Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

josephvigg
20 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Painted the wheels on the 1045, waiting on a set of tie rods, to complete the punch list. The rest of the parts I need I'll pick up at the big show.PXL_20220614_170631663_MP.jpg.30e6798aa60fafe381639d017e7f71a4.jpgPXL_20220614_170503728_MP.jpg.4431048446fac03f9097052ae4affa0b.jpg

wheels look great!! what paint/code did you use

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

@Andy N.  great opportunity , your pto lever safety switches are right on top of your pto lever rod starting point , I  firmed up mine with both metal and teflon washers and super lube dielectric grease , detailed every sloppy movement starting area , for a smooth / solid lever action . also firmed up the loose end of rod trunion hook up , add washers and grease , work better ? that entire area is usually , rust / corrosion and neglect , dielectric grease every slide on connection , use cable wrap to cover / protect those light gauge wires , reinforce / protect the tight chafing areas . that area is the usual starting point of the chronic electrical issues in the 520 series . if you are electrically  operating well, verify what you have and enhance every connection spot . prevent the night mare before it starts , only a suggestion , add a ground cable from battery tray ground bolt , to engine , chassis . serrated washers , dielectric grease , insuring cooling tin grounding areas , like I said , great opportunity . pete   

• Like 2

peter lena

@Andy N.  my experience with horses , is the repetition of a problem , no matter where it is , electrical / mechanical / fuel , etc. that failure takes you right back to the starting / related spot , why not verify what its , SAPOSED TO DO , and make it better ? had a number of spots , that are now solidly reliable , every time I  see a similar failure , I  pass on what I did , and have been using, IF  I suggest anything , thats what I  have been using. realize its  not the original set up , but you would really have to look at it , to notice the reliable change . stay at it , pete

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

314-8 and FlowahPowah

Now ya just need a nice old C160...

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rjg854
2 hours ago, josephvigg said:

wheels look great!! what paint/code did you use

Almond Rust-Oleum spray bombs.

Nothing fancy. ;)

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, josephvigg said:

wheels look great!! 

1 minute ago, rjg854 said:

Almond Rust-Oleum spray bombs.

Nothing fancy. ;)

I agree. Something about an old tractor with character and fresh wheels and seat.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Now ya just need a nice old C160...

:lol:

Workin on that lol

• Excellent 1

8ntruck

Got Morgan the 14-8 out and pulled the paddle boat down to the lake today.  Then remembered that I need to replace the tie rod that was wired together on one end.  Did that with no issues.  Getting ready to push Morgan back into the shed, then remembered that I needed to take Clyde the C195's PTO apart to see what I need to get it back operational.  The PTO bell was bolted onto the end of the crankshaft through the stub shaft hole - weird.   Found out why:

20220615_180258.jpg.0055b59f819a05962e142ddf7b181fbc.jpg

The outside half of the C ring groove is worn away.  Looks like I need a set of new bearings and a different PTO bell.  Toro still lists these as being available - at $$$$:scared-yipes:!

I got to wonder what happened to wear the outside of that outside groove off......

Edited by 8ntruck

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

C195's PTO apart to see what I need to get it back operational.  The PTO bell

Are these specific to 195s or that engine?

peter lena

@8ntruck  don't forget to use  a hi temp grease in that needle bearing , lucas  560 deg . xtra hd , really helps in your spin up , pete

• Like 1

Thor27
3 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

The outside half of the C ring groove is worn away.  Looks like I need a set of new bearings and a different PTO bell.  Toro still lists these as being available - at $$$$:scared-yipes:!

I got to wonder what happened to wear the outside of that outside groove off......

Lincoln at a-z looks like he's got the bell  #109759.   I've seen damage like that to a pto from using wrong pin #28. 

Interesting set up, I'd really like to see some pics when you are in it! Curious to see how the pulley and bell seat without a separate friction disk in the mix.

what is the diameter of the crank on that beast 1-1/4"? 

spacer.png

Edited by Thor27
spellin

8ntruck
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Are these specific to 195s or that engine?

As far as I can tell, it is specific to the C195.  I have heard of conversions to the more common disc type PTO clutch.  Have not seen any details on that, though.

