Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

EB-80/8inPA
2 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

20220925_151014.jpg

That’s a bad-xxx looking machine right there.  It really deserves a better looking seat, though, if I may say so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
5 minutes ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

That’s a bad-xxx looking machine right there.  It really deserves a better looking seat, though, if I may say so.

Thank you! Yes it does! When I 1st got it I had just put a seat cover over the OG one I have been considering a new 1. Someone just posted 1 in diamond stich leather mayber they can make 1 for me 😅🤔

• Like 3

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

it happens to be my downforce lever for this plow

Excellent work on that plow linkage sir. 

I'm surprised you didn't MAKE a down pressure bar... Ridiculously simple to build.  

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Excellent work on that plow linkage sir. 

I'm surprised you didn't MAKE a down pressure bar... Ridiculously simple to build.  

I could but I like NOS wheel horse parts. I make them custom but like to keep the blood line strong haha. Might have to if mine never shows up :rolleyes:

• Like 2

WHGuy413

Boys and I put my show tractors away for the winter. They also staged some of their small engines and reel mowers in the old chicken coop that we have turned into their storage area. Making room in the garage for some projects. The 1277 that’s Aiden’s will be getting dragged out and worked on and the 1077 that’s Alex’s will be getting brought up from the shed out back to go threw it.

52871400-E4D8-444A-93E9-A59991D57EDD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Evguy

@WHGuy413

I so need this in my building, always looking for floor space 

• Like 4

Heatingman
53 minutes ago, WHGuy413 said:

Boys and I put my show tractors away for the winter. They also staged some of their small engines and reel mowers in the old chicken coop that we have turned into their storage area. Making room in the garage for some projects. The 1277 that’s Aiden’s will be getting dragged out and worked on and the 1077 that’s Alex’s will be getting brought up from the shed out back to go threw it.

52871400-E4D8-444A-93E9-A59991D57EDD.jpeg

Nice Concept. 

How much weight you got up there? Looks like one false bump of a 2x4 upright taking out a lower tractor, and you’ll wind up moving 3 of them on top of you.

• Like 2

WheelHorse520H

New flood lights on the bottom of the 416-H today. Fluid filled tires and wheel weights plus the custom weight rack, making the whole tractor (without the plow, yet) about 1,010 pounds. The tractor itself weighs about 600 pounds. New gauge cluster too, only lights up right now, but will be hooked up soon. Lights and gauges from Harbor Freight. (Don't mind the tail light bulb that's out.) I will post photos when I become a supporter. I haven't been on in a while so I totally forgot about it. I can say it looks cool.

• Like 3

Heatingman

Had some leftover diamond plate from the foot rests, so I made a pretty up cover for the battery. Just friction clamped in place with the battery holder. There is about a 1/8” or so gap above the battery for air movement in case the battery needs to breath.

Side note:

Really liked the look of  @ebinmaine cinnamon horse motor cover, so I did the same with mine.

Think it looks sharp.

67D40B61-A181-4551-A68A-EFC883D7B04C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

WHGuy413
8 minutes ago, Heatingman said:

Nice Concept. 

How much weight you got up there? Looks like one false bump of a 2x4 upright taking out a lower tractor, and you’ll wind up moving 3 of them on top of you.

Well what ever the 3 tractors up there weigh plus usually a couple small engines and there is a tombstone weight up there. And of course all my miscellaneous junk that I need to go threw. The 2x4 uprights have been ok so far. It’s lagged into the wall studs and each upright is blocked on all

sides to help Prevent twisting and falling. I’ve been doing this set up for prob 6 years or more

and have never had an issue. 

• Excellent 5

WHGuy413
58 minutes ago, Evguy said:

@WHGuy413

I so need this in my building, always looking for floor space 

It helps for sure. In my attached shed I used to put 2 under and 1 on top. That would be my ideal location to stuff my 3 rj’s for winter but I can’t get in there cause I have so much junk in the way😂. By moving these tractors today to this shelf I made a ton of room to work on stuff. 

• Like 1

Handy Don
3 hours ago, Heatingman said:

Decided to add diamond plate onto the foot boards, and get them mocked up before painting

Not sure how you plan to attach that, but it looks like a "trap water underneath and get rusty" situation.

Heatingman
5 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Not sure how you plan to attach that, but it looks like a "trap water underneath and get rusty" situation.

