Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

OldWorkHorse

@ebinmaine lovin that hydo lift. My blower atrachment could benefit from that 🤣. Did u skip the chain trick on the front wheels? I got to find another set for my 314 just so can wrap with a chain she blows snow all day and night but not a huge fan on turning!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

@ebinmaine lovin that hydo lift. My blower atrachment could benefit from that 🤣. Did u skip the chain trick on the front wheels? I got to find another set for my 314 just so can wrap with a chain she blows snow all day and night but not a huge fan on turning!

Yeah buddy this hydro thing is going well. 

I have some #60 roller chain to put on those oversized 20" tires. Pretty rare that I need to badly.  

The driveway is absolute glare ice under the snow right now.  

This old C160 Automatic really is a BEAST. 

If I put:

Better steering traction, limited slip differential, more weight, maybe some side extensions on the plow... It would be comparable to much larger machines.  

• Like 6

pfrederi
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I have some #60 roller chain to put on those oversized 20" tires. Pretty rare that I need to badly.  

The driveway is absolute glare ice under the snow right now.  

This old C160 Automatic really is a BEAST. 

If I put:

Better steering traction, limited slip differential, more weight, maybe some side extensions on the plow... It would be comparable to much larger machines.  

The bigger blade needs more weight on the front.  I put a 54 " on my charger 12 this year it pushes her harder sideways but I upped the front weights and have roller chain .  Doing well, actually works the engine... May need more HP..

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Great video! I always thought they were hilarious, but never knew they could plow snow! :lol:

Jusk kidding! I'm jealous of the C160, so I just had to!

MV5BMjExNjAyNTcyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQzMjQ3MDE@._V1_~2.jpg

Edited by kpinnc
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
39 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

The bigger blade needs more weight on the front.  I put a 54 " on my charger 12 this year it pushes her harder sideways but I upped the front weights and have roller chain .  Doing well, actually works the engine... May need more HP..

Agreed on the HP. 

This 60" plow takes some grunt to move. 

Engine still needs a head gasket. 

After that we'll see how it goes.  

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
41 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Exactly,  the 54" blade on my 520 was steering her until I added the front chains and 50lb weight.     I don't often run out of HP with the Onan,  but I do worry about snapping an axle at times.     With over 500lb on the rear two link VeeBar chains, I can't rely on the wheels to spin when needed.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc

I serviced the 867, gave her a bath, and tucked her back in.

I wet sanded and compounded the hood on the 310-8, but it still needs more polishing. Maybe when it warms up more...

IMG_20220130_165020422~2.jpg

IMG_20220130_175358758.jpg

IMG_20220130_165346302~2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
51 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Exactly,  the 54" blade on my 520 was steering her until I added the front chains and 50lb weight.     I don't often run out of HP with the Onan,  but I do worry about snapping an axle at times.     With over 500lb on the rear two link VeeBar chains, I can't rely on the wheels to spin when needed.

You run front roller chains or something else?

TonyToro Jr.
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

No I just have rear chains in the back and it does just fine.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Modified 2 link  chains from a walk behind blower.

104_0217.JPG.20c464f73198cdce006b0d0ec20a6220.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

TonyToro Jr.
15 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

'Noreaster. MIL has someone to plow the drive but got the 520H out to clear the walk and some places to walk the dog in the yard. New to me tractor (bought two winters ago but never had enough snow to use it). Worked well until the PTO clutch gave up. Enough snow on the ground today for a little seat time.

IMG_20220130_112646139.jpeg

IMG_20220130_112634173.jpeg

IMG_20220130_144805657.jpg

IMG_20220130_113531215.jpeg

Oh No! We’ll that’s not good! Hopefully it broke at the end?:angry-steamingears:Hopefully you have one in stock………

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

How cold was it ?… think it became more brittle because of cold temps ?

TonyToro Jr.
23 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Air temp was like 5 but with wind chill felt like -3 but it started up and just let it warm and for a couple of minutes and it was fine.

• Confused 1

ebinmaine

@Chestnut

Good to see you posting. 

Looks like you got a decent pileup there. 

Got a line on a clutch plate I hope?

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Another job  well done with the C-145  made a couple of passes for the puppy to walk around and to get to the shed. Here’s a warm up vid and a couple of pics!:stupid:imageproxy.php?img=&key=74de1d643bd8402f

C703DD86-EC65-464F-94D3-A6D1035AB12C.jpeg

IMG_0265.MOV

7B0256B2-FAA8-485B-82EB-DB45815F4EC3.jpeg

Noting the blueing on one of Jim Kemp's stacks here Tony. Might be an indication of running a bit lean and hot ...they shouldn't do that. Maybe back out the high speed adjust a tad. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

TonyToro Jr.
9 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Noting the blueing on one of Jim Kemp's stacks here Tony. Might be an indication of running a bit lean and hot ...they shouldn't do that. Maybe back out the high speed adjust a tad. 

I’ll tell my dad about that we’ll get to it.

• Like 1

WHX??
7 minutes ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

I’ll tell my dad about that we’ll get to it.

Yes sir let him know.... blued chrome is always a sign of too hot an exhaust. If any engine runs too lean meaning not enough fuel it can lead to higher than desired exhaust temps. Sometimes resulting in burned exhaust valves or seats. There is a science to getting the proper fuel/air mixtures right and we can delve into them more if you like. 

BTW them look like some nice blower cuts! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Chestnut
12 hours ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Oh No! We’ll that’s not good! Hopefully it broke at the end?:angry-steamingears:Hopefully you have one in stock………

I was finished with the "must do" part of the job and was making a path around the house to walk the dog. Have to get out the snowshoes and break a trail for that. I don't have a spare in stock, but worst case I could scavenge one off the other (summer) machine.

• Like 2

Chestnut
11 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

It was almost up to 20 when I was out blowing snow. The clutch surface is really glazed. Looking back, the snowblower was bogging down in the deep stuff we had. I think the clutch might have been slipping and actually overheated. When I went to my own place a mile away my little 8hp walk behind was tossing the snow further. 

Snow was almost exactly to the top of the bucket on both machines.

• Like 2

Chestnut
11 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

@Chestnut

Good to see you posting. 

Looks like you got a decent pileup there. 

Got a line on a clutch plate I hope?

It was a pretty good dump. Biggest in at least a couple of years. Right to the top of the snowblower bucket, or just below the knee.

There are two vendors here on Redsquare who have them. One has online ordering with a cc, the other does Paypal or check. I don't have Paypal so avoiding the extra mail delay may be the deciding factor.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

It was a pretty good dump. Biggest in at least a couple of years. Right to the top of the snowblower bucket, or just below the knee.

There are two vendors here on Redsquare who have them. One has online ordering with a cc, the other does Paypal or check. I don't have Paypal so avoiding the extra mail delay may be the deciding factor.

Just an FYI.... You can set up a PayPal in a few minutes and it will take a credit card. I use it that way quite often.

• Like 2