Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

kpinnc
6 hours ago, Sparky said:

So I fired her up on this 7 degree day and buzzed around their yard for 10 minutes before putting it back in the shed and on the battery tender. 

Dedication. Most impressive. :thumbs:

Makes me feel like a bum. My machines need attention! :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Horse Newbie

Most of my tractors take long naps fairly often over the winter months, but I do wake them occasionally for a good wam up .

• Like 7

whtractors24
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

To be honest I didn’t pull the dipstick.

Crap! I won’t sleep well tonight not knowing :wacko:

What kind of rookie doesn’t check the oil …….. 🙄

• Haha 3

kpinnc
19 minutes ago, whtractors24 said:

If you keep your maintenance up, then you're allowed an occasional slip up. That's the point. :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Sparky
9 hours ago, whtractors24 said:

LOL! 
  The Magnum 8 doesn’t burn or leak oil and the current oil has less that an hours run time so I have no worries about it being “full”… but I didn’t even consider that it might have a moisture issue. 

• Like 1

Stormin

Finished putting the C-125 back together after the exhaust valve replacement. Fired it up and let it warm up then set the carb. Got it running nicely, then I notice oil running down the front of the engine. :huh: Valve tappet cover leaking. So off with the carb then the cover. Made a new gasket and refitted everything. Fired it up and let it run for a while and no more leak. Refitted the bonnet/hood. Now ready for grass cutting duty again. :)

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 9

Thegearhead0324

For the past week I've been picking at my 1257, I took the stack off and put a different muffler on. I also rewired/soldered few things like the lights. Also, I didn't like how the battery looked on the front so I relocated it with new cables under the seat (some cutting and modding required.) Still more to do, i just got a set of wider wheels for the rear so ill be ordering some tires within the next few weeks, along with new fronts/tubes. 

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

LOL! 
  The Magnum 8 doesn’t burn or leak oil and the current oil has less that an hours run time so I have no worries about it being “full”… but I didn’t even consider that it might have a moisture issue. 

The only reason I brought it up Mike is because my 312H that is stored in a heated 60F shop shows some moisture on the dip stik and sides of the fill tube.

The tractor is only used once/week to haul in a load of firewood.     I do leave it run at high idle while loading the wood, but is still only running maybe 30 minutes total.

I do use a shotgun cleaning swab to clean out the fill tube and never see any discoloration in the actual oil.  I just wondered if a tractor that is normally stored in an unheated building shows any signs of moisture.

• Like 3

Blasterdad

It warmed up to 40 degrees today which prompted me to go out in the shop & DO SOMETHING.

My chute cable came undone the last time I did the driveway just as I finished.

Not my most productive day in the shop I'll admit, but was nice to get out of the house & spend some time with the :wh:'s.

IMG_0572.JPG.e513186fdf6a4e7d28eed765cfe99042.JPG

• Like 4

ineedanother

Put a rebuilt carb and fuel pump on the 310-8 parts tractor and it ran well. That Magnum 10 will move over to the 312-8 310-8 and the remounted treads at the tire shop should put this recovery unit back in operation :thumbs:. Not sure yet what its role will be but it will definitely have one :wh:

IMG_0501 (1).jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

GAJoe

Put the Mule back together with the Lucas Green packed bearings.

Edited by GAJoe
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 1

WHGuy413

Since we fixed @WheelHorse_Kid‘s sticky clutch pedal yesterday we put tire chains on it and he installed a trailer ball into the hitch for our firewood trailer. Our plan is to use that as our wood hauler for the rest of the winter. Even tho I’m hopeful it will stop snowing it will Be muddy for awhile yet and will help with traction. Funny thing with the chains. When I installed them on my Bronco 14 with the 2 stage about a month ago I could not find a matching set to save my life. Tore my garage apart and looked in the shed. Had 2 that were similar to each other but not exactly the same. Tonight when we went to install the chains I had set aside I figured out they were too small. Not sure where I got those. Alex went to take the tire chains off his 308-8 project tractor and asked for some help. I walked out to it and went to spin the tire and was stepping on something. Lo and behold it was 2 tire chains in the leaves. Sure enough they were the matches to the mismatched ones on the bronco 14. We installed both on the C-121 and both agreed that in the spring when they come off we will put them all together and hang them up. 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

kpinnc
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Then I lined them up so they could horse around a bit before they were put back in the horse barn.

You may need to neuter one of those. They seem to be multiplying... :blink:

• Haha 7

Horse Newbie
30 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

You may need to neuter one of those. They seem to be multiplying... :blink:

I was warned that might happen…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I was HOPING that might happen…

• Haha 2

Brockport Bill
3 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

I was warned that might happen…

love the color combo on the Workhorse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thegearhead0324

Probably spending more money than I have or should be on my 1257..... 

• Haha 2

19richie66
16 minutes ago, Thegearhead0324 said:

Probably spending more money than I have or should be. 

You too? :D

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thegearhead0324
28 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

You too? :D

I bought rims last week for it but I found wider ones so I bought them, now I gotta save for tires for the ol tractor. Plus all the other stuff and touching up.... yikes. 

• Like 2

Sparky

Love the look of the two piece seat on the B-80/8 speed…but it’s too close to the steering wheel. I’m a long legged galoot :wacko: !
  You purists should look away! Drilled out the seal mount as far back as it would go. Got me another 1-5/8ths”. 

35FA126B-E8CC-468E-98EA-6C318CACBE28.jpeg

30146DDC-AA1C-456B-910B-653605034150.jpeg

339E7E5A-E812-4B32-A129-8FEE273B9821.jpeg

2B014A22-F5D7-4610-8E1F-8291A8566DD4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Sparky

I also fixed the free JD cart I got last week…tubed the tire and cleaned up the axle (it sat buried in the dirt for like 3 years!). Hooked it up and took it for a drag! 

My B-80 is not happy right now, and I hope @nylyon doesn’t strip me of my Admin title :lol: ! 

586325EA-0697-4547-89AA-81FA32F3BB12.jpeg

FE88E8B2-481D-4DEB-93BB-4850396C2DC1.jpeg

17304B44-505D-4545-BDE9-E9203EB3F817.jpeg

AAAC7770-7504-48A2-928B-E550234FB8F3.jpeg

41E37656-8457-485F-BFA1-5E1EB87125E1.jpeg

D8E2637B-73B2-4CE0-A181-FE632E53C1B0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

The Freightliner Guy
1 minute ago, Sparky said:

I also fixed the free JD cart I got last week…tubed the tire and cleaned up the axle (it sat buried in the dirt for like 3 years!). Hooked it up and took it for a drag! 

My B-80 is not happy right now, and I hope @nylyon doesn’t strip me of my Admin title :lol: ! 

586325EA-0697-4547-89AA-81FA32F3BB12.jpeg

FE88E8B2-481D-4DEB-93BB-4850396C2DC1.jpeg

17304B44-505D-4545-BDE9-E9203EB3F817.jpeg

AAAC7770-7504-48A2-928B-E550234FB8F3.jpeg

41E37656-8457-485F-BFA1-5E1EB87125E1.jpeg

D8E2637B-73B2-4CE0-A181-FE632E53C1B0.jpeg

you just committed a sin and a crime lol you should know better :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5