Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Vinylguy
24 minutes ago, BHunter said:

Thanks Terry. I love them too. You make beautiful decals! I just picked up a 1077. I’m going to place an order sometime in the future. 
Bob

I am going to make a set for my 312-H this spring. Time for a change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Well, the more I use this hydro the more I like it. 

We had about 4.5" of nice dry powdery snow. 

I couldn't overload the thing. 

It just. Keeps. Pushing. 

I did have some difficulty getting it started though. I know it needs a head gasket...

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

WHX??
5 hours ago, BHunter said:

Thanks Terry. I love them too. You make beautiful decals! I just picked up a 1077. I’m going to place an order sometime in the future. 
Bob

And ther are no :text-coolphotos: of said 1077 because!?!  :lol:

Calendar shot right there though Bob....:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2

Gregor

What have I done to my Wheel Horse today?  You don't wanna know. :D Stay tuned, the other modifications are coming along. :banana-wrench:

• Haha 1

WHX??
42 minutes ago, Gregor said:

You don't wanna know. :D 

Might be right ther but we have seen some of your work so we'll allow a little latitude here. :D

BHunter
58 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

And ther are no :text-coolphotos: of said 1077 because!?!  :lol:

Calendar shot right there though Bob....:handgestures-thumbupright:

Hey Jim. Thanks for the compliment. 
I posted a couple of my 1077 pics right after you requested them. I think I quoted you on the reply. 
I put new points on it today and still don’t have spark. I ordered an ignition switch so hopefully that will fix it. If not, I’m going to need your number so I can get more advice. 
here is the pic I posted . It’s little brother was thrown in on the deal. He kind of looks like a little red frog. We call him froggy 

CBC723A6-DE7E-4AF7-AB78-9B573F942399.jpeg

Edited by BHunter
  • Like 5

WHX??

Saaaweet Bob...looks alot like my 1077 when she came home. Shouldn't take much to get her running tho. Should have the 70 amp switch for direct from bat starting. Nice thing about these girls is you got 12vdc to the coil and good points she is gonna run dirty carb not withstanding but should be able to hand feed and get a couple of pops. That's always encouraging. 

Is froggy a C series maybe an 80?  Never a fan of the froggy lights  they always come thru here all busted up.... but seems to come home on that one. 

This 1077 is a go to....

20180328_125209.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3

BHunter
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Saaaweet Bob...looks alot like my 1077 when she came home. Shouldn't take much to get her running tho. Should have the 70 amp switch for direct from bat starting. Nice thing about these girls is you got 12vdc to the coil and good points she is gonna run dirty carb not withstanding but should be able to hand feed and get a couple of pops. That's always encouraging. 

Is froggy a C series maybe an 80?  Never a fan of the froggy lights  they always come thru here all busted up.... but seems to come home on that one. 

This 1077 is a go to....

20180328_125209.jpg

They do look similar. I like the red heads you have on yours. Did you put the running boards on? We have the same seat too. What is the toggle switch on the console? I have one too but I think it’s a kill switch. 
Im looking forward to hearing it purr soon. I just need to figure out the coil issue. I might just put an external coil on it and rewire everything. 

BHunter
2 hours ago, Desko said:

Been inactive for awhile now because life got in the way but turning back to this long overdue project. Frame and trans are already done so I plan to at least strip all the tins and start with an etching primer to make sure it has a good hold and lasts another 40 years! 

412A17CA-FEB3-4D5E-A445-29589970AE2F.jpeg

It will definitely last another 40. You’re doing it right. That part right there always has the most rust on it. Guess they didn’t really put much paint on it at the factory. It will be nice when you’re done.

Bob

• Like 1

giddyap
18 hours ago, BHunter said:

Thanks Terry. I love them too. You make beautiful decals!

19 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

love the woodgrain decals. 

I'm also grateful, Terry, I asked for "reverse" colors on my hood decal. You replied with a sample which I was able to tweek. Your magic was a huge contribution in personalizing my C-165. Thanks

DSC06774.JPG

DSC08222.JPG

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

Desko
13 hours ago, BHunter said:

It will definitely last another 40. You’re doing it right. That part right there always has the most rust on it. Guess they didn’t really put much paint on it at the factory. It will be nice when you’re done.

Bob

Thanks! It definitely does. No not much paint on them lol the paint remover doesn't have much issue lifting it up and off to give me a nice clean surface to work will. 

