Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Oldskool
Just now, OldWorkHorse said:

@Oldskool jeez what a ride! Thinking u should install a big red button right on the top of the hood so the next time Hiram get outta line and tries to flatten it's owner just give it a little love tap and she shuts right down lol! Seriously tho glad it's only black and blues these horses arnt the lightest most nimble things out there! 

LOL. I think his feelings got hurt when I was going for a differant horse to do the job. I'm thinking the stirrups may get switched over to running boards though.

• Like 5

OldWorkHorse
Just now, Oldskool said:

I'm thinking the stirrups may get switched over to running boards though.

I was thinking same thing since my 1257Heavy has them. I was thinking how that don't sound like something I want to do lol

• Like 1

Oldskool

I guess let's all be glad he didn't install that big shift knob he was talking about or might have been worse then your pride. :laughing-rolling:

Oh I did put that shift knob on. Hence no extra room🤣🤪

• Haha 4

Oldskool

I was thinking same thing since my 1257Heavy has them. I was thinking how that don't sound like something I want to do lol

The black and blues are popping up every

• Sad 3

Wheel Horse 3D
34 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I thought it would be a good chuckle for everybody. The wife got a chuckle out of it as well. I think she choked a bit on her ice tea

My Mrs has a habit of going into hysterical laughter whenever im injured! Including that time she first met my parents and i broke my little toe! Pulled off the sock when it didnt shake off, toe goes all wonky, and my parents get to watch Mrs rolling in the floor laughing!

• Haha 6

Wheel Horse 3D
30 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

The black and blues are popping up every

At least with @OldWorkHorse 1275 heavy..it would be color coordinated!:ROTF:

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Haha 5

Horse Newbie

The last couple of times I've ridden my Horse(1994 520H), I noticed that the volt gauge would intermittently jump up around 16 volts...

Now I've heard on here that the gauges can't be relied on to be accurate. ( Don't want to blow up a battery)

So I ordered a Chicon regulator off of fleabay and it was here when I got home from work. It had metric threads where the mounting bolt goes through so I ran a 1/4 x 20 tap through there.

I tried my best to perform the alternator and stator tests as described in the Onan P220 service manual, but my Harbor Freight DMM was not working right.

I got enough good readings during the test to seem pretty confident that the stator is good- I will do the test again later with a more reliable DMM.

Got the new regulator on ( had to grind a little metal off of the mounting tab opposite the mounting bolt so it would drop in its proper position in the blower housing) and fired her up. The volt gauge now reads 14 volts when running at idle, mid, and full throttle...drops a hair when I turn on the lights.

20210621_200214.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2

rjg854

@Oldskool doesn't sound like a laughing matter to me, glad you're all right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool
11 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

@Oldskool doesn't sound like a laughing matter to me, glad you're all right.

Thanks. I had to laugh it off though. It was such a stupid move. It could have been worse. I could of had chains on.

• Like 1

Lee1977
11 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Well here we go.

It was something like this.

I had some bricks in the back of the truck for the new house entry. They had to be taken to the side yard for staging.  I went to get a lawn tractor and cart to move them.  It had a flat. So Bradley was up next. His cart had a flat.  So now Hiram was the next in line. I hopped on, and fired him up to get his cart.

Well this is where things went terribly wrong.

I left the throttle up a bit to much. 1st gear high range. He reared up. My feet came off the stirrups. When he came down my feet hit the ground. Those big old AGs caught my pants and boots. Both feet were pulled under. All the time still moving forward, still pulling me under. I couldnt shift to neutral because I was pulled forward so far so hard my crotch my holding it in gear. My only other choice was the key switch. By this time we traveled aprrox. 15ft. When I came to a stop the only way to get my feet and legs out from under the tires and tractor was to roll the tractor back using the rear tires like a backwards wheelchair while still in gear. Needless to say the bricks are still in the truck.

There was a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

I do believe I will have some black and blues to remind me for a while.

I hope everybody gets a chuckle for the evening from this. I did after it was all said and done. 🤦‍♂️

Just like I told Eric, Mr pond tamed the horses, modify and you have a wild horse again. I have one the 312-8 it has clumbed a fence post, and thrown me one other time. 

You have to keep you eye on them all the time, you never know what they will do next.

Here is a picture of the fence post climb.

SAM-0634.jpg

• Sad 10

Handy Don
12 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I hope everybody gets a chuckle for the evening from this. I did after it was all said and done. 🤦‍♂️

No chuckles. Only a thankful "whew!" I'm glad that turned out without serious injury.

lynnmor
11 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

The last couple of times I've ridden my Horse(1994 520H), I noticed that the volt gauge would intermittently jump up around 16 volts...

