Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ZXT

Finally was able to mow with the C120 auto for the first time since I bought it in November! Wanted to wait until the wild flowers went to seed before I mowed it. Probably should've done it a few weeks ago, but oh well.

Overall, I'm plenty pleased with the Tecumseh that's on it. I've always been a Kohler or Briggs guy but this one runs really good other than the carb being finicky when starting cold. I have to back the screw in the float bowl out a few turns to get it started, but after that it's fine. I sharpened the blades but they have a bunch of chunks out of them. I'll order new ones before the next time i need to mow. It appears to have used less than 1/2 gallon of gas in the hour that I mowed with it. 

Here's a quick picture i took of it.. Started pouring rain about 3 minutes after I parked it. I need to get those darn Husqvarna wheels off of the front of it!

IMG_3498.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Guest 88vic
5 hours ago, RetroMower said:

Tried to replace the head gasket on my c100 and didnt 2 bolts snap off. No suprise its the two straddling the exhaust. Suckers are heat treated and hardened and wont drill out. Anyone looking for two great parts tractors? :angry-banghead:

If the tractor still somewhat ran, run it until it got hot, then try to extract the head bolts. Cant do much with them already snapped though ☹

Pullstart
14 hours ago, RetroMower said:

Tried to replace the head gasket on my c100 and didnt 2 bolts snap off. No suprise its the two straddling the exhaust. Suckers are heat treated and hardened and wont drill out. Anyone looking for two great parts tractors? :angry-banghead:

Are you any good with a welder, or do you know anybody who is?  You might try welding a nut directly over the snapped bolt.  Along with having something to grip, the heat should help penetrate the stuck threads too.  

82Caddy
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Are you any good with a welder, or do you know anybody who is?  You might try welding a nut directly over the snapped bolt.  Along with having something to grip, the heat should help penetrate the stuck threads too.  

Bingo, I just did this with exhaust manifold bolts on a 300k mile 7.3.  Worked like magic with a crappy 120v flux core harbor freight welder because my friend didn't have 220 power to run anything bigger and insisted we do this in his dirt floor shed instead of at my shop. :angry-banghead:

• Haha 2

SALTYWRIGHT

LAST NIGHT I REMOVED THE DIESEL FROM MY 1054. TIME TO PLAT WITH ANOTHER MOTOR IN THIS TRACTOR. 

• Like 4

pfrederi
3 hours ago, SALTYWRIGHT said:

LAST NIGHT I REMOVED THE DIESEL FROM MY 1054. TIME TO PLAT WITH ANOTHER MOTOR IN THIS TRACTOR. 

Did the diesel not work out to your expectations???

• Like 2

SALTYWRIGHT

THE DIESEL HAS BEEN VERY GOOD, JUST TIME FOR SOME THING NEW., I WANT TO TRY STEAM ,BUT I WILL HAVE TO SEE.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, SALTYWRIGHT said:

THE DIESEL HAS BEEN VERY GOOD, JUST TIME FOR SOME THING NEW., I WANT TO TRY STEAM ,BUT I WILL HAVE TO SEE.

Old hit and miss on a garden tractor looks pretty awesome

I can't recall ever seeing a GT with steam power.

Keep us posted Russ. This could get interesting.

• Like 1

BPEisenhower

Hello there Horse fans!! I found something interesting to share this evening and I'm hoping it's what I believe it is. As you know, I finally was reunited with my great grandfathers C195. I been looking for a rear PTO just to have and believe this might be one. And once again, this was found in the back of a roll off box and as soon as I get the tailgate opened, this almost fell on my feet. I do know the mule drive is too new and is new, plus the 2 pulley system isn't C195.The PTO and the pulleys and shields are still new and no paint missing, possibly NOS.... Please tell me that this is for a C195 and I'm not dreaming.....  Sad to see parts tossed to the landfill 😖

IMG_20190424_201927.jpg

IMG_20190424_201843.jpg

IMG_20190424_201912.jpg

IMG_20190424_201820.jpg

• Like 4

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

BPEisenhower
6 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Garry

Thank you! I'm hoping this will fit. Don't have to work but just to have it is a plus 🎉😆🎉

• Like 1

Wendell Watson

I am currently ton my D-200, need to find a place to get brake pads & a clutch pad. Thanks in advance for the help!!!!

