Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine

To @kpinnc from ebinmaine. 

Come along about mid February you stop up. 

We'll let you move some ❄️❄️❄️

Ifixoldjunk

@CB520HC

id gladly trade places with you lol, New York just absolutely bombards you with snow.

my poor 310 can’t keep up!

CB520HC

lol if i lived in the up states id definitely be investing in a snowcab, the rod in the 16hp is telling me it wants some love I gave it a vacation from mowing for a while till i get time to tear it down. So hence why it'll only be used a couple times this year its running with amsoil small engine oil seems to be quieter on this than sae 30 520 got switched to rotella t5 10w-30 so all my stuff ready for plowing as ive only got 1 or 2 mows left in the season. 

echris
6 hours ago, squonk said:

overly generous with the wire nuts

:lol: I can just picture this. "Well, it works....So.... We're done?!?"

• Haha 2

echris
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Swapped out the RD deck for the SD deck with the mulching plate to mow the lawn and process round 1 of the leaves. 

If you have a cardboard template from your mulching plate, I'd love a copy. About to do the same here. Mow with a 42RD, mulch with a 42SD. Might save me some work.

If not, copious amounts of cardboard shall be sacrificing their lives for this project. :D

Horse Newbie
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

the no name

I hear you guys talk about "no name". What's that ?

kpinnc
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

To @kpinnc from ebinmaine. 

Come along about mid February you stop up. 

We'll let you move some ❄️❄️❄️

Oh no thanks. I actually had two snowblowers years ago- the old smaller WH versions. Often was told to set them in a puddle with dish soap and blow bubbles.

I love NC snow. Here today, gone tomorrow... :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

echris
14 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I might be wrong, but I believe it's a WH without a name. Yet...

Which got me thinking. Mine doesn't have a name. I'd like to name her CJ after my grandpa who got me into WH tractors. But it doesn't feel right naming an '89 310-8 when grandpa had a ~70's C-121. Guess I'll have to find one sometime in the future.

• Like 1

kpinnc

1974 and shortly after tractors had designations like "8 4 speed" during the sale of WH to AMC. They are commonly called no name tractors.

Afterward came A, B, C, and D series. 1985 I think came the numerical series 308-8 through 418-H. And so on...

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 1

Lee1977
1 hour ago, Horse Newbie said:

1973 models with just the HP on the side 8, 10, 12 between the Chargers, Raiders and the C-Series.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8ntruck
3 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

The no names were early 70's machines.  Mine happens to be a 1973 14-8.  It is a 14 hp machine with an 8 speed transmission.  They came in several hp ratings and 8 speed or automatic transmissions.

It did not have a model name like 'Charger', 'Electro',  or 'Lawn Ranger' - hence the nickname of no name.

The no names are the forerunner of the C series.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1

8ntruck
3 hours ago, echris said:

If you have a cardboard template from your mulching plate, I'd love a copy. About to do the same here. Mow with a 42RD, mulch with a 42SD. Might save me some work.

If not, copious amounts of cardboard shall be sacrificing their lives for this project. :D

Yes, I started with a cardboard template.  I also described it on the forum about a year ago.  It might even be earlier in this thread. 

Basically, it is a panel long enough to cover the discharge on my 42" SD deck.  On the front end, there is a tab bent 90 degrees and drilled to match an existing hole in the deck.  On the back edge of the plate, there is a triangular tab bent on a 45 degree angle to vertical so it matches the angle of the deck, again drilled to match an existing hole in the deck.  There was also some cut to match and beat to fit work done on the plate before I was happy with the final fit.

In use, it tends to pile the leaves up in front of the deck and blow clippings out from under the front corners of the deck.  Not a perfect mulching system, but good enough for what I wanted.

Edited by 8ntruck

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

6 hours ago, echris said:

I might be wrong, but I believe it's a WH without a name. Yet...

