Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

now see the advantage to converting to lug nuts & studs.  It is somewhat of a hassle getting the wheel holes lined up with the tapped holes in the hubs.  If/when I remove the hubs, I think I'll make the conversion

ALL our tractors have them. 

We change em over the first time the wheels come off.

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Took a road tip to PULLSTART's shop today where new Carlisle Turf Savers were mounted on my rear wheels.  

And we know you did this because you or Kev have some :text-coolphotos:???? :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8ntruck

WHX24 - We know this to be true because Kevin and I are such fine upstanding and trustworthy characters. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

pfrederi
1 hour ago, Stepney said:

The bushing and bolt seemed pretty tight and I imagine the blower has little use, since I know the machine it came off of. (Pre Tach a Matic)
I am on the inner PTO pulley, thats what the diagram in my owners book showed to use.

Maybe so but other single stage manuals show the smaller outer pulley and that is  what I use on Electro 16...

try switching see if that helps???

blower.JPG

WHX??

You ok.... jury still out on that other character! :D

• Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost:those weights look good with some fresh red on them and they are yours now!  I can’t wait to see some video of that beast clearing your driveway into the neighbors :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

They must have been for shallow dish rims Jack as I had to add 3/8 rod couplers and a 2 in piece of all thread for them to make the distance. Still very heavy and should work out fine. :handgestures-thumbupright: Might be better suited for a plow tractor?!? :lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, WHX24 said:

heavy

Yeah... Them are about a weight and a half aren't they...

Rig looks good Jim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
14 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Took a road tip to PULLSTART's shop today where new Carlisle Turf Savers were mounted on my rear wheels.  The old Turf Savers looked to have a manufacture date of Dec. 2001, which means that my father in law probably replaced the originals.  They still held air, but had lots of cracks in the sidewalls and tread.  Tire mounting machines are wonderful things!

Kevin's shelving system for his tractors looks good and appears to open up some floor space that he didn't have last time I visited.  This will feed the old adage that cra, rather, things expand to fill available storage...….

Tightened up the brake band adjusting nut a couple of turns before re-mounting the left wheel.  That ought to make the tractor more comfortable to drive near the lake shore, as the drop off of the lawn into the water ranges from 6 to 18 inches.  Also took a look at why the parking brake latch does not latch.  Looks like the link from the clutch/brake pedal needs to be adjusted shorter.  Made an attempt, but the adjusting nut is rusted in place.  Soaked it with penetrating oil and letting it set for a while.  

I now see the advantage to converting to lug nuts & studs.  It is somewhat of a hassle getting the wheel holes lined up with the tapped holes in the hubs.  If/when I remove the hubs, I think I'll make the conversion.

You’re welcome back any time, Bill!  The conversion with 7/16 fine thread bolts could be done with just the wheels off too.

@ebinmaine no pictures or videos, but we still had a good chat about a flail mower :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
12 hours ago, WHX24 said:

And we know you did this because you or Kev have some :text-coolphotos:???? :lol:

We figured the 2001 dated tires would be a bear to dismount with a hitch and a bumper jack, he’d be better off saving time and driving down to let the machine do the work.  It’s always good to have a visitor who likes a good chat!  We probably spent more time yackin’ than we did workin’ :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MikMacMike

This is where the enlarged gas tank will be placed....still hidden....figure about 5.1 to almost 6 gal worth. I also needed clearance for the atv boots, Ill be changing the front spindles to full bearing 4 lug 8" rims. There sure is alot more room in the back once I replaced the Hydro to 8 speed. Not much room anywhere on wheel horses and it sure put a squeezing feeling on this old farts brain cells trying to fit what I want on it.

IMG_0219.JPG

• Like 3

Lee1977
45 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

This is where the enlarged gas tank will be placed....still hidden....figure about 5.1 to almost 6 gal worth. I also needed clearance for the atv boots, Ill be changing the front spindles to full bearing 4 lug 8" rims. There sure is alot more room in the back once I replaced the Hydro to 8 speed. Not much room anywhere on wheel horses and it sure put a squeezing feeling on this old farts brain cells trying to fit what I want on it.

IMG_0219.JPG

May need to rasis the steering wheel to. i just raised my fender 1 3/4" on my 312-8  and raised the steering wheel 2 3/4".

SAM-1001-2.jpg

"

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

Put the turfs and chains back on the L107 AGs off.  Plowed down to the barn this morning with the Charger 12.  Took the L107 down with her trailer and some tires.  Barely made it back up the hill empty with the darn AGs.  AGs are near worthless on packed snow or frozen ground.

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

MikMacMike
6 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

May need to rasis the steering wheel to. i just raised my fender 1 3/4" on my 312-8  and raised the steering wheel 2 3/4".

SAM-1001-2.jpg

"

Oh absolutely, once I get a good seat and a measure on it. I needed the clearance to house the 25x11-12 boots. With 4 lbs. psi there just under 25" tall leaving me no room just in-case I put the chains on. There a good 26 to almost 27" at 12 to 18 lbs. I knew I was going to relocate the gas tank back there also and after measuring I came up with around 3" of lift. Lots of room for chains now, LOL.Dam whats the poundage on those weights? They look mighty serious too. Are they cast or steel? I was pondering of ripping all the old batteries apart and casting so lead weights, but those like I said look seriouse.

MikMacMike
On 12/2/2019 at 7:04 PM, ebinmaine said:

ALL our tractors have them. 

We change em over the first time the wheels come off.

You are so correct, they are such a pain when installing. I did see the young guy on I think its called I restore tractors, he also had a great idea by laying the tire on a shallow doly, but your idea is bang on.