I also made another discovery on Clyde today.  The drive belt was running inside out on the end of the PTO bell instead of in the drive pulley groove.  That probably explains why the hydraulics are still being driven when the clutch is in the off position.  Explains the occasional hot belt smell, too.

A new drive belt goes on the 'to get' list as well.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1

8ntruck

@Thor27 the other side of the clutch is a cone shape, maybe 15 degrees off of the axis of the crankshaft.  The drive pulley has a mating cone with friction material on the O. D.

I'll snap some pictures when I get back here sometime around Independance Day.  Not sure about the crank diameter - the drive pulley is still on the engine.  Maybe we've got a KT 19 expert out there who knows?

I'm going to have to take a look at the bits and pieces on the hoop to see if there are any matching wear marks. 

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1

lynnmor
14 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Got Morgan the 14-8 out and pulled the paddle boat down to the lake today.  Then remembered that I need to replace the tie rod that was wired together on one end.  Did that with no issues.  Getting ready to push Morgan back into the shed, then remembered that I needed to take Clyde the C195's PTO apart to see what I need to get it back operational.  The PTO bell was bolted onto the end of the crankshaft through the stub shaft hole - weird.   Found out why:

20220615_180258.jpg.0055b59f819a05962e142ddf7b181fbc.jpg

I bought two PTO bells from A-Z Tractor, both were worn to the snap ring like in the photo.  Of course he made it right and sent me good ones.  I believe that people are running their tractors with parts missing or damaged and adjusting the PTO clutch linkage till the hoop is pushing the bell directly.  I can see no other explanation for the wear.

peter lena

@Jennifer is that an oil / lubricant rub down on that horse ?  looks like it to me , thats part of my baseline recovery of neglected horses , pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@Thor27 that diagram from @8ntruck, was spot on for related sloppy linkage start areas. #, s , 1-6-8, is the sloppy start point , teflon washers / steel washers and super lube lubricant , make all those areas firm / smooth / solid . also firm up #  -11 , for more control on that lever . dielectric grease is also very good in those areas . all of my related bearings , swing points , lucas xtra hd chassis grease , makes all bearing /swing points work with total ease . even changed out # 14 trunnion for a  3/8x 24 heim joint , simple rethread over original thread , with 3/8x24 die nut . the detailing lube and building make that set up work like it should , all 3 of mine have it. years and hours verify its gain ,and zero failure or issues , simple, if its sloppy and rusty , lubricate it / firm it up, test its function improvement , just some insight into , reliability, greasy  pete  

• Like 1

Wheelhorse#1
4 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Jennifer is that an oil / lubricant rub down on that horse ?  looks like it to me , thats part of my baseline recovery of neglected horses , pete

Linseed oil,Pete ? 

Pullstart

Got @Docwheelhorse’s new Work Horse GT-1642 fired up and ready to drive onto the trailer next week!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Yeah buddy Ed Dog, they got a C on my final exam!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

You practicin for the show Kev ?

May be an image of road

Runnin light this year eh ?? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Fishroe

Put it to work

About 3/4 of a cubic yard of half wet compost. Didn’t feel like shoveling it in this heat and humidity 

I always lay a tarp in the trailer before they dump it in

Run a rope through the grommets, tied rope to wheel horse.

I knew what was going to happen but I did it anyway. Ripped all the grommets off

the tarp is way bigger than the trailer so I twisted opposite ends of the tarp and tied them together in a knot. Run the rope through and she came right on out in 1st gear low. 
I did have to put a 45 and 35 weight plate on it.

Should’ve got the wife to video. That compost is very heavy but the old wheel horse is tough!!

F23D0D7C-A135-4C58-9A36-83538A83E993.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Fishroe
17 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Used it to weed the garden!  Lol…. Weeds are cheap chicken feed…🤪. Sickle was put on old Rusty..  New 39” belt…. Have to get a new tension spring tomorrow…

050D8F3C-10BF-4283-AFC9-3C61A114208B.jpeg

1224A41A-804D-4C37-94AA-CE7C83A16B1F.jpeg

D46A319F-BC79-4F24-9291-7EAA3E9F4B7F.jpeg

500A0C40-F12C-48F4-AB04-0B4B6C57B029.jpeg

1CC8FD02-5DB7-4ADE-AAE6-C167D5104C8A.jpeg

Nice looking Horses

Green beans looking good, same height as mine

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1