Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Oldskool
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Seems mostly there. 

Some blew out?

• Like 1

squonk
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Are you guys referring to the slot hitch?

I am. :)

ebinmaine
53 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Some blew out?

Just a little. 

The spacer between the muffler and pipe has a gap. 

Likely I put a wee bit too much gunky stuff in there and it oozed out as it settled in. 

I've run it a couple times since and it seems much better than ever before. 

• Excellent 1

Oldskool
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Just a little. 

The spacer between the muffler and pipe has a gap. 

Not sure how big the gap is but could an additional spacer made from thin sheet metal help ?

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Trouble shoot and repaired a small issue with Dug's clutch switch, did a little more painting on Dug's new Jewelry, installed some jewelry that was already finished!

16199868719042275806200788069753.jpg

16199869047141305059949015949371.jpg

• Like 9

Gregor
8 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Sounds like you need 2 more "next" tractors

I don't have room for a next tractor, let alone a next next tractor. :crying-yellow:

• Sad 5

Gregor

I have the 656, and the 876, both sitting here in the garage. Got the wheels and tires back on the 656. Bright and shinny. Both of these tractors are 3o minutes work away from being complete, if I just had the parts. Waiting for parts  :ranting:.

I also brought the C125 up from storage. It's the next project. I have not done anything to it yet. I plan t o pull the motor tomorrow, put it up on my test stand, to see what I can find out. I have to learn how to do a leak down test. :dunno:  I have a metal fender pan on the way from Lincoln. Yaaaah....another free pen that actually works. :banana-dance: I see already there are a few more things I am going to have to order.  I have looked at what manuals I was able to find on line, and I can't find anything about a free-wheeling valve on a C-125 A. Is there one? 20210502_155013.jpg.af357a5f241e4434f9894f7a05aecb92.jpg

• Like 9

Ed Kennell

The C-125 could have a 1100 Eaton with no tow valve.

• Like 1

Tach-a-matic

Check your serial on the plate underneath the throttle and choke levers. If its an "S" ( = Sunstrand) the free wheel valve is in towards where the arrow is pointing. There used to be a decal on the fender showing how to do this. 

5-2-2021-8-48-19-PM.jpg

5-2-2021-8-50-30-PM.jpg

5-2-2021-8-53-31-PM.jpg

Edited by Tach-a-matic
  • Like 4

Gregor

OK  I lied. I put the motor up on the stand tonight.

1215556750_20210502_194421(2).jpg.a23499d48d4e6dc192f2ce763aed6cd9.jpg

No "S" in serial number that I can see. I will take that to mean there is no valve.292699787_20210502_195359(2).jpg.c066e920b989d0553f1d738488b183b7.jpg

I am guessing it has been 2 maybe 3 months since this filter on the trans was changed. What do you think?

1422623372_20210502_194339(2).jpg.a13012e7b738ff8d4655b8dec3443f1b.jpg

• Like 3

Snoopy11
On 4/30/2021 at 5:26 PM, D_Mac said:

Thats a 6 cyl...manual transmission. He needed the money to fix the clutch. Needs a slave cylinder.

Slave cylinder is a bad word that starts with B...

Done 'dat on a '95 Ranger 5 speed. I laugh now... but it was a royal pain in the lily to replace...

Don

• Like 1

Handy Don
4 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I am guessing it has been 2 maybe 3 months since this filter on the trans was changed. What do you think?

1422623372_20210502_194339(2).jpg.a13012e7b738ff8d4655b8dec3443f1b.jpg

I agree, it looks so nice it has to still be good. Put it back on!?

Maybe @Vinylguy is interested in transmission filter decals.

• Like 1

Snoopy11
3 hours ago, Gregor said:

I have the 656, and the 876, both sitting here in the garage. Got the wheels and tires back on the 656. Bright and shinny. Both of these tractors are 3o minutes work away from being complete, if I just had the parts. Waiting for parts  :ranting:.

I also brought the C125 up from storage. It's the next project. I have not done anything to it yet. I plan t o pull the motor tomorrow, put it up on my test stand, to see what I can find out. I have to learn how to do a leak down test. :dunno:  I have a metal fender pan on the way from Lincoln. Yaaaah....another free pen that actually works. :banana-dance: I see already there are a few more things I am going to have to order.  I have looked at what manuals I was able to find on line, and I can't find anything about a free-wheeling valve on a C-125 A. Is there one?

"Waiting for parts  :ranting:."

Welcome to the club... waiting... waiting... waiting... NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE!!!

My UPS guy thinks I am nuts... I buy so many engines and engine parts...

BUT, he likes my Wheel Horse L-157!!!!!!:music-deathmetal:

Don

• Like 1

Gregor

Had I known it was an original Wheel Horse, I would have treated it a little kinder, taking it off.20210502_201140.jpg.f24f4438fbf1c3bf1e6f50b2f02c13a2.jpg

• Like 2

Snoopy11
4 hours ago, Gregor said:

I don't have room for a next tractor, let alone a next next tractor. :crying-yellow:

I DO!!! SEND ME ALL YOU GOT!!! I'll put one in the front yard, backyard, living room, on the roof... wherever I can fit one!:laughing-rollingyellow:

Don

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Had I known it was an original Wheel Horse, I would have treated it a little kinder, taking it off.

Never been a filter that I took off that came out/off pretty...

