Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

D_Mac

Looked it over some. Its going to need the fan for the hydro. Also the latching mechanism is missing for the hood. Needs a battery. The cigarette lighter is there but not sure if it works. Really dont want to pull parts off the 875 just yet. I work all weekend so I will give it a better going over on Monday.

20210430_164702.jpg

• Like 4

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, D_Mac said:

Really dont want to pull parts

IMHO...

Don't pull any parts off anything. 

Fix 'em both!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

IMHO...

Don't pull any parts off anything. 

Fix 'em both!!!

Im going to do my best EB. Is the 10hp Kohler considered a big block? Is this a Short Frame, Big Block?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

johnnymag3

Yes and Yes .....?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
Just now, D_Mac said:

Im going to do my best EB. Is the 10hp Kohler considered a big block? Is this a Short Frame, Big Block?

Big block yes. 

I don't know if a hydro has a short frame that year. 

I know 68+ they were long frames...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

Its a short frame, pretty much same tractor as the 875 except for the engine I think. I dont know of any other differences. The 857 is the same except for the rear end. Did I mention that I am really liking that 857 ???

• Like 4

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Did I mention that I am really liking that 857 ???

You should be. 

GREAT tractor. 

• Like 1

Gregor

I'm not sure what all I did to my :wh: yesterday, but it must have been a lot. Put 5 band-aids on my hands this morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, Gregor said:

5 band-aids

That's a full days work, proven. 

• Like 2

rjg854

@Gregor are you trying to go for @pullstart 's  record :scratchead:  :teasing-neener:

• Haha 6

SylvanLakeWH
13 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

@Gregor are you trying to go for @pullstart 's  record :scratchead:  :teasing-neener:

image.jpeg.803ea37819826ffcb7e1c67dfdf7d306.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Gregor

There's a good chance he ought bto take up a new hobby. Like maybe knitting.

• Haha 2

MikMacMike
On 4/30/2021 at 8:45 AM, ebinmaine said:

Excellent idea.

Thanks ebinmaine, I also made it so the trailer jack can be quickly removed and used on any other attachment I may build down the road. I guess Im showing my cheapy side hahahahah. I also built a a trailer that can be switch from a flat bed to a dirt laoding dump box, Im hoping to adapt that trailer jack to lift the dump box when its full.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

MikMacMike
On 4/29/2021 at 8:48 PM, pullstart said:

Wheel Horse.  The Fun-Work Tractor!  What classic looks, with brute strength!  Putt Putt is 59 years old this year, bustin’ butt whenever he’s called on!

98619BED-2AC9-4F61-921B-32BC80BC8103.jpeg

5A8D82F3-75DA-441A-98BE-3768DC081A71.jpeg

I was wondering, in the second pic, the cast iron hitch thingy that holds your dirt attachment and lifts it also, I was wondering how strong they are. I have one also but I didnt use it for fear of breaking it pulling the new box scraper. I have often thought though of turning in a kind of 3 point hitch, so the only real forces on it were lifting and the real pulling strenth would come from attaching the bottom part of the 3 point hitch to a stronger positon underneith??? I guess Im asking if anyone has broken one? What was it used on to break it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

All 65 tractors are short frames excpt. Lawn Ranger and 1054A 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MikMacMike
23 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@MikMacMike You will have to post some photos of your work . That looks like a great idea.

No problem, I barely took any pic while I was building it but when I get all the wireing up to the seat so I have easy access to controlling it and using power from the tractor insteab of a battery on the attachment Ill be breaking it down for painting, Ill take a crap load of pics explaining what I did and rough measurements. That way if anyone wants to build one they will do it quicker then what it took me to with all the trials and tribulation measuring for it to work right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

D_Mac
1 hour ago, squonk said:

All 65 tractors are short frames excpt. Lawn Ranger and 1054A 

Is the 10hp considered a big block?

• Like 4

pfrederi
5 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Is the 10hp considered a big block?

Yes  10-16 Big block

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gregor

Do all big blocks have balance gears?

• Like 1

squonk
30 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Do all big blocks have balance gears?

Most Kohler K-series K241 and Magnum M10 engines came from the factory without balance gears. Only thirteen K241 engines came from Kohler with balance gears installed. These engines have the specification numbers: 46578, 46634; (Allis Chalmers); 46590 (Yazoo); 46593, 46608, 46633 (John Deere); 46664, 46718, 46764, 46803 (Simplicity); 46809, 46810 (Grainger); and 46838 (Ingersoll Rand). And only four M10 engines came from Kohler with balance gears installed. These engines have the specification numbers: 461509 (Ingersoll Equipment); 461513, 461526, 461550, 461551 (Ingersoll Rand); 461534 (Cub Cadet); and 461543 (Compair Kellogg). All other specification numbers for the K241 and M10 engines have no balance gears. However, if your engine vibrates a lot, it should to be precision spin-balanced. But most K241 and M10 engines (without balance gears) run smoothly from the factory without balance gears originally installed.

From Brian millers site.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Gregor

Just thinking ahead to the K301 on my C-125

• Like 1

TonyToro

Finally I can say we worked on a tractor. We just stopped for lunch. We are swapping over the tiller to the C-145. I have a bunch of small pieces from the hardware store and then need to get a belt. I think I found it’s a 139” belt but if someone can confirm this for me it would be appreciated.

F8596BB2-213B-47F0-9AA2-ED527F554E88.jpeg

A28E2A44-CBDC-4EE4-8526-07761825B61F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Maxwell-8
6 hours ago, MikMacMike said:

I was wondering, in the second pic, the cast iron hitch thingy that holds your dirt attachment and lifts it also, I was wondering how strong they are. I have one also but I didnt use it for fear of breaking it pulling the new box scraper. I have often thought though of turning in a kind of 3 point hitch, so the only real forces on it were lifting and the real pulling strenth would come from attaching the bottom part of the 3 point hitch to a stronger positon underneith??? I guess Im asking if anyone has broken one? What was it used on to break it?

It is plenty strong(cast iron:dance:), the WH plow attaches there. i would be more worried about the cable lifting it.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Got the front set of tires in for my B-80 "FlowahPowah" in today. 1st set of ribbed tires can't wait to try them out.

Bring 'em over. Trina will let you use her tire changer. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1