Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

D_Mac
On 4/5/2022 at 8:39 AM, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Got the deck sorted out out for the B80.Installed the Mule drive and deck.Ready to try it out on the back 40.

Just waiting for the grass to grow now.

Deck doesn’t match but that’s all the paint I had for now.

9314FDB6-3AC1-4172-BFBD-D16FB9AB3DDE.jpeg

I think the deck matches just fine !!!

20211216_131732.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

JoeM

Finished up the refurb on the spare 52 incher and took it over to dry storage. 

I did notice on the el cheapo blades it was embossed "This side to grass". I figure some might need help on that decision.

1630686533_NewBlades1.jpg.63e8d495098446c6e3dade9fc7919384.jpg

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Spend 2 plus hours cutting a cast pulley off the spindle on a 36 inch RD deck. Soaked it since November trying to loosen the brown weld.Used a sawzall and a cutting wheel , I would send pictures but my camera broke .:ROTF: 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

squonk
14 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Spend 2 plus hours cutting a cast pulley off the spindle on a 36 inch RD deck. Soaked it since November trying to loosen the brown weld.Used a sawzall and a cutting wheel , I would send pictures but my camera broke .:ROTF: 

Set the spinning cutting wheel on the camera didn't you Waldo! hehe

• Haha 2

squonk

Went to put a new battery in the 1075 Wheel a Matic yesterday. These are a tight fit. Gen belt guard has to come off. The old battery must have swelled some as the top was right against the lower Genny bracket. Had to tug on the battery pretty good to get it out. On the way out it caught the fuel line and pulled it off the tank thanks to the POJ spring steel fuel line clamps. #&+#@^®©!!!

Got doused with about a pint of gas.  Still soaking clothes in vinegar. Whoever came up with these clamps ought to be in jail! Gladly paid $2 a piece for real clamps.

Today new battery slid right in. $29.95 for a 300 CCA at the Mart.

IMG_20220408_145846448.jpg.7f808dd2648db2620e88d9ee5c10cc2c.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse
11 minutes ago, squonk said:

Set the spinning cutting wheel on the camera didn't you Waldo! hehe

No Mr. I owe you Mr. Waldo , the camera was only 20 years old , should have worked for 20 more. Did not get my moneys worth.on the camera purchase. Looks like you are going to have to rid in the open trailer. I give up on finding a truck, not paying $20,000 for a 200,000 mile truck.

• Like 1

squonk
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

No Mr. I owe you Mr. Waldo , the camera was only 20 years old , should have worked for 20 more. Did not get my moneys worth.on the camera purchase. Looks like you are going to have to rid in the open trailer. I give up on finding a truck, not paying $20,000 for a 200,000 mile truck.

There are some around here for 35 with 70,000 :)

• Like 1

Handy Don
54 minutes ago, squonk said:

$29.95 for a 300 CCA at the Mar

Good shopping!

• Like 2

Wheelhorse#1
20 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I think the deck matches just fine !!!

20211216_131732.jpg

Agreed ! Looks great!.Love what you’ve done there.Unique is a good thing.They all don’t have to be red and white.

• Like 2

sjoemie himself
7 hours ago, nyquil junkie said:

Today I applied a liberal coating of mud and muck to the tires and undercarriage while putting the muck forks to a much harder test.  I bent one tooth a wee bit, but overall, it digs pack like a...like a giant pitchfork.

3405719.jpg

Is that a PF engineering front end loafers?

Looks like it does a good job.

• Like 1

D_Mac
13 hours ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Agreed ! Looks great!.Love what you’ve done there.Unique is a good thing.They all don’t have to be red and white.

Thank you. After I fixed it up I asked @Vinylguyto make me a custom set of decals that would match the original side badging. He knocked it out of the park. I had a red deck at first but decided would look better black. It's been fun making it " different " but still keeping it a true Wheel Horse.

20210520_112218.jpg

20210831_174821.jpg

20210622_100615.jpg

20210430_164702.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

Lee1977

Mowing the front yard first lap first turn the off balance 520 lifted the inside rear wheel slid into the ditch hooking the 48" deck in the bank. Tried getting out on the fender no, couldn't get enough traction to back out. Had to go get the C-120/180 and a chain to drag the front up out of the ditch to get the deck clear, then drove it out.  Got the yard mowed with the exception of the ditch and side of the road.  There was trash out for 100 feet on the side of the road  Got a bucket and started picking up the trash. It was busted up electrical boxes and cover plates. Found one new heavy duty receptacle, half a dozen good cover plates,  socket half of an out door light, couple of electrical boxes and a couple of stainless steel brackets. I got up all the big pieces 

• Like 3

entropy

Deck work. Blades sharpened. New scalper wheels and a good greasing with marine grease

• Like 1

entropy

I decided to do a thorough once over. Pulled the manifolds to adjust valves then cleaned up carb (just top off, leaving body on manifold), pulled deck out and angle grinded blades, greased everything, engine oil/trans fluids and filters.

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Wheelhorse#1
2 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Thank you. After I fixed it up I asked @Vinylguyto make me a custom set of decals that would match the original side badging. He knocked it out of the park. I had a red deck at first but decided would look better black. It's been fun making it " different " but still keeping it a true Wheel Horse.

20210520_112218.jpg

20210831_174821.jpg

20210622_100615.jpg

20210430_164702.jpg

I was wondering about the decal.I’ll have to check the @vinylguy out.

Almost had a 1075 but someone els beat me to it.The search continues !

• Like 3

davem1111

I'm working on both the 312-A and the 416-8.  Had to do some re-wiring on the 416-8 to get the aftermarket fuel pump to come on when the key is turned on instead of using a separate toggle switch.  That works great now.

The 312-A, I finally got around to testing the "new" Eaton 7 hydro I put on it, and it doesn't work at all.  Posted about this in my thread under Transmissions.  I am not very happy about this. :angry-cussingwhite:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

johnnymag3

Where are their helmets ???????      :law-policered:     Awesome Electric Horse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor
4 hours ago, entropy said:

I decided to do a thorough once over. Pulled the manifolds to adjust valves then cleaned up carb (just top off, leaving body on manifold), pulled deck out and angle grinded blades, greased everything, engine oil/trans fluids and filters.

IMG_1614.jpg

It appears that you didn't remove the blades and ground off the bottom, if so that is not correct.  The blades need to come off and the angle ground on the top side till sharp.  Also, the blades should be balanced and that can't be done while installed.  Anyway, your blades are seriously worn and it is time for replacement.

• Like 4

entropy

Thanks Lynnmor. I did grind both sides, but I did not really think about the balance as well as not really knowing how worn they are(they have been on deck for as long as I have owned and probably well before that I guess...many years). 

If you do not mind, any recommendations on blades? Also any tips on removal of old blades.....  I attempted to remove, but it was so tight I just opted to grind in place

• Like 1

kpinnc
7 hours ago, D_Mac said:

It's been fun making it " different " but still keeping it a true Wheel Horse.

That could be my motto. None of my tractors are original.

And I already talked to Terry about your decals. Mine won't be exactly the same, but I'm copying the look!

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, ranger said:

the C121

On those front AG tires.

I'm curious to know if you've ever run them the other direction. 

I've read that having AGs on a non drive axle like yours, they should be "reversed" as you have them. 

Do you find that they work well?

Thoughts comments suggestions.  ....

• Like 2