Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

squonk

Whatever you do Bob, regulate the the speed at which it will turn and how much air flows thru it or it will blow apart like @87 416-8 horse blower did.

These belt drive blowers are getting harder to come by with most home units going to direct drive years ago. Most of the ones you will find are well past their service life with rusted worn out vanes

• Like 3

Racinbob
13 minutes ago, squonk said:

Whatever you do Bob, regulate the the speed at which it will turn and how much air flows thru it or it will blow apart like @87 416-8 horse blower did.

These belt drive blowers are getting harder to come by with most home units going to direct drive years ago. Most of the ones you will find are well past their service life with rusted worn out vanes

I was wondering about that Mike. The little research I've done seems to indicate about 17-1800 rpm. Right now I'm thinking size the pulley for running the engine wide open. Part of me was thinking sizing it for a lower rpm on the engine but sure enough I'd accidently rev it up too high. :)  

• Like 1

Lee1977
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

I was wondering about that Mike. The little research I've done seems to indicate about 17-1800 rpm. Right now I'm thinking size the pulley for running the engine wide open. Part of me was thinking sizing it for a lower rpm on the engine but sure enough I'd accidently rev it up too high. :)  

If you used the 5" out side pulley you will need a 10" pulley on the blower to get down to 1800. I

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell
6 hours ago, Racinbob said:

For years I've been wanting to build a pto driven leaf blower but just never got too serious about it. I did have a blower in Florida but for some reason it stayed in the garage attic when we moved :eusa-doh:

I've had my eyes peeled for another one but

I'm sorry I didn't know that Bob.       I think I sold mine for $25 at the show last year.      I can't remember who bought it.      I really didn't need one as the wind takes care of all my leaves.

I picked mine up for a couple bucks at the auction.    If I see another one, I'll yell.

Racinbob

Thanks Ed. They are getting harder to find but they are out there. I was basically waiting for one locally but now I'm gonna get serious about it. I didn't have a frame for one before but now that I do I'm more motivated. :)

• Like 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, Racinbob said:

if one stumbles in front of me I'll grab it.

If you are coming to the Big Show I will give you one.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob

I appreciate that Richard but unfortunately the Big Show isn't likely to happen this year. 

• Sad 3

JoeM

If your really wanting to blow stuff (and have deep pockets) you can look these guy up.

image.png.9670a88febff73b785be22fc79b072d1.png

• Haha 2

953 nut
22 hours ago, JoeM said:

really wanting to blow stuff (and have deep pockets) you can look these guy up.

And a VERY LONG extension cord!                   :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

any reason is a good reason to get a tractor out.

A couple more reasons.         Drag those three trees outa the diamond and pull out the beaver dam before it floods the field.     :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OutdoorEnvy
26 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

A couple more reasons.         Drag those three trees outa the diamond and pull out the beaver dam before it floods the field.     :)

LOL!  If only the WH's could handle that job!  Field will be flooded regardless though...That area looks like a pond when we get a major spring shower here.  Kinda neat watching it form and then drain out within hours.  But if the field needed work after that wouldn't be the worse thing either...maybe the disc harrow will get a turn

• Like 4

953 nut
3 hours ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Jack and his friends were making a small wiffle ball field in the woods behind our house and wanted dirt baselines..

:twocents-02cents:                 May want to put up a backstop so the catcher doesn't end up in the creek chasing a foul ball.               

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OutdoorEnvy
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:                 May want to put up a backstop so the catcher doesn't end up in the creek chasing a foul ball.               

They were warned in advance on their location selection.  They want to learn the hard way so dad will let em.  The hard way always sticks with you :D

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

Colby G

Hello everybody, I have a lot of play in my steering, does anybody know how to fix it?

pfrederi
Posted (edited)

Remove cotter pin #36 add a washer between pin and housing 27  (like washers 34 and 35 to take out end play)

steer.png

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 4

Colby G
44 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Remove cotter pin #36 add a washer between pin and housing 27  (like washers 34 and 35 to take out end play)

steer.png

This works for any wheel horse?

87 416-8 horse

My brother was driving the 518 along the field and the tire had a small leak and popped off the bead. We pulled it off and got it back on the bead. We just nearly made it to the shop before it was flat again. I guess tires are next on the list.:eusa-doh:

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, 87 416-8 horse said:

guess tires

If you don't have any sharp aggressive plants around.. throw a tube in it. 

• Like 2

87 416-8 horse

31 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If you don't have any sharp aggressive plants around.. throw a tube in it. 

I didn’t think about that. Thanks Eric:text-thankyouyellow:

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, 87 416-8 horse said:

I didn’t think about that. Thanks Eric:text-thankyouyellow:

We have no sharp plants here. 

ALL our tire swaps get tubes now. 

No. More. Concerns about getting the bead to set. 

• Like 1

pfrederi

The WHs used the same steering mechanism for many years

• Like 2