Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

WheelHorse520H
10 hours ago, tom2p said:

it's a war out there

I am working on the Onan and could not believe the little cracks and crevices the grass gets into! Places so small a pencil could not fit but of course grass can.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
15 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Young kid behind the counter, so professional, had to take that abuse. Terrible behavior from a guy obviously old enough to know better. 

I told the kid what a great job he was doing, ignore that a hole, and how much I appreciate my postal service

Well done Craig. Thank you.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
15 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Edited by ebinmaine
Delete duplicate

WheelPuke

Just mowed these last few weeks with the 414-8 Horse. I had Triumph costs take away from the Wheel Horse maintenance fund. I should be able to get back on the maintenance for Horses in a few weeks. I’ll need to do a 25 hour service at that point too. 

E68C3033-5126-46B1-8539-F1CC43F2C965.jpeg

• Like 4

8ntruck

The new Spirol pins I ordered came in and got picked up today.  I knocked out the friction pin I had installed in the PTO clutch hoop to get me going and replaced it with the proper Spirol pin.  Found out that the pin I ordered from the Toro dealer is 1 1/8" long, which is just long enough to support the stub shaft bracket.  A pin 1 1/4" long would make installation a little more forgiving.

Mowed the lawns once I buttoned it back up.  I think I'm going to need a new drive belt for the deck soon.  This one turned inside out on the PTO pulley 3 times while I was mowing.  

• Like 3

Renrag

I had to build a starter for my horse, the magnet shattered in the original, so I took it and the old starter off my 93 craftsman 12h that spun the gear and shaft on top, and put together one that works fine after having to make the lock in clip on top of cone. 8 love my horse, but I think it might be time to sell and find another, I've rebuilt, wired, and painted everything but the motor, other then few carb dilemma's it's ran fine it's a 82 bp05 with every part and bolt  I've taken off of it since day one except original fenders, didn't have any at purchase, so I fabricated a set to fit

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
6 hours ago, Renrag said:

it's a 82 bp05

What is this?   Got any pictures?

peter lena

@horsenewbee, local hardware store should have a small pull out drawer section , with a wide selection of those bushings , also a good spot to find related linkage clips , springs , etc look around , pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@8ntruck on that belt deck belt issue , while you are there check out the belt idler tension , set up , sounds like the slide washer bushing  under the flat spring bar area could be worn out and preventing , spring tension follow on the pulleys. also do a deck scrape  (   if you want to )  spray the under side with aerosol  lubricant , to stop rust , small flat file to touch up blades , lubricate wheels , and related lift frame  linkages, for easier use. the above is just something I regularly do . dip stick check your rear end oil .  pete  

19richie66

Test fit 2.0  :think:

15583E18-064F-4E15-BC15-136C980EBE34.jpeg

077568CF-E4F3-401F-AE9A-3800239EA7C6.jpeg

DFBC593E-E16C-4B87-852A-8C407F08EA95.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Test fit

IT'S PERFECT!!!

Pullstart

It’s a KEEPER!

image.jpeg.7d8b0450cb2e06addd4d7d39f42e10f7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Figured no one bought it at the show, may as well use it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse

@19richie66What engine is that? Looks dieselish.

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

dieselish

Is that like relish? I like relish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

my GT14

I like that, Paul.

Appreciate how it's literally a safety item but also it does add a nice finished look to the end of that panel.

I bought a roll of that edge covering material to use on a few different things. Thinking this weekend I might be able to put some on.

• Like 1

19richie66
26 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

@19richie66What engine is that? Looks dieselish.

Yanmar 2 cylinder diesel. TK270M made for Thermoking tripac units.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Should move a garden tractor okay

• Haha 2

Graham Hawkridge

Need to speak with some one who has adjusted their speed control lever etc, under the rear seat of 518-H tractor? It is slowing down rapidly when cutting grass on lawn. Grass not too high either, so it needs adjusting a little. Have no idea how to do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

graham

Jeff-C175
40 minutes ago, Graham Hawkridge said:

Need to speak with some one who has adjusted their speed control lever etc, under the rear seat of 518-H tractor? It is slowing down rapidly when cutting grass on lawn. Grass not too high either, so it needs adjusting a little. Have no idea how to do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

graham

Is this what you're looking for Graham?

D_Mac

So I had to put a different set of tires and wheels on the 500 so I can get it on my truck and transport it more easily. After Squonk put his Tecumseh Curse on it I am going to have to take it to a friend's to work on it. Seat is also temporary but at least it is dry and no moss and plants are growing out of it.

20210701_123003.jpg

20210709_155320.jpg

20210709_155330.jpg

• Like 1

Handy Don

If it is the motion lever that is slipping, then....

1479573576_Motionadjust.jpg.793ee9302b8f32ea82da20d65f70e43f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

8ntruck
12 hours ago, peter lena said:

@8ntruck on that belt deck belt issue , while you are there check out the belt idler tension , set up , sounds like the slide washer bushing  under the flat spring bar area could be worn out and preventing , spring tension follow on the pulleys. also do a deck scrape  (   if you want to )  spray the under side with aerosol  lubricant , to stop rust , small flat file to touch up blades , lubricate wheels , and related lift frame  linkages, for easier use. the above is just something I regularly do . dip stick check your rear end oil .  pete  

Yup.  I should get that done soon.  The belt I was having problems with was the one that connects the deck to the PTO.