• Like 1

Raposo
On 1/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, Newstuffsucks81 said:

We have the first real snow in north central mass coming Friday. Typically I have my tractor and wb snowblower ready a month ago. I had removed the deck 2 weeks ago, but the bagger frame was still on and my dozer blade wasn’t. I have to remove the under seat bracket because it interferes with my 2” receiver that attaches to the rear tach-o-matic. It’s all done now, I dug out the suitcase hanger I made for my weights. I have 6 45lb cast iron weights, plus the 70lbs of iron in each wheel. It’s heavy when loaded. I also started up my 1984 5/21 toro (first pull) and changed the oil. Awesome light weight snowblower and throws the snow a country mile.9ED63D9E-A1A5-4568-8D95-028C8FF30A10.jpeg.dc84edfbb74f8f8905e5c7e1bda6a269.jpegBFB5DE03-866B-4C0F-B1C5-3D72D7203AE4.jpeg.d5054c5ed6d7a907ed8d532b56e7a8c6.jpeg8A75A439-16C3-4F7A-B54F-376C357B8D51.jpeg.436b96e90e248ad6ee6cda92431afff4.jpeg

I'm close by in Mendon MA!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Horse Newbie
22 hours ago, cleat said:

Some parts of the country would shut down with that much snow. Ha Ha.

We would in NC !

• Haha 4

sjoemie himself

That is a beefy looking machine you got there @kpinnc I like it.

I'm going to sound like the newb I am but is that 3 point factory or your custom creation?

Also, those front tires look killer, what size and brand are those?

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
23 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

I'm going to sound like the newb I am but is that 3 point factory or your custom creation?

Goedemorgen

I think it's custom, only D-series, GT14 and the C195 had a 3pt hitch. They are cat 0.

Curios for the brand as well. Good luck finding affordable 12" AG in the Netherlands. Cheapest I can find was 350€/400$ for a set

• Confused 1

kpinnc
29 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Thank you sir!

Some of the parts of the 3 point are from a D series, but about 3/4 of it is fabricated. The hydraulics are separate from the belly cylinder, and it uses a dual spool valve so they are controlled separately. 

The front tires are Firestone 16x6.50-8. Miller tire carries them. Be warned, they are pricey. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

KrazeyOlDave
18 hours ago, Raposo said:

I'm close by in Mendon MA!

Do you have any detailed information on your rear wheel weights? I love how they fit and 70 lbs is perfect…that’s exactly what I’m looking to buy.

KrazeyOlDave

My only Horse work is rear wheels…I bought some 520 deep dish rims, 8.5” bead to bead. Now I’m trying to figure out what size tires to put on them… not sure if my 23x10.5-12’s would work and look correct or not. 
Anyways, my intentions are to have them loaded with rim guard. Finding hassle free wheel weights is getting tough.

Maxwell-8
26 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

ot sure if my 23x10.5-12’s would work and look correct or not

That would be perfect. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

My only Horse work is rear wheels…I bought some 520 deep dish rims, 8.5” bead to bead. Now I’m trying to figure out what size tires to put on them… not sure if my 23x10.5-12’s would work and look correct or not. 
Anyways, my intentions are to have them loaded with rim guard. Finding hassle free wheel weights is getting tough.

10.50s will work and look fine on those rims as long as the tire is made by a brand that builds "close to actual". Don't use Deestones. They run very small. 

Absolutely recommend getting the Rimguard fluid fill. 

My experience out here with wheel weights is to keep a half an eye out ALL the time and buy when you find them whether specifically needed at that point or not.  

Pricing on metals in general is high then you add the vintage/classic/antique flavor to the old style cast iron wheel weights and they become coated with unobtanium ridiculousi. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Maxwell-8
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

old style cast iron wheel weights and they become coated with unobtanium ridiculousi.

Over here in Belgium, they fight for them as teenage boys for the nicest girl in school haha:lol:

Partially because rimguard isn't a thing here.

Luckily I have a set of Bolens wheel weights. they are going to be nice on my C-141D:dance:

• Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
28 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Pricing on metals in general is high then you add the vintage/classic/antique flavor to the old style cast iron wheel weights and they become coated with unobtanium ridiculousi. 

6 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Over here in Belgium, they fight for them as teenage boys for the nicest girl in school haha:lol:

So, do these wheel weights make my :wh: look fat…? :confusion-confused:

• Haha 2