10-24 stainless button head screws, and silicone to seal out water.

Ive had diamond plate rail covers on my pick up truck bed since I bought it new in 2006. Completely rust free. 

Edited by Heatingman
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart
22 minutes ago, WHGuy413 said:

It helps for sure. In my attached shed I used to put 2 under and 1 on top. That would be my ideal location to stuff my 3 rj’s for winter but I can’t get in there cause I have so much junk in the way😂. By moving these tractors today to this shelf I made a ton of room to work on stuff. 

What’s your method for loading and unloading?  

• Like 1

WHGuy413
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

What’s your method for loading and unloading?  

It’s tall enough that a tractor with a lift arm can fit under it. Plus 4 inches with the 2x4 frame and plywood on top of that. I use ramps to roll them up and down. The boys each take a rear wheel and roll them up and I take the front axle and push. Works pretty good now that they are both bigger. Once we get them up there Aiden climbs up and moves them around to position. 

• Like 4

Evguy
10 minutes ago, WHGuy413 said:

It’s tall enough that a tractor with a lift arm can fit under it. Plus 4 inches with the 2x4 frame and plywood on top of that. I use ramps to roll them up and down. The boys each take a rear wheel and roll them up and I take the front axle and push. Works pretty good now that they are both bigger. Once we get them up there Aiden climbs up and moves them around to position. 

I wondered about loading also, I would be doing it solo. I was just looking at lifts if I wanted to implement this.

• Like 1

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, Evguy said:

I wondered about loading also, I would be doing it solo. I was just looking at lifts if I wanted to implement this.

block and tackle?  

• Like 2

WHGuy413
8 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

block and tackle?  

That’s always an idea I’ve had. Just never followed threw. Even a Pully and electric winch would work great. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Evguy
7 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

block and tackle?  

If my pole barn had rafters that would support a lift I would go that route, guessing I could add some support structure. 
Owning a fork truck would be fun too

• Like 2

ineedanother
4 hours ago, Heatingman said:

Decided to add diamond plate onto the foot boards, and get them mocked up before painting.

A6B57F88-26DA-4036-BFBB-5B3FF56C8924.jpeg

9C7BE105-BA53-4EE4-A11D-D1161240AE5B.jpeg

I've been thinking about doing this but wasn't sure how to secure it and finish the edges without making it look like a hack job :tools-hammerdrill:

• Like 1

Heatingman
6 minutes ago, ineedanother said:

I've been thinking about doing this but wasn't sure how to secure it and finish the edges without making it look like a hack job :tools-hammerdrill:

Here is essentially what the finished product will look like. 

To cut and bend clean, you need good quality snips and a bender. I have both.

CE003355-C1E5-4744-B42F-C065CA03D3FB.jpeg

809ED872-0417-46E6-A9F0-9DED4BDA6CE5.jpeg

BCC879E2-D19F-4CA2-910F-C4E602C4707B.jpeg

04A2ED25-B63F-447B-A5BB-D17D4FCCB41A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
50 minutes ago, Evguy said:

If my pole barn had rafters that would support a lift I would go that route, guessing I could add some support structure. 
Owning a fork truck would be fun too

You could pull them up the ramps with block and tackle too…. Every pulley cuts the load in half, right?  A long enough rope and plenty of pulleys and an RC truck could pull a tractor up hill right?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Heatingman
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

You could pull them up the ramps with block and tackle too…. Every pulley cuts the load in half, right?  A long enough rope and plenty of pulleys and an RC truck could pull a tractor up hill right?

Yes, but that block and tackle set would be more expensive then the tractor.

• Haha 4

ineedanother
45 minutes ago, Heatingman said:

Here is essentially what the finished product will look like. 

To cut and bend clean, you need good quality snips and a bender. I have both.

CE003355-C1E5-4744-B42F-C065CA03D3FB.jpeg

809ED872-0417-46E6-A9F0-9DED4BDA6CE5.jpeg

04A2ED25-B63F-447B-A5BB-D17D4FCCB41A.jpeg

Nice. :thumbs: There's a decent one at work, I might grease the skids with the guys over there for some future work :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

TJ5208

Me and my tractor got in a yellow jackets nest. They sure liked my tractor.

20220925_154233.jpg

Edited by TJ Salyers
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1