Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Rick3478
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Rick3478 https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wheel+horse+pto+inner+needle+bearing&qpvt=WHEEL+HORSE+PTO+INNER+NEEDLE+BEARING&tsc=ImageHoverTitle&form=IGRE&first=1  you are talking about the outer bearing , I  was talking about the inner bearing , sorry about not defining that .the inner bearing carries the horizontal cone load the outer bearing handles the pto lever engagement hand off . site pictures explain it all , that grease is made for hi loading temps , also anti sling , so a little goes a long way , pete 

Oh, I see, you're talking about the PTO.  Sorry, didn't mean to be dense.  The pulley I replaced is the clutch for the transmission drive, the one under the seat linked to the clutch pedal.  It's a pressed together sealed ball assembly that most of us can't do much with except buy a replacement.

• Like 2

Wheelhorse#1
4 hours ago, Rick3478 said:

It's a pressed together sealed ball assembly that most of us can't do much with except buy a replacement.

You can drill the the spot welds out.Split the two half’s of the Pully,pull the old bearing out then replace.

Rivet back together.If you have the time that is.

Bearing is cheaper than buying a replacement Pully. I just did this…I’m cheap ! 

• Like 2

Kevin Bowley

I installed new rubber motor mounts on my '78 c-161.  Not something I want to ever do again!  But it needed to be done as the old ones were delaminated and it had the shakes.

wh3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy

Today I’ve broke the steering in my rj

• Sad 5

TJ5208
23 hours ago, Achto said:

Had my Raider 12 out for some exercise this morning. Probably the last time that I will be able to get through the pumpkin patch with the cultivator, they are really growing fast now.

IMG_20220710_082215468.jpg.cadb8c5cdb6d297e7f78a45b23f884cc.jpg

Pumpkins seem to be doing well. Patch looks real purty with all of the blooms.

IMG_20220710_082237647.jpg.c7b31f2761a560137f0497b28e8ead77.jpg

After a hard morning's work out, my Raider got to enjoy some spa time. Fully groomed & ready to go to a show next week. :)

IMG_20220710_104711982_HDR.jpg.0b06fac811b557dbaa54e8e6bc0f5e29.jpg 

:wicked:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Snoopy11
On 7/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Put some of the black back in the C 105 Black Hood…

Rattle can Rustoleum satin black…

1BB79C97-3B96-4AF6-A73D-8E1161A1F9C1.jpeg

That is gorgeous, buddy! WOW! I'm really diggin' it! :banana-dance:

If I ever get the hood straightened out on the 416... I may copy that look with the satin black... :bow-blue:

Don

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Rick3478
20 hours ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

You can drill the the spot welds out.Split the two half’s of the Pully,pull the old bearing out then replace.

Rivet back together.If you have the time that is.

Bearing is cheaper than buying a replacement Pully. I just did this…I’m cheap ! 

Yeah, long way to go for a couple bucks vs. my time is worth something too.  In only a little more than the time it took to write this, I searched it on eBay, ordered and was done with it.  Car needs pads and rotors at the same time, I got the fronts done...I'm busy !

D_Mac
8 hours ago, kbowley said:

I installed new rubber motor mounts on my '78 c-161.  Not something I want to ever do again!  But it needed to be done as the old ones were delaminated and it had the shakes.

wh3.jpg

I had a heck of a time when I replaced mine as well. I went with the solid mounts. Glad I did too. 

20210314_232135.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

I had decided yesterday it would be the Cinnamon Horse C160-8 that attended The Owl's Head Transportation Museum annual Truck And Tractor Show this year. 

I stopped on the way home to pick up a pair of tubes for the front tires I thought I had. 

I say it that way because when I got home I found that they were a fair mile narrower than I'd hoped. 

Well... That's what I have to use so that's what we went with.  

They're Carlisle of some sort but the tread is a FULL inch narrower than another Carlisle here. That's less than desirable because the wheels I have are a FULL inch wiiiiider than I remembered.  

😂

Well I got them all mounted up with the standard amount of sweat and "sentence enhancers". 

The new BBT helped me remove the Mackissic chipper shredder and swap all four wheels and tires. 

Here's some before and after etc.....

IMG_20220711_192021728_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220711_201305197_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220711_191031311.jpg

IMG_20220711_201318359_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220711_201428707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220711_201356279_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

ineedanother

Hey @ebinmaine, don't fret too much... the fronts remind me of a girl I once knew (kinda narrow on the top and bottom, but not so much in the middle), and the rear tires, well, let's just say those look pretty good on that red machine and leave it at that. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Kevin Bowley
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I had decided yesterday it would be the Cinnamon Horse C160-8 that attended The Owl's Head Transportation Museum annual Truck And Tractor Show this year. 

I stopped on the way home to pick up a pair of tubes for the front tires I thought I had. 

I say it that way because when I got home I found that they were a fair mile narrower than I'd hoped. 

Well... That's what I have to use so that's what we went with.  