Tractor boy

Well I know this is not red but.........I did have to use my wheel horse. Anyway as I have mentioned before i work at lawn equipment place and take home the occasional broken box store tractor to fix and sell for some extra cash for tools and wheel horses and such. Well I got the orange one home last night and was giving it a test drive. It slid into a small rut but as it was filled in with mud it was not going anywhere. So back to the shed to grab my only other working tractor, my new to me 1056. One tug with a strap and the orange piece of junk is out of the mud. F9337EEE-EC8D-436A-BEF3-D69A54CE23E7.jpeg.e9a933dd89b7839a1f8efb5ad182b6dd.jpeg

Edited by Tractor boy
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 5

The Tuul Crib

It’s alive!! Grabbed some seat time and mowed a little with her today !

Needs a little more fine tuning!

4D52A766-AE3B-4DAC-A96A-EB00ACDC07E6.jpeg

7DDD1D0B-A694-4E7F-ACD4-92B498A91DDD.jpeg

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 7

MIGHTYMO

Went over to my brothers and helped him put a new deck belt on then helped him mow the yard. Vet vs rookie

20190427_131839.jpg

Edited by MIGHTYMO
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 3

Ralph S

I stretched the Legs on the 520 today. This was at plow days in Renfrew today. We had a small turnout on a count of all the rain this week. We still managed to get the job done.

FB_IMG_1556416609434.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

rjg854

Nice job on that starter Eric

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shynon

Since the loader is in limbo while i order new cylinders. Decide to take apart the RJ and replace bushings.

received_417505692376476.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

I got the carb adjusted on the cinnamon horse and used it for a little pulling leverage.

Reminder: when attempting to start your engine... Gas valve shall be open.

:hide:

Trina and her mom moved a bit of firewood and stacked it while I was tinkering around with pulling stumps and rocks from the portable garage area.

The horsies stopped for a moment to pose for a pic.

IMG952019042895143743655.jpg.cc2a947712690d1695ed26b58add6b2e.jpg

IMG952019042895143751589.jpg.f605567878634ee4d80a848f6d52e4c6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

The Tuul Crib

Took Junior out for a ride today and brought it back and gave it a bath. 

DBE28DBE-B546-43BC-B253-30BF47F2E7BE.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

adsm08

I put a new carb base gasket on the 855 and reset the carb. It starts and runs much easier, but the weather was pretty bi-polar here today, so it stayed in the shed.

Tomorrow should be nicer, so hopefully I'll get to mow some. Yesterday the grass was too short, today it's just about right, tomorrow it will be plenty long.

• Like 2

WHX??

What's the brand on them rears Cribs? Look nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Had the 857 in for what I thought was a quick brake band change out . Turns out 857 had a walking hub due to a bad seal due a bad outboard bearing.

This is like the third tractor I had to bring in for work on that left side axle.  I'm  thinkin it's from mowing and lots of left turns mowing with the short side of the deck????

Right side stuff is always good.

Keyway bad too but got the fix for that. Oh well ....transferred the mid mount blade to a 1077 and worked the snot out of it and got the job done! 

20190427_194028.jpg

20190428_092232.jpg

• Like 6

The Tuul Crib

T

9 hours ago, WHX22 said:

What's the brand on them rears Cribs? Look nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Had the 857 in for what I thought was a quick brake band change out . Turns out 857 had a walking hub due to a bad seal due a bad outboard bearing.

This is like the third tractor I had to bring in for work on that left side axle.  I'm  thinkin it's from mowing and lots of left turns mowing with the short side of the deck????

Right side stuff is always good.

Keyway bad too but got the fix for that. Oh well ....transferred the mid mount blade to a 1077 and worked the snot out of it and got the job done! 

20190427_194028.jpg

20190428_092232.jpg

Those would be 8.50 destones on 7.00 

wheels. It was a great marriage ! 

BTW do you mow on a hillside like me ? Maybe its causing your problems,

Edited by The Tool Crib