Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Tuneup

Removed the original starter from the estate sale K241 and mounted it to the ratty C120 to swap out that lousy Chinese bendix. I have to configure a replacement spring for it. Glorious starter sound now! The $75 for that engine was well spent. Will keep it running.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Panther416-8

Made a battery hold down today, did the RandyL mod.  No more bunjee cord. Thanks @RandyLittrell for the idea.

20221204_152745.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH
59 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The aggregate loves to run down through the huge boulders during the more aggressive rains. 

Could try the plastic silt fence that is used to reduce run off on construction sites... black very fine mesh... place it buried couple inches then vertical couple inches above grade and then put stone on top... will keep the fines where they belong...

Just a thought...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

I know spouting is no no in snow country, but it could eliminate a lot of water.

RandyLittrell
21 minutes ago, Panther416-8 said:

Made a battery hold down today, did the RandyL mod.  No more bunjee cord. Thanks @RandyLittrell for the idea.

20221204_152745.jpg

Looks great!! Glad I could conbritube something of value!!!

Randy

• Like 4

Panther416-8
On 11/30/2022 at 11:53 AM, sparkys toy said:

Just a novis question about the weight’s on the front,with a150 lb blower on the front do you really need the extra weight making it harder to steer,i can see it with a plow when angled it can push you left or right but didn’t think that would happen with the blower.and as Panther mentioned more air less friction,great looking rig by the way

I'm not sure Sparkys toy but if the blower is lowered with the skid shoes in contact with the ground I don't imagine there would be much additional weight on the front axle from the blower. In that case it would be good to have the additional front wheel weights to help with traction/steering up front. I could be wrong, hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts on this. BTW,  the whole 2 stage blower is more like 360 lbs or so.

20221128_155446.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

Blasterdad
4 minutes ago, Panther416-8 said:

it can push you left or right but didn’t think that would happen with the blower

It does, the blowers are a lot heavier than a plow, my single stage won't turn sometimes without lifting it up to put more weight back on the front, weights & chains DO help. :thumbs:

• Like 1

rjg854

I use :wh: weights and roller chains on the front wheels on my blower tractor to help with steering. It doesn't like to steer with the blower resting on the ground when trying to turn.

PXL_20211204_164809897_MP.jpg.ee1cd6463676f5b3146206b3a5e1bb24.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Blasterdad

The C-81 & my Son helped with with the last big piles of leaves along the chain link fence. 

IMG_0482.JPG.ea8f611163dcf2e2651a4d9a325f5f83.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

spouting

Gutters? 

Ed Kennell
21 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Gutters? 

Yep, could be installed low enough so the snow could slide over top.  With a buried pipe to take the water to the other side of the wall.

• Like 1

8ntruck
3 hours ago, Panther416-8 said:

20221204_152745.jpg

I like it.  Both of my tractors need battery hold downs.  @RandyLittrell, think I'll borrow the idea too.

davem1111
23 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

I like it.  Both of my tractors need battery hold downs.  @RandyLittrell, think I'll borrow the idea too.

Yeah, I need to make a few of those myself. Looks nice, and functional.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
32 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

@RandyLittrell, think I'll borrow the idea too.

It is one of my few idea's that didn't require someone to hold my beer!!

Randy

• Haha 3

mrc

eric,

i see that you sloped the carport roof quite a bit compared to your original design on your new garage.  that looks much better and snow should slide down and land outside of the carports.   good job!

regards

mike

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, mrc said:

eric,

i see that you sloped the carport roof quite a bit compared to your original design on your new garage.  that looks much better and snow should slide down and land outside of the carports.   good job!

regards

mike

Much appreciated Mike.

I really do have to give full credit to the builder on that one.

We weren't really looking for a lot of extras but there were a few minimum expectations of things that we wanted put into the design.

The interior wall height being a lot higher than our minimum needs is what put that angle where it ended up being.

I never did remember to ask but I think maybe that's a standard in everything that he builds?

• Like 1

Achto
6 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Broached a keyway in it this morning

Saweeet!! Thanks Jim!

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Rasta…… I like it.

• Haha 2

lynnmor
15 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yep, could be installed low enough so the snow could slide over top.  With a buried pipe to take the water to the other side of the wall.

When I built the pole barn, gutters were required and the downspouts had to be run into a seepage pit.  Spouting and gutters seem to be interchangeable words in our area.  The builder was a major player in the pole barn business in this area and he never heard of using gutter guards to keep the leaves out of the seepage pit even though it is right there in the ordinance  The gutters and downspouts were farmed out to a third party that specialized in that work.  I asked those folks to keep the gutters below the slide line to prevent backup and damage, they looked at me like I had two heads.  It took some splainin' to get this simple matter across to the numbskulls.  When they reached the underground pipe they wanted to go at an angle, so I said to use an offset and I got the same look, so I said to leave it alone and I'll take care of it.

EB probably will have a major leaf problem with gutters, but it might be worth it to prevent erosion. 

Ed Kennell
31 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

When I built the pole barn, gutters were required and the downspouts had to be run into a seepage pit.

Same here in Chanceford Twp. when I built my pole barn.    Right after the last of three inspections, I disconnected the $1200 seepage pit and ran the downspouts onto barrels for irrigating my strawberry and blackberry plants.

Leaves are a problem, but Eric can clean his gutters. from a 6' step ladder.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

lynnmor
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Same here in Chanceford Twp. when I built my pole barn.    Right after the last of three inspections, I disconnected the $1200 seepage pit and ran the downspouts onto barrels for irrigating my strawberry and blackberry plants.

We are both in the same township.  I'll be disconnecting one of the downspouts because the pipes are apart about a foot down and the rain water is washing out a corner pole.  :angry-cussingblack:

WHX??

20221205_112540.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6
  • Heart 1