Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart

Wow Gregor... wow!  I made it about half way through the story before BLUR happened :ROTF:

Time to do a little Big Show prep on these two (yeah, while my kids go to sleep...)

099D3AD9-69E3-4A29-9FDD-C5DB294832BE.jpeg

13C0B60A-52EC-4DBE-A258-1046524B5349.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

Charged batteries, a bit of air in Screamin’ Jimmy’s shoes and they are ready for the races!  Rylee has complained about her seat making her slip forward so I tossed a different one on too.

92C2CA0F-8226-44A5-9040-A2334F193CA1.jpeg

D699AE56-F815-4028-9233-EAEA4F13B053.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Oldskool
23 hours ago, Gregor said:

Your acronym of "IMHO" reminded me of something. I apologize, as this is a bit off topic, but kind of a fun read.

I joined my first tractor forum several years ago. People were using acronyms all the time, assuming everyone else knew exactly what they meant. Being new to garden tractors, and forums, many times I didn't have a clue. A complete dialog was sometimes lost to me, simply because I didn't know the difference between FEL and FIL. There are still a few out there I am not sure of. After being on the forum a while, I was able to pick up on the meaning of most of the acronyms, and things started to make sense. I wrote and published this on the other forum several years ago. Thought I would post it here, just for fun. Keep in mind, it's just a made up story.

Acronysim confusionism

When I first joined this forum, I have to admit, I had a little trouble deciphering all the acronyms. At times it made for some confusing reading on my part. As time and experience wore on, I was able to get most of them figured out. It may be a service to new members if there was a post explaining some of them. I know it would have helped me. As an example.

My FIL ran across an add on CL. He spotted a CUT for sale. He went to look at the CUT, but ended up buying an SCUT instead. He took the SCUT to my BIL's place with the intention of building an FEL, to install on the SCUT. My BIL told him that a GT or even a LT would probably have worked for my SIL's use. They continued with the FEL build anyway. My MIL of course told him he paid too much for the SCUT. My FIL assured her that the PO insisted it was a great machine, Although the PO stated that he had had some trouble with the TDM. He thought it was a bad RIO, but turned out to be the TDM. During the build of the FEL for the SCUT, my SIL ended up buying a CUT. My FIL exasperated, decided they could build an FEL for the CUT also. After a lot of cutting, welding and BFH work, my FIL declared the FEL build was complete. When they went to try it out for the first time, the SCUT would not start. Another problem. My BIL even tried to pull start the SCUT with his ATV to start it. The ATV couldn't quite get the job done so my FIL used his PU. Still would not start. My BIL looked at YT for a possible cure. He found a thread in a GT forum where the OP stated he had the same type of trouble. After a little reading he decided the problem was in the RIO. My FIL sent my MIL on a RT in her SUV to town to get a new RIO for the SCUT so they could test the new FEL. The SCUT was a bit old but the dealer happened to have a NOS RIO on hand. That fixed the problem. After fixing that though it appeared there another problem with the SCUT, the PTO would not always engage. IIRC correctly that was a pretty simple fix, just some lose linkage. When it was all said and done my SIL has an SCUT with a working FEL and PTO. My MIL, FIL, and BIL were happy with the build. To this day though My SIL prefers to use her GT rather than her SCUT. She has a mulching kit on her LT so she uses that quite often also. IMHO I would put a mower deck on the CUT and use it to mow. But that's JMO. Keep in mind this is just a story. None of these things actually happened. No SCUT, CUT, GT, LT or even a PM was harmed by my FIL, MIL, BIL, or SIL during the build of this FEL. I wasn't sure whether to post this in the GT forum, or O/T forum. P.S. IIRC the last of these acronyms I was able to figure out was IIRC.

OMG. IMHO FYI That's f'ed up. 🤣🤣

I have a problem deciphering  some myself. If I cant figure it out I trying Googling it or just guess.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

About to put my beauties to bed in the shop! Too hot to mow!!!

6C1878D7-D906-4BFB-99D8-E1578D8C9A11.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

Wheel Horse 3D

An would ya jes LOOK at that @pullstartHorse Hauler in the background!

Not sure Ill be gettin thise rims done tonight or not. Might have to think about some shifting of stuff in the shop! The puddle to gravel ratio at work is already abt 75/25.

16234463900762484448379727727646.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TJ5208

Here's some pics of rebel how would fix this 

20210531_094226.jpg

20210528_110917.jpg

Edited by Tj salyers

TJ5208

@pullstart do you still have Leroy the raider 10

Wheel Horse 3D
5 minutes ago, Tj salyers said:

Looks like that exhaust pipe is pointing the wrong way. Mine curves back toward the engine. Or out the opposite side?

