Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

WHX??

Yah well if now I could only turn you  clowns from the dark side. That guy that is making that  RJ Stuff is a cool dude tho. :)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

@Wheelhorse#1 That would be sweet mounted on there and lighted.   ;)

• Like 5
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

@Wheelhorse#1 That would be sweet mounted on there and lighted.   ;)

I'll second that. Lighted evennnnnn.   

• Like 3

Wheelhorse#1
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I'll second that. Lighted evennnnnn.   

I thought about that too.But I didn't want to ruin it so I decided not to mount it after all.

Apparently these are pretty sought after.Its a hood ornament from a 1948 Pontiac Chieften.SP? Ive seen them listed for as high as 4/ 500 bucks, more than I payed for the tractor :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Handy Don

My late FIL had one of those Pontiacs. Never saw it live, as he’d sold it before I met his daughter.

Family lore is that he never drove it faster than 50 mph, even on the parkways, and irritated the passengers almost as much as the other drivers. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8ntruck

Got Morgan, the 14-8, out today for a bit.  I was prepping the pontoon to take it into storage.  Had to hook Morgan up to the trailer to prevent it from lifting the toung when I walk to the back of the boat when it is on the trailer.

Coming home from walking the dog, I noticed a Wheel Horse parked in front of one of the local hardware stores with a for sale sign on it.  Of course, I had to circle back and take a closer look.  It is a C-141 with a 36" deck and rear wheel weights. Has original paint, good seat and tires.  Would make a  good worker. 

I think the asking price is optimistic, unless there are some other accessories included with it that I didn't see.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Achto
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

C-141 with a 36" deck and rear wheel weights

I really like my C-141 8 speed

• Like 3

8ntruck
34 minutes ago, Achto said:

I really like my C-141 8 speed

I've got a 14-8 no name - good tractor.  If I were to fill the tires and add weights, it would be even more capable.

• Like 4

Colby G

Tipped the no name 8 going up a slippery ramp... Gotta get sum weights I guess. No damage done thankfully

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, OoPEZoO said:

..swept front axle from a 520, 4-bolt trailer hubs, and 20x8x8 fluid filled front tires

First time you try to steer in the snow you'll REALLY appreciate those big heavy tires.  

That's a strong 100 lbs added weight up there on my plow tractor with the Rimguard fluid.   

• Like 2

Handy Don
16 hours ago, ML3 said:

Had to get it up higher to work on.

Boy, isn’t that something many of us have come to learn?! 

Looking good so far.

• Like 4

davem1111
13 hours ago, OoPEZoO said:

Finished up some work this evening.  Went from this

To this....

Tractor conversion looks great!

I'm also interested in the bikes that photo-bombed your pictures - whatcha got back there? B)

image.png.2db879ca88a6417dc7777cf0b44c210e.png

• Like 1

OoPEZoO
1 hour ago, davem1111 said:

Tractor conversion looks great!

I'm also interested in the bikes that photo-bombed your pictures - whatcha got back there? B)

From left to right

1985 Honda CB125 (Only has about 1000 miles on it and all original except the turn signals are reproductions)

1998 Buell S1 (most uncomfortable thing I have ever ridden, but ear to ear grins every time)

2006 BMW 1200GS (My mile muncher go anywhere bike that has taken me all over the country, back before I had kids 🤪)

They unfortunately collect more dust than miles recently, but can’t bring myself to move on from these 3

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck
On 12/4/2023 at 6:30 PM, Wheelhorse#1 said:

I thought about that too.But I didn't want to ruin it so I decided not to mount it after all.

Apparently these are pretty sought after.Its a hood ornament from a 1948 Pontiac Chieften.SP? Ive seen them listed for as high as 4/ 500 bucks, more than I payed for the tractor :rolleyes:

Ya know, @Wheel Horse 3D could probably come up with an adaptor plinth that would fill the gap between the Poncho hood orenment and the Horse hood so you would not need to butcher part.

Just a thought.....

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evguy
2 hours ago, OoPEZoO said:

From left to right

1985 Honda CB125 (Only has about 1000 miles on it and all original except the turn signals are reproductions)

1998 Buell S1 (most uncomfortable thing I have ever ridden, but ear to ear grins every time)

2006 BMW 1200GS (My mile muncher go anywhere bike that has taken me all over the country, back before I had kids 🤪)

They unfortunately collect more dust than miles recently, but can’t bring myself to move on from these 3

I loved the 2006 1200gs that I sold last year, hard to part with it after 6 years.

• Like 1

Jon Paulsen
5 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Boy, isn’t that something many of us have come to learn?! 

Looking good so far.

Pain is such a good teacher...

• Like 1

ML3
3 hours ago, OoPEZoO said:

From left to right

Like the old motorcycles. I have a few myself. 1969 Bultaco Matador MK3 (my dad bought it new) 1970 Bultaco El Bandito 360 (dad raced it back in the day) 1972 Honda CL175 Scrambler, 1983 Kawasaki GPZ750 turbo, 1984 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts edition (only 1600mi)

I ride them around neighborhood in summer & that's about all.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
23 hours ago, Colby G said:

Tipped the no name 8 going up a slippery ramp... Gotta get sum weights I guess. No damage done thankfully

That is why we recommend backing up a ramp. @rmaynard can tell you all about it.

• Like 2

Colby G
3 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

That is why we recommend backing up a ramp. @rmaynard can tell you all about it.

I've tried that, but it doesn't get enough speed. Now I'm more careful.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, Colby G said:

I've tried that, but it doesn't get enough SPEED.

If you NEED to go fast to load a tractor on a truck or trailer then something isn't right.  

Trina and I load ours in Low/Low. 

Super slow crawl. 

No issues.  

21 minutes ago, Colby G said:

Now I'm more careful.

Excellent 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
25 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If you NEED to go fast to load a tractor on a truck or trailer then something isn't right.  

Trina and I load ours in Low/Low. 

Super slow crawl. 

No issues.  

:text-yeahthat:

And preferably in reverse...

• Like 1