Which got me thinking. Mine doesn't have a name. I'd like to name her CJ after my grandpa who got me into WH tractors. But it doesn't feel right naming an '89 310-8 when grandpa had a ~70's C-121. Guess I'll have to find one sometime in the future.

5 hours ago, kpinnc said:

1974 and shortly after tractors had designations like "8 4 speed" during the sale of WH to AMC. They are commonly called no name tractors.

Afterward came A, B, C, and D series. 1985 I think came the numerical series 308-8 through 418-H. And so on...

4 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

1973 models with just the HP on the side 8, 10, 12 between the Chargers, Raiders and the C-Series.

Lee nailed it. 

"No Name" horses are 1973 model year only. 

68 to 72 had Charger Raider Electro etc...

1974 is when the "Letter series" started. A. B. C. D. 

• Like 2

kpinnc

I was off by a year. Sorry about that.

I'm getting older, and sometimes it just happens.

Now, what were we talking about?:rolleyes:

Edited by kpinnc
  • Haha 2

adsm08
11 hours ago, CB520HC said:

lol if i lived in the up states id definitely be investing in a snowcab, the rod in the 16hp is telling me it wants some love I gave it a vacation from mowing for a while till i get time to tear it down. So hence why it'll only be used a couple times this year its running with amsoil small engine oil seems to be quieter on this than sae 30 520 got switched to rotella t5 10w-30 so all my stuff ready for plowing as ive only got 1 or 2 mows left in the season. 

I'm no where near ready for plowing yet. The deck is still on, the oil hasn't been changed yet, all the snow gear is still in the shed, and I need to get the 800 out of the way so I can stage gear properly.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

I was off by a year. Sorry about that.

I'm getting older, and sometimes it just happens.

Now, what were we talking about?:rolleyes:

No apology is necessary. You are hereby forgiven.

Talking about..Talking about..

Something to do with cheese or acorns wasn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kpinnc
48 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Something to do with cheese or acorns wasn't it?

And bears and rednecks or something.

• Haha 1

TJ5208
13 hours ago, CB520HC said:

Well finally installed my 44" 2 stage blower on one of my tractors hood came off due to fitment issues just sitting on the tractor for the pic everything works belt guard is off as well but id love to see if ohio will allow me to use this this winter. love to hear the k341 dig in.

c175 with blower.jpg

It winked at me

• Haha 5

CB520HC
2 hours ago, TJ salyers said:

It winked at me

hasnt had a headlight since i bought it just fixed the wiring on it now just have to install the other light.

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
On 10/20/2021 at 6:33 PM, Ifixoldjunk said:

CD62E991-9F42-47AF-B202-3C3ED4E1301D.jpeg.e8281d5b10630496577847e01bdb6d25.jpeg

that must love to wheelie!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

that must love to wheelie!

Nahhh....

That's only 50 lb or so. I've put 300 or more on my trailer tongue and the front end stays down. 

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Nahhh....

That's only 50 lb or so. I've put 300 or more on my trailer tongue and the front end stays down. 

I can't keep them down stock hahaha:auto-dirtbike:

Maybe that pulleyswap has something to do about that.:lol:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
Just now, Maxwell-8 said:

That could be a possibility. 

• Haha 1

Maxwell-8
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That could be a possibility. 

I do use the trick you told me once. starting on low rmp, slowly releasing th clutch and then add in the power, a bit like you do when driving a stick car/truck.

Also sold a snowplow braket online. I made the pakkage ready today to go out with the mail tomorrow. It's going to someone who has never heard of redsquare, so I gave him a litlle hint on what to do.

DSC_0391.JPG.0cab1eba7678ecb549864f794cc157a5.JPGDSC_0393.JPG.98c560afc167ddbbbb90098790493dad.JPG

Translation from dutch: Thanks for your purchase!

Become a Red Square member!

Greetings Maxwell-8

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 6

adsm08
2 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

When I first got my 855 running I tried it around the yard, with no deck, and almost dumped myself off the back of the seat on the first launch. Front wheels were definitely off the ground,.

• Haha 1