Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Lee1977
3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I was finished with the "must do" part of the job and was making a path around the house to walk the dog. Have to get out the snowshoes and break a trail for that. I don't have a spare in stock, but worst case I could scavenge one off the other (summer) machine.

That's why we need more then one Wheel Horse, I've borrowed complete PTO off a nother machine when mine tossed out the lining or the bearing gave up.

There is a difference between the 300, 400, and 500 PTOs and the older ones It's the thickness of the clutch backing plate. It need to match the thickness behind the grove on the sleeve. If you use the newer clutch plate on the older sleeve you

will wear out the c-clips holding the sleeve in place. I'm not sure about and older clutch and a newer sleeve but It might wear the c-clips from the sleeve pushing in. I don't know what year the change was made, but I know it's there my 1977 had the thicker plate.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

Chestnut
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Just an FYI.... You can set up a PayPal in a few minutes and it will take a credit card. I use it that way quite often.

Silly me. Both of them use Paypal. I should have remembered that a Paypal account isn't required, you can do the transaction as a guest. I'm just trying to avoid setting up more and more online accounts. Anyway, I have the part on order. Probably not here in time for whatever comes Friday, but I'll figure that out when it comes. 

• Like 3

Blackhood Bill
On 1/30/2022 at 2:54 PM, Lane Ranger said:

All ready for snowstorm Landon headed our way next week!  First time using a 314 hydro with hydro like and snowblower.   I have used a 314 hydro with snowplow before but looking forward to seeing what this will do with a good snowfall!

8E11C489-56C4-4773-83E8-F8FF8C5DBF76.jpeg

04FE3F0F-C736-4DCB-A520-F47E0EA9ADDF.jpeg

ACC6E99D-49BE-4E1B-AF54-56EF3870A096.jpeg

4495F5D4-E3FD-4D5C-BDB5-EA15C6AD15AF.jpeg

CFD4330B-566D-4846-A5C1-BAC59402EBC6.jpeg

Lane I’m sure it will move whatever you put in it’s way. My c-145 hydro eats it right up. No problems I have that same single on it.

• Like 2

Chestnut
7 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

That's why we need more then one Wheel Horse, I've borrowed complete PTO off a nother machine when mine tossed out the lining or the bearing gave up.

There is a difference between the 300, 400, and 500 PTOs and the older ones It's the thickness of the clutch backing plate. It need to match the thickness behind the grove on the sleeve. If you use the newer clutch plate on the older sleeve you

will wear out the c-clips holding the sleeve in place. I'm not sure about and older clutch and a newer sleeve but It might wear the c-clips from the sleeve pushing in. I don't know what year the change was made, but I know it's there my 1977 had the thicker plate.

Thanks for the tip. My two machines are both 520H's and only about 3-4 years apart. I'm going to date myself and say I had an early learning experience doing an engine transplant on a Corvair. Found out the factory used several different flywheel/disc/pressure plate combinations in the first few years of production. Got the wrong mix the first time. Hope I don't run into the same kind of issue this time. Too cold out there to spend a lot of time correcting mistakes.

• Like 5

KrazeyOlDave

Hey fellas, any suggestions on a GOOD set of tire chains? Everywhere I go, they are all China junk and not a true left and right side chains. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

left and right side chains

I've never even seen a set for a garden tractor with 2 sides.  

Maybe watch the fleabay?

• Like 2

Southern_Secret
6 hours ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

true left and right side chains

:confusion-scratchheadyellow::confusion-scratchheadyellow:.....I guess im not as smart as I thought

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Snoopy11
4 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

I think it is going to come out nice.

DARN RIGHT! :bow-blue:

Keep it up buddy!!!  :banana-dance:

Don

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8ntruck

@Maxwell-8 looks like you have access to a press brake?

Looks good.

• Like 4

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, 8ntruck said:

Looks good.

@Maxwell-8 has access to everything... :lol:

Here I am looking at (just now) buying a plasma cutter... :rolleyes:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maxwell-8
4 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Looks good.

Yup, one for bending and one for cutting. Makes fabricating a real pleasure. 

no plasma cutter yet haha

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, Maxwell-8 said:

no plasma cutter yet haha

HAH!

Well, I am probably going to be buying one here soon. I have some work to do on my zero turn's mowing deck before Spring... :rolleyes:

Just send me your metal... @Maxwell-8 I'll cut it for you... :ychain:

Don

• Haha 3

kpinnc
41 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

the 4" hood lift to fit the diesel started today.

I had to pay attention to keep the steering shaft at the correct angle. That's why I had to move the top part of the dash back.

Fabricator fowl! Do you have a brake for EVERYONE?????

Just joking @Maxwell-8, I'm simply jealous. That tower mod looks fantastic. I look forward to more! :bow-blue:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@Blackhood Bill  looks ready , don, forget to lubricate your blower auger chain before and after use , make them spin up easier , also  the pto driven spring tension pulley frame behind blower housing , typically neglected , and rusty , lubricate those side frame holes , follows belt drive easier , added a knob to my chute control lever / rod , easy , just some stuff I  use, pete

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11

@peter lena I am serious as a heart-attack... you need to create a lubrication manual for Redsquare.

I, for one, would absolutely love for you to do that. :)

Don

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

kpinnc
34 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

@peter lena I am serious as a heart-attack... you need to create a lubrication manual for Redsquare.

I'll second that one. It would be an asset. Pete has the knowledge! :thumbs:

He puts stuff up that I've never even thought about before. Most definitely gets us thinking!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I'll "third" that.  

If a thread had the info on a front to rear lube and maintenance guide it would be handy.   

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine

I'd add a link to that from my New-to-the-herd checklist 

• Excellent 3

R Scheer

I was impressed yet again with the Wheelhorse.  I took the dog for a walk and saw my 80+ yo neighbour trying to clear a 4' high drift at the end of her driveway.  The plowing company had piled all the snow from her driveway at the end, so she couldn't see any cars coming when she backed out.  I took it slowly, but the deuce chomped through the pile with no issue.  I should have taken a before picture.

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 6

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, R Scheer said:

I was impressed yet again with the Wheelhorse.  I took the dog for a walk and saw my 80+ yo neighbour trying to clear a 4' high drift at the end of her driveway.  The plowing company had piled all the snow from her driveway at the end, so she couldn't see any cars coming when she backed out.  I took it slowly, but the deuce chomped through the pile with no issue.  I should have taken a before picture.

Thank you for doing that.  

• Like 4

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

front to rear lube and maintenance guide

That's easy:

If it moves, lube it.

If it doesn't, paint it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 5

Jeff-C175
On 1/31/2022 at 3:43 PM, Blackhood Bill said:

looking forward to seeing what this will do with a good snowfall

Mine did very well with the dump we got...  One thing I noticed though was that I had to take it a bit slower than expected, but I believe it is because there is a WRONG and WIMPY spring on the idler!  Augers kept stalling out when I pushed a little too hard.

New spring on order...  The correct spring is a 6651 part number and is 7/8" OD, 0.10 wire, hook to hook 5-3/4"

If you can find a "Century Spring 5532" that's an exact match for the WH part.

And this one is VERY close, Century C-263

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQWVLY/

What's on yours Bill?

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1

Snoopy11

Boys... weather is saying 12+ inches...

Chains on. HellHorse ready to launch.

100_1501.JPG.e9632542d745656583ab46985b21963e.JPG

100_1502.JPG.ef63f2bb4a157249a8d92e6d491a5994.JPG

Don

• Like 3