They're Carlisle of some sort but the tread is a FULL inch narrower than another Carlisle here. That's less than desirable because the wheels I have are a FULL inch wiiiiider than I remembered.  

😂

Well I got them all mounted up with the standard amount of sweat and "sentence enhancers". 

The new BBT helped me remove the Mackissic chipper shredder and swap all four wheels and tires. 

Here's some before and after etc.....

IMG_20220711_192021728_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220711_191031311.jpg

IMG_20220711_201428707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220711_201356279_HDR.jpg

Eric, do you have a link to purchase those rear wheel spacers?  Nice looking tractor!  I like the color, looks great.

Edited by kbowley
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ineedanother

Short story (my intention at least), sorry no pictures but I might get some in the coming days...

The WHs I've recently come to own are a bit of a hobby rather than a necessity. I have lots of stuff, as do my neighbors, that we share back and forth so no one has to have one of everything. It works out really well and my neighborhood is great.

The neighbors across the street are really good folks, love them. 5 kids, but they're moving to Germany on in a couple weeks. They had 17 tons of topsoil dumped in their driveway last week to address some yard issues, by wheel barrow, not Wheel Horse. Tonight I offered my Auto12 and wagon to make the task a bit easier. 

Mind you now that my neighbor is every bit of 300 lb. and has never run a tractor of any sort. He ran mine around the yard a bit, we hooked up the trailer and off he went.

He's a great guy and uses a trailer behind his jeep regularly so I'm not worried (it's just stuff), but this will no doubt be a new experience for him. Reports by text are that he's moved some 6 x 6 x 8 and will begin moving dirt in the morning. More to come, and hopefully some pics...:D

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck

The proper PTO clutch bell for Clyde the C-195 arrived today.  Needs a little wire brush work, paint, and bearing cleaning/greasing before it will be ready to go on the tractor.  Got to pick up one of those small hitch pin thingies that pin the hoop onto the PTO stub shaft, too.

That will be in a few days.  I had to take an unexpected trip to our Ky. location today to help our son a little.  I threw the chain saw into the back of the truck in case I get some time to do a bit of work in our patch of woods there.  Had brain fade though.  Last time I used the saw, I dinged the blade up bad enough that I took it out for sharpening.  When I picked it up, I also bought a spare chain.  Somewhere around Indy, I remembered that both chains were still sitting in boxes on my bench at home.:angry-banghead:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, kbowley said:

Eric, do you have a link to purchase those rear wheel spacers?  Nice looking tractor!  I like the color, looks great.

Sure do. I'll PM you the info..

Thanks!

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Somewhere around Indy, I remembered that both chains were still sitting in boxes on my bench at home

As you know the BBT and I go camping quite a bit. 

We keep a list of needed supplies. 

We check that list every time we go. 

We've been known to forget things, even then. 

:lol:

sjoemie himself
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

You could join the EU or Japanese car scene with those!

I thought 'stretching' 'baggin' 'ricing' and 'stancing' only applied to cars? :ychain:

What-Is-Tire-Stretching-Are-Stretched-Tires-Safe.jpg

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, sjoemie himself said:

You could join the EU or Japanese car scene with those!

I thought 'stretching' 'baggin' 'ricing' and 'stancing' only applied to cars? :ychain:

Geeeeez. 

Now everybody and their brother is going to want the look I accidentally produced. 

I guess I'm an accidental trendsetter??? 

• Haha 5

sjoemie himself
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

trendsetter

For sure! Now would be the time to cut up those front spindles and rear axle housing to give it some much needed camber for better cornering and stuff.. :confusion-confused:

2012-296159-extreme-negative-oni-camber-tuning-800-12-02-20121.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

D_Mac

Brought it back home today.

20220712_150910.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy

Today my rjs front tires are leaking even more fluid like substance 

• Sad 1

WheelHorse520H

This is more of "What Have I Done to my WH this week" but I finally finished rebuilding the greyhound engine for my 607, and have been breaking it in. I increased the compression about a year ago to get more power and efficiency by shaving the cylinder head down about 0.030" and because of this I have broke 3 pull ropes, one being the original, and two being made of Paracord. Now it runs great and starts the first pull every time. I changed the oil in it 2 or 3 times as I broke it in, and it seems to be doing very well. It still needs some small adjustments here and there, but overall it runs fabulous for being a 12 year old engine.

On my 416 I took the top of the carb off and cleaned it, put in a new fuel line, changed the transmission fluid and filter, changed the engine oil and filter, and re-adjusted the governor. It used to idle around 2000 rpm for some reason, now it is back to the proper 1100.

On my 520 I have been troubleshooting an issue with starting, I am planning on swapping the starter on my 416 with this one to see if it's the starter, or a wiring issue.

That's about it here.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

D_Mac

Got out the tiny paint brush and painted the KOHLER U.S.A to match the pinstripes.

20220713_055227.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

The Freightliner Guy

Nice looks great D Mac 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1