Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Bolens wheel weights

That's what we run. 

3 sets on different tractors in fact. 

4 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

So, do these wheel weights make my :wh: look fat…? :confusion-confused:

Of course not. Hefty maybe. Husky perhaps. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Maxwell-8
44 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

So, do these wheel weights make my :wh: look fat…? :confusion-confused:

They sure make the driver look less fat :lol:

• Excellent 2

sjoemie himself
4 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Good luck finding affordable 12" AG in the Netherlands. Cheapest I can find was 350€/400$ for a set

For my mini IH 14/1568 I bought some Carlisle Tru power 26x12.00-12. I have a local tire guy who always has good prices on pretty much any tire I ask him for. 

Another great website is Middelbos import en groothandel. Great assortment of tires and rims. Bought my front ribs and split rims off them. Also pretty good prices.

@kpinnc thanks! I know those tires, pricey indeed. Unfortunately Miller doesn't ship overseas so that's a no go. I'll ask my local guy if he can deliver.

About the 3pt. Was wondering if that was bolt on or not. I guess it is once you've made it fit 😁

Guess i'll be modifying a cheap cat 0 'hefset' 3-point kit to fit. I can buy those for around €100/$115,- which is better bang for buck than making everything myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TonyToro

My son didn’t use the c-145 for the 10+ inches we got Friday so yesterday I took it out to tighten up the driveway and then make paths in the back yard for the puppy. The first minute was great! Then the spark plug wire popped off. We’ve had issues with this wire for a while. I didn’t want to mess with it so we stole one off a 312-8 and back in business!

07489C70-ECEC-4785-9B75-D21321D89684.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc
7 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

About the 3pt. Was wondering if that was bolt on or not. I guess it is once you've made it fit 😁

Definitely not bolt on. These old threads have the build in them:

• Excellent 1

8ntruck
25 minutes ago, 76c12091520h said:

We chilled.....:occasion-snowman:

20220109_132145[1].jpg

Is that a Wheel Horse snowmobile trailer?  Looks nice.

76c12091520h
11 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Is that a Wheel Horse snowmobile trailer?  Looks nice.

It's an original Snowco trailer re-done in W.Horse colors, in the family since about 1979 or 80.

• Excellent 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, Crazy_Carl said:

finally got my raider 12 driving

15715E19-5029-4200-9D3F-1C36712031B4.jpeg

0E4FBA1D-F51F-4E8C-974D-110C634050F3.jpeg

Just curious, does that upper belt support move with the upper idler/tensoiner pulley?     Typically the belt only needs to be supported on the lower drive loop for the clutch to function.

• Like 2

kpinnc
15 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

They sure make the driver look less fat 

Maybe I should get 3-4 sets myself then! :P

• Haha 3

kpinnc
8 minutes ago, Andy N. said:

Delivered the 417-A to my sister

Wow! It pays to be related to you sir! So is 52 too old to put myself up for adoption? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

kpinnc
10 hours ago, Crazy_Carl said:

finally got my raider 12 driving

Carl that Raider looks meaty! Love those tires too!

I'm planning something similar of your headlight for my "whatchamacallit" build, if I ever get back to the crazy thing...

IMG_20211208_165913066.jpg

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 3

Crazy_Carl
7 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Just curious, does that upper belt support move with the upper idler/tensoiner pulley?     Typically the belt only needs to be supported on the lower drive loop for the clutch to function.

The upper guide helps it “loop” around the engine pulley to help it release.  It also keeps the belt from becoming too slack and kicking off the pulley.  The extra upper idler really helps give the clutch a nice feel because now the factory clutch pulley is just working a smaller portion of the belt.  Here is the system I copied.

3DBA69DB-0DDE-4DE7-B8B5-04063A79C24F.jpeg

• Like 5

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Crazy_Carl said:

Here is the system I copied.

Thanks, Now it makes sense.    From the earlier pic, I thought the upper idler was the clutch pulley.

• Like 3

chip61
13 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

It's an original Snowco trailer re-done in W.Horse colors, in the family since about 1979 or 80.

I have one of those trailers. They are very well built heavy duty trailers. My son took mine away from me and used it to haul his 4-wheeler. If it survived him it had to be tough!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Crazy_Carl said:

The upper guide helps it “loop” around the engine pulley to help it release.  It also keeps the belt from becoming too slack and kicking off the pulley.  The extra upper idler really helps give the clutch a nice feel because now the factory clutch pulley is just working a smaller portion of the belt.  Here is the system I copied.

3DBA69DB-0DDE-4DE7-B8B5-04063A79C24F.jpeg

Do you have other pictures or details or any measurements or anything like that?

I'm going to need to do something like this on Colossus...

Maxwell-8
38 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Do you have other pictures or details or any measurements or anything like that?

This may help Eric: 

• Like 3

johnnymag3

thinking of running 2 of Kemps Stacks off of my M18. First..... does the head accept 1 inch  pipe or is it flange / gasket only. Second.....6 inch stack per cylinder or 8 inch stack. :greetings-clappingyellow:

Or is this a bad idea due to the Jug being Aluminum

Edited by johnnymag3

pfrederi
21 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

thinking of running 2 of Kemps Stacks off of my M18. First..... does the head accept 1 inch  pipe or is it flange / gasket only. Second.....6 inch stack per cylinder or 8 inch stack. :greetings-clappingyellow:

Or is this a bad idea due to the Jug being Aluminum

Flange/Gasket not threaded for pipe.  Jug is cast iron...

Crazy_Carl
1 hour ago, Maxwell-8 said:

This may help Eric: 

that is the exact video I used.  i’m using part number 280-240 idler pulleys, and two 5” cast iron pullies with a 1/2” belt

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@Crazy_Carl  staring right at you , do you see the opportunity?  your new idler pulleys have the wider   side rubber shields on them . only if you want to, pocket screwdriver , carefully remove the shields on the bearings , wipe out the " grease " in them carb cleaner to remove all residue, repack with the same amount of  LUCAS  X-TRA HEAVY DUTY GREASE, POLYUREA RATED AND 560 DROP POINT , PUT SEALS BACK ON , REINSTALL BEARINGS , you just eliminated noise and failure , done that on all my related bearings with the wide rubber side shields , mower decks , pto mule  drive belts  pto cone drive needle bearing , no failures , no whining  bearing noise , just very solid smooth and quiet  operation. doing that for years now , same set up on 3 horses , just an idea , just looking at the option to make those pulleys bombproof, also use same grease on all chassis points , linkage .keep it greasy , pete  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

This may help Eric: 

2 hours ago, Crazy_Carl said:

that is the exact video I used.  i’m using part number 280-240 idler pulleys, and two 5” cast iron pullies with a 1/2” belt

Hey thanks to both of you. That's excellent.

I had never given any consideration to keeping the slack in the system at the back on the transmission pulley instead of at the front. Not sure which way I'll go yet but that idea is kind of intriguing.

I really like the way the pulleys are wrapped. 

I was already going to go with some sort of a c channel to hold the belt top and bottom and guard it from contact while leaving the space in the middle open.

• Like 2

Lee1977
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We didn't know you were building Colossus to be Trial Bomber. His design is to go fast you need to slow your down by at least 25% just to get back to normal WH speed.

• Like 1