I mangle them... LOL

THEN< I cut them open...

Don

Snoopy11
On 4/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, D_Mac said:

Yeah.... So this is in my garage now.

That is a beautiful tractor... Man... I really like the wheels.

Amazing...

Don

c-series don

@Gregor Beautiful C-125 please try to keep it in that pristine shape, maybe only swapping out the fenders with metal ones. Nice black hood you have there, if you check the brochure for that year you’ll find a great picture of that tractor being delivered to a happy homeowner. Those were the days!!!

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@Gregor Beautiful C-125 please try to keep it in that pristine shape, maybe only swapping out the fenders with metal ones. Nice black hood you have there, if you check the brochure for that year you’ll find a great picture of that tractor being delivered to a happy homeowner. Those were the days!!!

Yes sir. I wonder sometimes, especially with my tractor, what the story is behind it. I have no idea what it was used for... who exactly owned it in '67... I actually know very little about it. All I know is... it 'was' in really bad shape...

Wish I knew more!

Don

8ntruck

More tote andhaul work for the Horse today.  Got the main structure assembled for the keyhole garden.  

When I finished that, I mowed the lawn.  Still have the SD deck with the muncher plate on.  Mowed ok. 

As I was approaching the shed to park the Horse, I noticed a broken branch hanging and dead in a tree in the edge of the woods.  Grabbed the logging chain, wrapped it around the branch and my receiver hitch, then applied pull in 3rd low.  This broke the branch in half where the chain was attached.  Re-wrapped the chain on the still hanging part of the branch,  applied a little more aggressive pull in 1st high, and the branch came down.  Now there is chainsaw and trailer work for another day.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2
  • Heart 2

Snoopy11
5 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

More tote andhaul work for the Horse today.  Got the main structure assembled for the keyhole garden.  

When I finished that, I mowed the lawn.  Still have the SD deck with the muncher plate on.  Mowed ok. 

As I was approaching the shed to park the Horse, I noticed a broken branch hanging and dead in a tree in the edge of the woods.  Grabbed the logging chain, wrapped it around the branch and my receiver hitch, then applied pull in 3rd low.  This broke the branch in half where the chain was attached.  Re-wrapped the chain on the still hanging part of the branch,  applied a little more aggressive pull in 1st high, and the branch came down.  Now there is chainsaw and trailer work for another day.

I actually... moved earth with my L-157 today. I moved a large hill (removing a big tree and using the Wheel Horse to pull the tree into my gully). I then tilled the hill and removed the rest of the tree roots. I did everything without breaking a 'work' sweat... except for chopping the tree down. I used all the dirt and made a path across a ditch that runs to my pond. I hauled loads of extra dirt in with my trailer hooked up to the horse. I compacted the dirt to make the path across the ditch. I also hauled in rock for the ditch to prevent further erosion.

ANYHOO... now I have an over 6 foot wide, probably 25 foot long path going over the ditch that didn't exist previously... (I don't think anyone would believe all the work that the L-157 did today...). SERIOUSLY amazing.

If I remember, I will take a picture and show you guys...

The Wheel Horse worked its little hiney off!!! I don't think it broke a sweat either...

Don

• Like 4

Gregor
33 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Beautiful C-125 please try to keep it in that pristine shape, maybe only swapping out the fenders with metal ones

This one is staying as original as possible, with the exception of the fender pan. Black Hoods are just too pretty to mess with.

I am going be looking for tips down the road, on painting that two tone hood. :confusion-confused:

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 2

EricF

Grass had finally grown enough to put in some seat time over the weekend! Greased all the various points on the 520H and the 48" deck and got some work done. Poured a little Sea Foam in with the no-ethanol gas; the Onan hunted briefly whenever the governor started to kick in for the first 20 minutes or so, then it smoothed right out. Not bad for having been in storage for a year and a half.

Also woke up the Lawn-Boy M-Series mower for trimming... Nearly 30 year old machine; hadn't started in a year and a half, and it woke right up after a few pulls.:handgestures-thumbupright:  Can't say as much for a three or four year old pressure washer with a modern Briggs OHV engine, which is stubbornly refusing to start. :angry-banghead:

Out East, I rarely worried about the ethanol; gasoline and oil came in from Canada and over the past few years they kept dumping 100% gasoline in the area because they needed to use their crude from the oil sands. Here in Indiana, they make absolutely sure to mix in the Ethanol up to the limit. Fortunately, one of the gas stations close to home has a no-ethanol pump.

• Like 8

Snoopy11
On 5/1/2021 at 11:55 PM, kpinnc said:

Well I mowed the spots that my Scag won't fit. Then I did a little bit of tinkering. Full on rattle can job on the way ...

IMG_20210501_230700128.jpg

Nothing wrong with rattle can... (I personally like air better... but... whatever). So... if I were you, I would buy... this from Amazon. I use that whether I use rattle can or air. Not only is this the best clear on the market, particularly because it is gasoline proof, but it hardens extremely hard. What I would do is I would use your rattle cans, wait a few days, then use this. Even let the frame with the rattle can paint sit in the sun for a while, (I prefer even letting it get rained on... sounds weird, but making sure the rattle can paint is cured is extremely important).

That is just my advice... as Spraymax 2K it has really impressed me! It is pricey... but well worth it!

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
Nonsense sentence...
  • Like 2