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

You are so correct, they are such a pain when installing. I did see the young guy on I think its called I restore tractors, he also had a great idea by laying the tire on a shallow doly, but your idea is bang on.

I'm thinking you're talking about a fella named Norman on isavetractors.com.

I've not met him personally though I've spoken to him  by phone. He lives and works right near me here in Maine.

Very nice guy.

I can't take credit by a long shot for the lug bolt idea. I got that one amongst many other wonderful things here on this awesome site.

MikMacMike

Thats the guy....what a great kid. Hes one smart little gaffer too and makes great vids. I think on one of the jobs I was called out to in St. John New Brunswick for NewBrunswick Generating Station, I must have driven right by you both. I so loved it out there, and it blows one away that no one locks there doors. I plan to make another working trip out there in the future for sure, might have to stop by and check out the ponies on the east coast?? Yes there are so many on this site that either invent or pass along such great knowledge like yourself. I wish I'd known of this site years ago when I was gifted my pony from my Uncle.

Hi5 to Red Square for sure.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

Thats the guy....what a great kid. Hes one smart little gaffer too and makes great vids. I think on one of the jobs I was called out to in St. John New Brunswick for NewBrunswick Generating Station, I must have driven right by you both. I so loved it out there, and it blows one away that no one locks there doors. I plan to make another working trip out there in the future for sure, might have to stop by and check out the ponies on the east coast?? Yes there are so many on this site that either invent or pass along such great knowledge like yourself. I wish I'd known of this site years ago when I was gifted my pony from my Uncle.

Hi5 to Red Square for sure.

You head this way again please do stop in.

We'll gather up a few folks and have a meet n greet.

• Like 1

MikMacMike
Just now, ebinmaine said:

You head this way again please do stop in.

We'll gather up a few folks and have a meet n greet.

Your on brother.

• Like 2

balconio
9 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

SAM-1001-2.jpg

"

I just assumed 26x9x12 ATV tires (ITP mudlites with 1" deep treads) would fit my 312-8 by lifting the seat tins a bit with spacers. I see now running that size might be more of a problem clearing the footrest tins. I guess it'd be a good excuse to try out my brother's new plasma cutter or get crazy with the BFH.

How exactly did you raise the steering wheel? 

MikMacMike
10 hours ago, balconio said:

I just assumed 26x9x12 ATV tires (ITP mudlites with 1" deep treads) would fit my 312-8 by lifting the seat tins a bit with spacers. I see now running that size might be more of a problem clearing the footrest tins. I guess it'd be a good excuse to try out my brother's new plasma cutter or get crazy with the BFH.

Hello baconio, Sure no problem, at the moment ive got (lets call it the spacer cage) it apart because everything was just tacked together. Today Ill be welding it proper. But what Ill do is once its together I can show you in more detail. I havnt raised the steering wheel as of yet but I will say the steering wheel will be much easier. I too was far too close with the foot rests. I dont know if your machin has the same cross bar that attaches the foot rests and if it does I noticed that the foot restsmounted under that cross bar. So I unbolted the top and left the bottoms bolted in place for alignment. I carefully bent the foot rests upwards so as to mount on top of the cross bar. So the bolt holes to match back up I only bolted the cross bar to the foot rest NOT the center consle. this puts the cross bar on an angle toward the front of the tractor. Using 2 very large adjustable wrenches I pulled the cross bar back to a straight position (horizontal). Now youll notice the bolt holes where the crossbar mounts to the center consle doesnt align. But alas it only moves it about 1". I marked the holes from underneath, drilled them and voila it all came together. As for making a latch to keep the seat body and fenders closed, I havnt gotten to that point yet. 1st pic is the origonal position, as you can see I gain a sheesh load of room to where I am locating the gas tank by switching to 8 speed from hydro. If I run hydrolics Id rather run a proper pump right off the engine instead of tapping into the sunstrand. Pic 2 you can see the foot rest is now mounted above the cross bar. I just made sure when I was bending that the both footrests were still atached so as to make sure of alignment. pic 3 you can see in the upper right corner. The bolts are 1 " back on the cross bar. In fact its the cross bar that moves 1" forward. This gives me a ton of room. I hope this helps. These tires Im using as soon as you  put anything around 10 to 18 lbs of air pressure the expand tremendously, plus in that state they dont have the wide look I wanted, an undersight on my part. But at 5 psi they settle down in size and look great. I just hope it all works or its back to the drawing board, LOL.

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

Stepney

Just another day on the E16. I really didn't expect the ST-376 to work as well as it does. 

8ASbmLgAT8W9D1HqVQVbFQ.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Lee1977
13 hours ago, balconio said:

I cut it add a piece of 1 1/4 that we drilled out welded to bottom end and bolted the top. It will stil come out of the dash.

• Thanks 1

Lee1977
16 hours ago, MikMacMike said:

Oh absolutely, once I get a good seat and a measure on it. I needed the clearance to house the 25x11-12 boots. With 4 lbs. psi there just under 25" tall leaving me no room just in-case I put the chains on. There a good 26 to almost 27" at 12 to 18 lbs. I knew I was going to relocate the gas tank back there also and after measuring I came up with around 3" of lift. Lots of room for chains now, LOL.Dam whats the poundage on those weights? They look mighty serious too. Are they cast or steel? I was pondering of ripping all the old batteries apart and casting so lead weights, but those like I said look seriouse.

There is two 1 1/4" boiler plate cut outs each side around 80# each side. We turned the inside ones down to fit in the wheels.