Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

953 nut
10 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

I swapped the deck for the 48" plow blade, and helped smooth the wheelbarrow piles.

Sounds like you NEED another :wh:.                                  :text-lol:

953 nut
On 9/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, 8ntruck said:

Methinks that Big Brother is watching....

One of my cousins received an Amazon Alexa from his kids. After a few days of having that thing around his email was clogged with ads and he found that the vast majority of the "shopping suggestions" it made were the most expensive items on the face of the earth. It is now on the shelf in the garage and only comes back in the house if the daughter is visiting!          :ROTF:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Gregor

Did you have to modify that stand to hold a Kohler block?

squonk
48 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Did you have to modify that stand to hold a Kohler block?

Drilled 2 holes. You can see part of one of the bolts that holds the bracket on. It's between the slots. I did it to hold a big block on the PTO end with 4 bolts. Didn't like 2. Small block would have worked with no mods. I just left the brackets there.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Amazon Alexa

My daughter and SIL have an Alexa in their living/family room and a Google thing in their kitchen! My wife and I keep to whispered conversations in that house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8ntruck
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Sounds like you NEED another :wh:.                                  :text-lol:

I don't disagree with the one implement per tractor theory, but I don't have the storage capacity to put it into practice.  Besides, Mrs. 8n does not understand that theory.  Did you feel it today?  She gave you THE LOOK  when I showed her your reply.

My long range plans are to extend the frame on the plow to make it fit the C-195.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8ntruck
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

One of my cousins received an Amazon Alexa from his kids. After a few days of having that thing around his email was clogged with ads and he found that the vast majority of the "shopping suggestions" it made were the most expensive items on the face of the earth. It is now on the shelf in the garage and only comes back in the house if the daughter is visiting!          :ROTF:

Yup.  I have no desire to have one of those things in my house.

• Like 1

kpinnc
11 hours ago, squonk said:

Got the 8 Horsie all together. Just waiting for the tin to come back from the sand blaster.

That post just makes me mad. :angry-banghead:

...Because I don't have one of those engine dollies! 

Very nice!  :thumbs:

WHX??

Cleaned the carb on the go to 1077. Only would run on choke. Shoulda done it when I got it 3 years ago when the PO told me he cleaned it. His idea of a carb cleaning was a shot of air down the main needle hole. :rolleyes:

Word of advise if using the cheap carb kits off flea bay that @Shynon dearly loves just use the bowl gaskets and s can the rest. If you think you need the rest use a OEM Kohler kit. 

Swiss watch now. :)

• Like 2

ZXT
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Cleaned the carb on the go to 1077. Only would run on choke. Shoulda done it when I got it 3 years ago when the PO told me he cleaned it. His idea of a carb cleaning was a shot of air down the main needle hole. :rolleyes:

Word of advise if using the cheap carb kits off flea bay that @Shynon dearly loves just use the bowl gaskets and s can the rest. If you think you need the rest use a OEM Kohler kit. 

Swiss watch now. :)

Every time I get an old Carter AFB carb from someone whose had it on the bottom of their pile for 35 years and they see it running on a car, they ask.. "Hey, did you have to do much to it other than a kit?" and i'm like... a kit? What's that? At worst they just need an accelerator pump, and maybe a gasket.. 

Not much to go wrong in a simple carburetor!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, ZXT said:

Every time I get an old Carter AFB carb from someone whose had it on the bottom of their pile for 35 years and they see it running on a car, they ask.. "Hey, did you have to do much to it other than a kit?" and i'm like... a kit? What's that? At worst they just need an accelerator pump, and maybe a gasket.. 

Not much to go wrong in a simple carburetor!

In a few months I'll try to remember you and that info. 

I have a Carter AFB to clean up for use on my 86 Ford 300 6 engine. 

• Excellent 1

Shed

Removed 

Edited by Shed
People got offered because it wasn't a wheel horse

Snoopy11
48 minutes ago, Shed said:

Removed 

I saw it... didn't get offended... (I ain't part of cancel culture... I ain't PC or WOKE... so...)...

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shed
1 minute ago, Snoopy11 said:

I saw it... didn't get offended... (I ain't part of cancel culture... I ain't PC or WOKE... so...)...

Don

Thanks I like any tractor really but some I guess it's not the right spot to post 

Snoopy11
4 minutes ago, Shed said:

Thanks I like any tractor really but some I guess it's not the right spot to post 

Same here buddy! I personally think... if I guy owns a Wheel Horse, and also has other tractors, there is nothing wrong with sharing the others. Makes me happy!

I understand that some people get their tighty-whities in a bind over this... just not me. 

And yes, I know that there is an "other brand" topic on Redsquare... but I am not going to BS a guy for posting in the spot of his choosing. :soapbox:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11

ZXT
6 hours ago, Shed said:

Removed 

Now I'm curious what it was! Post it up in the other brands section.

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H
6 hours ago, Shed said:

Removed 

I saw a picture of it in my inbox, it was pretty darn cool lookin’.

• Excellent 1

Shed

I'll post it as the "removed tractor" in other tractors tomorrow take a few better pictures lol and they are a dime a dozen but this was cool because it was in a museum lol

• Excellent 2

Andy N.
On 9/20/2021 at 9:01 AM, Handy Don said:

My daughter and SIL have an Alexa in their living/family room and a Google thing in their kitchen! My wife and I keep to whispered conversations in that house.

I just read somewhere that a fun prank to play with people with those listening devices in their houses is to tell it to set an alarm for 3 am with loud or spooky music. Just an idea...

• Haha 6