-0CD3-4709-9387-07BB8C7351D4.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

@Heatingman  merry christmas ! like your blade slides , are they on compression springs?  blade is also clean , any  lubricant on it?  do a lot of road side touch up plowing , slides off  like nothing , pete

• Like 2

Heatingman
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@Heatingman  merry christmas ! like your blade slides , are they on compression springs?  blade is also clean , any  lubricant on it?  do a lot of road side touch up plowing , slides off  like nothing , pete

Just metal 1/2 round pucks welded onto 3/4” threaded studs to adjust ride height. 

close up of the slides.

No lube on the blade…yet. Probably do a lube down once it thaws and dries in the heated garage it lives in.

4CBC4C48-AECB-41D2-B141-2A9CDDF629B6.jpeg

• Like 5

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: nice.  Better than $50 each for factory slides that are still available through Toro.  I need to add some to my blade.  Most of my snow removal plowing will be on turf or gravel.  

Do you have trouble snagging those on anything?

• Like 3

Heatingman
4 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

:text-yeahthat: nice.  Better than $50 each for factory slides that are still available through Toro.  I need to add some to my blade.  Most of my snow removal plowing will be on turf or gravel.  

Do you have trouble snagging those on anything?

Not yet. But I also have a thick plastic wear bar sandwiched between the blade and the original wear bar. It glides pretty good so far, and my driveway is fairly smooth. The apron to the garage is concrete, the rest is asphalt. The slides and the wear bar are set approximately the same height. 

• Like 2

peter lena

@Heatingman  seen similar slide discs  with a compression spring , so it would  work on irregular surfaces  , used on a quad  blade  set up . been using aerosol  penetrating oil on my blades for years , snow  release is ridiculous  , just a continuous smooth roll off . good talkin , merry christmas , pete    

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

The Freightliner Guy

Today I pulled the engine out of Reese the rj since I’m at my grandparents hopefully I can take it home :)

• Excellent 7

Horse Newbie
On 12/24/2022 at 6:18 PM, The Freightliner Guy said:

Today I pulled the engine out of Reese the rj since I’m at my grandparents hopefully I can take it home :)

What’s wrong with the engine ?

• Like 1

The Freightliner Guy

Supposably the springs broke but we are just going to put a predator 212 in it instead 

• Like 3

Horse Newbie

What springs broke ?

• Like 1

The Freightliner Guy

The recoil spring for the pull cord 

• Like 1

Handy Don
4 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

As I recall, this is not one of the original Kohler or Lausen engines, right? It’s a replacement Briggs?

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
5 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

And you’re going to do a repower for that ?

• Like 3

The Freightliner Guy

Yes it’s a b&s that grandpa Reese himself put in and yes I’m going to replace the engine with a predator 212 for now until I want to work on that old Briggs 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

Oh, okay…

• Like 1

Snoopy11
8 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

Yes it’s a b&s that grandpa Reese himself put in and yes I’m going to replace the engine with a predator 212 for now until I want to work on that old Briggs 

FLG (short for Freight liner guy)... are you bringing that RJ home?

Don

• Like 2

The Freightliner Guy

Possibly next week when we drop off my brothers clunker at an auto body shop 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

Possibly next week when we drop off my brothers clunker at an auto body shop 

I'll have my eye out! Hope you get it, I'm glad you are still persistent in getting it! Let us know if you need anything... I and many other members have parts for these old :wh: tractors... and are more than happy to help whenever we can.

Merry Christmas,

Don

• Like 3

The Freightliner Guy

Thanks don :D and everyone 

Kollin

• Like 2