Now I've heard on here that the gauges can't be relied on to be accurate. ( Don't want to blow up a battery)

So I ordered a Chicon regulator off of fleabay and it was here when I got home from work. It had metric threads where the mounting bolt goes through so I ran a 1/4 x 20 tap through there.

I tried my best to perform the alternator and stator tests as described in the Onan P220 service manual, but my Harbor Freight DMM was not working right.

I got enough good readings during the test to seem pretty confident that the stator is good- I will do the test again later with a more reliable DMM.

Got the new regulator on ( had to grind a little metal off of the mounting tab opposite the mounting bolt so it would drop in its proper position in the blower housing) and fired her up. The volt gauge now reads 14 volts when running at idle, mid, and full throttle...drops a hair when I turn on the lights.

20210621_200214.jpg

It appears that you didn't get the regulator in right, it needs to go in at an angle and then straightened to get the tabs below the tin.  The voltage fluctuation may have been simply a bad ground at the mounting bolt.

• Like 1

squonk

Well we had the " Crash and Burn Before The Big Show" event for this year so now we can all relax and enjoy ourselves! :banana-linedance:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

kpinnc
4 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

You have to keep you eye on them all the time, you never know what they will do next.

Good grief Lee! That horse is rowdy!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Snoopy11
16 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Well here we go.

It was something like this.

I had some bricks in the back of the truck for the new house entry. They had to be taken to the side yard for staging.  I went to get a lawn tractor and cart to move them.  It had a flat. So Bradley was up next. His cart had a flat.  So now Hiram was the next in line. I hopped on, and fired him up to get his cart.

Well this is where things went terribly wrong.

I left the throttle up a bit to much. 1st gear high range. He reared up. My feet came off the stirrups. When he came down my feet hit the ground. Those big old AGs caught my pants and boots. Both feet were pulled under. All the time still moving forward, still pulling me under. I couldnt shift to neutral because I was pulled forward so far so hard my crotch my holding it in gear. My only other choice was the key switch. By this time we traveled aprrox. 15ft. When I came to a stop the only way to get my feet and legs out from under the tires and tractor was to roll the tractor back using the rear tires like a backwards wheelchair while still in gear. Needless to say the bricks are still in the truck.

There was a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

I do believe I will have some black and blues to remind me for a while.

I... actually did a similar thing, but I was able to get it into neutral...

Don

Snoopy11
15 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I thought it would be a good chuckle for everybody. The wife got a chuckle out of it as well. I think she choked a bit on her ice tea

Uh... yeah, when that happened to me... nobody saw it... thank God...

LOL

Don

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

Just like I told Eric, Mr pond tamed the horses, modify and you have a wild horse again

A good analogy right there

Wheel Horse 3D
53 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Tick tock... waiting to head East!

@Oldskool @Lee1977 thanks for getting the oops out of the way for us!

540035B9-38A3-4743-908B-DA8AE8ADC70D.jpeg

Safe travels and godspeed sir!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Safe travels and godspeed sir!

Thank you!  Can’t wait to see all my tractor buddies in Peeee Aaaahhh!

• Like 3

squonk

Better hang some suitcase weights on the front of that thing! :rolleyes:

540035B9-38A3-4743-908B-DA8AE8ADC70D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

D_Mac

Couple of touch ups to the seat on the 1075. I'm on the fence on if I like it or not. May paint the center black. It's coming along.

20210622_170411.jpg

20210622_171359.jpg

20210622_171407.jpg

20210622_171325.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don
4 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Couple of touch ups to the seat on the 1075. I'm on the fence on if I like it or not. May paint the center black. It's coming along.

Make the circle a happy. face or some other design?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Make the circle a happy. face or some other design?

🐻🤪🚜🎂🙃🤪🤬😬

• Haha 1

Oldskool
10 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

Just like I told Eric, Mr pond tamed the horses, modify and you have a wild horse again. I have one the 312-8 it has clumbed a fence post, and thrown me one other time. 

SAM-0634.jpg

Oh crap! That looks like quite a ride. Hope no injuries occurred. 

Well when the horse throws you off, you get right back on. I did just that tonight. Just to show Hiram a thing or 2 , I made him drag an old wreck of a Husqvarna riding mower around the field a few times just to get his Ya Yas out 🤣

• Haha 3