Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ohiofarmer

Maybe not what I did To my Wheel Horse, but For it.  I am mostly done clearing off the shelving in the barn lean to for in process storage and to organize parts when taking tractors apart. The shelf standards are angle iron with 24 inch square tubing formerly used to store vinyl siding . Lags hold them to the studs and they can carry the weight. There are four seat pans and four hoods and other parts on there just to get a feel for things. Plenty of room for storage tubs for the smaller stuff.

Oh ,and look at the Electro hood. She's a patina oil candidate if ever I saw one with the decals in fine woodgrain condition.

IMG_20230616_200544.jpg

IMG_20230616_103635.jpg

• Like 6

Handy Don
3 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

IMG_20230616_103635.jpg

Please explain the process that involves the gas grill!?

ohiofarmer
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Please explain the process that involves the gas grill!?

Just to snap a picture. I just use 0w30 synthetic and let them soak for a few days, wash it off, and then do as others have advised

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Desko

No rain for the past couple weeks so I took that time to glue my new center cap on and split and resealed the spare intake manifold for the 520H and try out one of those cheap adjustable carbs from amazon. Overall not super impressed with it looks and fit wise but hopefully it makes it run better because even after cleaning the accelerator pump and carb the original will still hunt and surge. 

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5021.jpeg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Desko said:

No rain for the past couple weeks so I took that time to

Nearly all rain here for several weeks now. We can't seem to buy a dry time more than half a day or the odd bit of sun here n there.  

Looks like that'll change tonight!!!

Trina and I had a nice visit with @JCM Jim and his other half today.  

Trina dragged Patti to the local Mennonite store to do some ridiculously inexpensive shopping for great stuff.  

Jim and I basically set around shooting the .... Well we talked a lot.  

Throughout the day I worked on getting the new barn workshop cleaned up and beginning to organize the area.  

I got the 220V air compressor set up on 6" blocks so I can reach the air/fluid drain on the bottom of the tank. I very rarely leave the compressor without draining it.  

I also got the metal working table in place with the old Lincoln Tombstone welder plugged in beside it ready to go as needed. 

Same goes for the 110V HF flux core wire feed welder.  

The 2 small side doors have been sticking more and more so both Trina and I worked on getting some trimming done at the bottom. Both are better now.  

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

8ntruck

I finished wielding up the blow holes I made in Clyde's new muffler and pipe this afternoon.  Then I played metal bender tuning the slip fit of the new pipe onto the manifold pipe.  Had to tune up the attachment clamp too.

The new muffler is a whole lot quieter than the old kaput muffler.  The neighbors will probably appreciate that.  I got about 1/2 hour of seat time mowing some weeds and hauling a cart down to the lake to take the rest of last winter's leaves from the shoreline up into the woods.  The new exhaust seemed to work well.

• Like 3

D_Mac

Got the 310-8 finally running. Water in the lines. Should be bringing it home in the morning. Going to need a shoe horn to get it in my garage.

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, 2drxploder said:

New shoes 26-12x12

BIG sneekizz!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

D_Mac
5 hours ago, kpinnc said:

I congratulate you for being a great neighbor. When I had my cancer treatment and surgeries, my neighbors kept up my lawn maintenance. As simple as it seems, I greatly appreciated someone helping out. I'm sure he does too! 

In 2019 I spent from February to June in the hospital surgeries and complications for my cancers. Then July and August having 33 rounds of radiation to my face and throat. I too had to rely on friends and family for everything. Glad you're in a better place in life KP.

• Like 2
  • Heart 5

mrc

Beap52, ALWAYS better to give than receive. good man!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

mrc

2drxploder,  where did you get those tires?  they look great!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

this card

Niiiiice 

• Like 1

kpinnc
1 hour ago, JCM said:

That tractor is lucky to see 5 hours per year.

It sure is a purdy one! :thumbs:

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

@Achto

:bow-blue:

Wow are you fast... :clap:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Wow are you fast... :clap:

Thanks.

It helps when you have all the parts in stock.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

After 5 years, I am finally getting the 701 together. Should have it at the show. It will have to be repainted because the PPG paint that I used apparently was bad. But, mechanically it has been a challenge. You can lose a lot of small pieces in 5 years.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

You can lose a lot of small pieces in 5 years.

No worries Bob.   

I can lose a lot of small pieces in 5 seconds.  

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 7

ebinmaine

Busy as all get out today.  

AM we reorganized the new barn workshop. 

PM The Trina Momma came over and helped us make a new pathway to the forest and garden area.  

Turn volume up medium to high. Lots of engine noise but Trina's speaking throughout.   

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6