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1

TJ5208

How would you fix the hood 

Wheel Horse 3D

Straighten, sand, and repaint would be the easiest option. A small block of wood or metal behind and a bit of tapping with a flat hammer should get it pretty straight.

• Excellent 1

Maxwell-8
15 minutes ago, Tj salyers said:

Mine, except the 312, all have it. I don't really bother since they are all workers. Like WH 3D said. If it appears not be burnt trough, maybe welt a tiny bit? 

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse

Broke down the C-125 for usable parts. Got alot I could save, important is the tranny works perfect other then leaks from everywhere so fresh seals got a working 8 speed. And the engine is complete other then a dipstick and turns over nice with compression so pretty sure that I can save 2. Plus I'll keep the frame and axle for my next project. So all in all I got paid to go get a plow for my 314. 👌

20210611_175343.jpg

20210610_193247.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Wheel Horse 3D
14 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

for my next project

So what do I need to start modeling?:ROTF:

Do I see a WW2 mini Jeep build in your future?

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D
59 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Mine, except the 312, all have it. I don't really bother since they are all workers. Like WH 3D said. If it appears not be burnt trough, maybe welt a tiny bit? 

1 hour ago, Tj salyers said:

How would you fix the hood 

Just happened to think another option would be to go WITH the exhaust as it is and grind ya a little dip there so it clears just a bit, Maybe a 1/4 inch deep curve same radius as the exhaust? Maybe not ideal, but if that is where that hood is staying I say why not.

OldWorkHorse
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

So what do I need to start modeling?:ROTF:

Do I see a WW2 mini Jeep build in your future?

Ooo that would be pretty cool. Was just looking at a jeep jr wheel horse I stumbled appon a thread with it. Pretty cool! Next project going to be a rat rod lowered build for sure. Got a working horse a lifted horse and a colorful fun horse for the fam now I want fast and low haha. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
2 hours ago, Tj salyers said:

I'd stack it like I did should take care of any exhaust burns. Just make sure u get it far enough away from hood that you don't burn the other side. I hardly even smell engine fumes with mine works mint :thumbs:

20210412_115820.jpg

• Haha 8

Pullstart
3 hours ago, Tj salyers said:

@pullstart do you still have Leroy the raider 10

I do.  I think the flywheel key way sheared.

Pullstart

A few weeks ago I spotted a fresh painted square hood in a yard in town.  The other day, a new project I s’pose.  I really need to catch him in the act so I can say hi some time...

70825201-6C9A-42DB-8F49-4BB5028B1816.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
Photo
  • Like 4

Bailey855

I’m not much on auctions. This was a friends family members.  Scored this today. Great price. Also got a original tractor cab for a 520…hard top…will be for sale

829C5805-B5FC-4743-AEEE-E2653AE9F9ED.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Bailey855 said:

Scored this today

Nice little square hood. Should clean up excellent. 

Please post pics as you go.  

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

New tie rods on the C 6.5…

As usual, excellent service from Lowell at Wheelhorsepartsandmore…!!!

4A0E8D08-E641-484A-974B-E6ACC291D4CC.jpeg

1499BE02-1854-4881-A7C3-592C76D5BAF9.jpeg

• Like 7

Tractorhead

Serviced today again my Horse after a High grass Mowing.

Martl was mowing the Larger areas when he stops by.

Hey Bud, i think i have a Job for you.

Do you believe your Tracta can Mow out between the 5 Trees at my Large Sheds?

My huge mower cannot reach it and i don‘t like to do it all by Hands.

So i hope maybe your Machines can do that.

Take a look and tell me if you believe if it will be possible for one of your Tractas...

Hahaha Heeey Man, it‘s a Wheelhorse, it can do anything i like to do with it.

Lemme look, i tell you if it will be possible.

Just to show you lads what we was talking about when we meant mow „High Grass“

maximum height 1 m

it was done with freshly sharpened Blades.

1 st Gear thottle @ 2700RPM, as you can hear, the Horse performs like a Charme.

It grunts but it don‘t screams.

The Single Belt what drives the deck performs pretty good, but that‘s the Limit it can handle.

2 Passes are needed, that‘s the result before the last pass.

7BE3456B-A0C2-40B3-B45E-AC3A933FB3B3.jpeg.e5007de324f20630fd91c286ee9e93fa.jpeg

After That, we do our Daily Honeydo Job.

E3551896-C3CE-42D4-AF6A-7D5F01CF6360.jpeg

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 5