Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Jhook
48 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Yes my 95 has them, they were an additional bolt on option not always added, and WH had 2 styles the 2 piece like on mine or the one piece bracket like on older B/C series tractors, I put mine on a year or so after installing the seat, most times IMO/experiences are more in the way than actually useful, more of a "cool" factor, good luck and hope you enjoy yours. Here is the seat I used on my 95 520... 

https://www.oleegoliq.com/michigan-seat-extra-highback-seat-black-model-v818-p-117829.htm

Very nice. Good to know i just always recognized the 520s as having armrests. I doubt they will be very useful on this type of machine but they will look decent i hope. In the process of mounting it now 

• Like 2

Jhook

Well the seat is on, its very comfortable. Slides forwards and backwards about 8 inches with the adjustment lever. Folds up nicely on the factory seat mount, and the back folds down on the seat. Very easy direct bolt on replacement. Hopefully it holds up well. Next on the list is a mount for my 2 new rear weights 

20210228_170103.jpg

20210228_170101.jpg

20210228_165912.jpg

20210228_165902.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Gregor

I just realized I posted a link to another site. I am sort-a confused as to whats allowed, and what isn't. I removed the link.

• Like 1

briankd

finally got around to loading my tires on my c 120 washer fluid was on sale 1.10 a gallon . too tight to use rv antifreeze at 4 buck a gallon . took 7 1/2  gallon per tire. should be ready to pull the yard

roller when it time for that . sure a big  difference from plain tire /rim to fluid in them weight wise 

20210228_151536.jpg.d3ebc1e1dc14b3523e4a6c572f2ba0fa.jpg

Edited by briankd
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 3

MikMacMike
5 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

I've cussed a lot at it today thus far

20210228_121512.jpg.18c7adcc779c0370f41d77808607111b.jpg

Oh oh when I see the sawzall come out you know its getting seriouse heheheheh, hey a wee bit of cussing is good for the sole brutha, excersizes the heart heheheheh, I have to close the shop door when I cuss, maws a wee bit religouse. Besides when I cuss she always bursts out laughing and that urks me more hahahahaha

• Haha 4

MikMacMike
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

I just realized I posted a link to another site. I am sort-a confused as to whats allowed, and what isn't. I removed the link.

Hahahaha dont feel bad, I get stuck like that on here all the time. You know whats even worse? Im a 2 finger, eyes on the keyboard typer, its really nerve racking when Ill be typing for an hour trying to explain something and realize I wasnt typing a thing......whoaaaaaa I just scratch my head n walk away. Whats worse is it takes me 15 minutes just to get one sentance type hahahahah. Oh and screw the spelling corrector, I wont even go there....whooaaaa.

• Haha 2

haydendavid380
21 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

Oh oh when I see the sawzall come out you know its getting seriouse heheheheh, hey a wee bit of cussing is good for the sole brutha, excersizes the heart heheheheh, I have to close the shop door when I cuss, maws a wee bit religouse. Besides when I cuss she always bursts out laughing and that urks me more hahahahaha

It's even more serious now, the smoke wrench is out, I've shattered two 1/2" punches, and have blisters on my hand from swinging a mini sledge all day....and I've got about 2mm of movement. I'm doing everything I can before I drill through the case to get PB down to the middle of the pin.

• Sad 1

Ed Kennell
12 minutes ago, haydendavid380 said:

I drill through the case to get PB down to the middle of the pin.

This is the first step I take when preparing to remove a pin.     I drill a 3/16 hole down to the pin in each side of the lug and keep it full of PB for a month.     After I remove the pin, I tap both holes for a grease zerk.

• Like 4

Horse Newbie
5 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Yes my 95 has them, they were an additional bolt on option not always added, and WH had 2 styles the 2 piece like on mine or the one piece bracket like on older B/C series tractors, I put mine on a year or so after installing the seat, most times IMO/experiences are more in the way than actually useful, more of a "cool" factor, good luck and hope you enjoy yours. Here is the seat I used on my 95 520... 

https://www.oleegoliq.com/michigan-seat-extra-highback-seat-black-model-v818-p-117829.htm

Looks like the holes are pre-drilled in the back for the Wheel Horse armrests ... am I seeing that right ?

Horse Newbie

Finally got around to installing my rear hub caps on my 1994 520H...was waiting until I painted my hubs...

Also started sanding my hood to prep for Rustoleum Regal Red...was gonna leave the original paint, put I ordered new decals , and noticed some paint flaking and rust under the front of the hood where the hood hinges bolt on...

20210228_172248.jpg

20210228_172259.jpg

20210228_182709.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

haydendavid380
1 minute ago, Horse Newbie said:

Finally got around to installing my tear hub caps on my 1994 520H...was waiting until I painted my hubs...

Also started sanding my hood to prep for Rustoleum Regal Red...was gonna leave the original paint, put I ordered new decals , and noticed some paint flaking and rust under the front of the hood where the hood hinges bolt on...

20210228_172248.jpg

20210228_172259.jpg

20210228_182709.jpg

Those wheels look fantastic 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Machria

Nice hub caps!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

After nearly 12 hours that's almost enough to bring a man to tears

20210228_212518.jpg.041857d7923344acf43760666fdcbf85.jpg

Victory!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
8 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Looks like the holes are pre-drilled in the back for the Wheel Horse armrests ... am I seeing that right ?

Yes 100%

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
8 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

That is promising for me. Have to remove one to that is stuck, yours doesn't look bad, mine is very rusty.

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

That is promising for me. Have to remove one to that is stuck, yours doesn't look bad, mine is very rusty.

If you're going to use a hammer on the end be sure not to mushroom it so it won't go through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

squonk
10 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You spent toooooo much time on subs and I ain't talking sandwiches or hoagies. :ROTF: got to pick on you @pullstart isn't around.

Jim needs another "boat" like he needs another "hole" in his head! :helmet:

• Haha 3

Pullstart
9 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

1 hour ago, Maxwell-8 said:

If you can leave enough nub on one end of the rod to get a pipe wrench on, you might be able to spin it free easier than pounding it too :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

johnnymag3
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

If you're going to use a hammer on the end be sure not to mushroom it so it won't go through.

Eric....Just heat and cool several times....use impact between cycles...it will come right out !!!!

I have dealt with MANY of those suckers, they can be WICKED !!!

Learned the Heat / Cool to move the metal on its own..

Good Luck, john

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor
12 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Yes, they are the correct holes, actually the metal shell is the same except the seat mounting holes.  I am a bit skeptical about the online store, proceed with caution.  If you do buy, let me know how that went, the price is great.

• Like 1